Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Be a bit difficult since Rangers accounting period does not end till 30th June 2016 and they are normally released in November.

Do Rangers file accounts? Companies file accounts, are Rangers not a club?

Rangers & Celtic are a disgrace. The clubs live off sectarianism, there are other issues in Scottish football, but none as bad as their pish.

f**k off to the Atlantic league or England, and don't let the door hit your sectarian arses on the way out! #oldfirmpish

More sevco adverts in the press and Celtic fans leading Scottish fitba fans by the scruff of the neck, the fight against sevco is never-ending.

"

Today, Winning Captains has announced that the costs of two full page advertisements – one in the Swiss press and one in The Guardian – are now paid for and booked, and good to go for next week.

The Guardian ad will bring the Celtic fan led reform campaigns to the attention of an English based audience and seek to spark interest in the cause in the wider media.

As the ad before last season’s League Cup semi-final got people outside Scotland to look at the Survival Myth, this ad will get the media down south focussed on the way the one up here ignores major issues and the SFA continues to be run by people who think they should be immune from scrutiny.

This is a landmark moment; mark my words, it will have an effect.

The ad in the Swiss press is even more important, of course, because it’s the moment we put this issue in front of the eyes of UEFA.

We can write all the letters to these guys that we want, but nothing we do in that regard will have an ounce of the impact taking out an ad in a newspaper right on their doorstep will have. It’s an incredibly ambitious move.

And it’s a game changer.

In addition to all this, the guys behind this campaign are pushing out the boat one last time, to run a third ad in a Scottish newspaper at a later date."

A game changer they say, lol I say....

More sevco adverts in the press and Celtic fans leading Scottish fitba fans by the scruff of the neck, the fight against sevco is never-ending.

"

Today, Winning Captains has announced that the costs of two full page advertisements – one in the Swiss press and one in The Guardian – are now paid for and booked, and good to go for next week.

The Guardian ad will bring the Celtic fan led reform campaigns to the attention of an English based audience and seek to spark interest in the cause in the wider media.

As the ad before last season’s League Cup semi-final got people outside Scotland to look at the Survival Myth, this ad will get the media down south focussed on the way the one up here ignores major issues and the SFA continues to be run by people who think they should be immune from scrutiny.

The ad in the Swiss press is even more important, of course, because it’s the moment we put this issue in front of the eyes of UEFA.

We can write all the letters to these guys that we want, but nothing we do in that regard will have an ounce of the impact taking out an ad in a newspaper right on their doorstep will have. It’s an incredibly ambitious move.

And it’s a game changer.

In addition to all this, the guys behind this campaign are pushing out the boat one last time, to run a third ad in a Scottish newspaper at a later date."

A game changer?  Jesus christ.

Absolute lunatics

Of course, Rangers Retail was an effective subsidiary of Ashley’s Sports Direct, established by Chuck Green, Brian Stockbridge, Barry Leach, et al just 47 days after the accused fraudsters acquired Rangers back in 2012.

Have any of these people been convicted of fraud yet, or does the writer of this piece not know the difference between 'accused' and 'alleged'? Reads to me like these guys are fraudsters that have been accused, not people that have been accused of fraud. Get Shane Nicholson sued for shite use of the English language, I say.

But today’s move effectively ends the Club’s relationship with Sports Direct. The Rangers Retail contract was a de facto agreement to give Ashley 95 percent of revenues generated from the sale of merchandise. In addition, he was given control over all our badges and trademarks, all for–well–effectively a zero sum figure when you account for all the funds stripped out of Rangers by him and his associates.

As has been explained before, absolute nonsense. Receiving 5% profit does not mean your partner got 95% of the revenues.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

"

And it’s a game changer.

Good God. What rubbish.

However, the news that Celtic are also followed by a great many cretins is not that startling a revelation.

The Guardian ad will bring the Celtic fan led reform campaigns to the attention of an English based audience and seek to spark interest in the cause in the wider media

The funniest thing about this is that they think people still buy papers.  Will they be releasing an audio recording on cassette tape any time soon or will they stick with wax cylinders?

Edited to add: In the week that Radio 4 drop, "What the Papers Say" after 60 years of broadcasting, the grey and green hordes embrace this exciting new medium.

Edited by The_Kincardine

The funniest thing about this is that they think people still buy papers.  Will they be releasing an audio recording on cassette tape any time soon or will they stick with wax cylinders?

Edited to add: In the week that Radio 4 drop, "What the Papers Say" after 60 years of broadcasting, the grey and green hordes embrace this exciting new medium.

Have Radio 4 dropped 'What the Papers Say"? That seems a shame. It's not that long since it stopped being on TV. It's a pretty decent radio programme.

Has it been off air these last few weeks too?

For some reason, the podcasts have stopped downloading automatically for me, even though I subscribe.

Have Radio 4 dropped 'What the Papers Say"? That seems a shame. It's not that long since it stopped being on TV. It's a pretty decent radio programme. Has it been off air these last few weeks too? For some reason, the podcasts have stopped downloading automatically for me, even though I subscribe.

I think it's a right wee while since it was on TV.

ETA: 8 years since it was on TV. Certainly qualifies as "not that long" when you get to my age. Practically yesterday.

Edited by Jacksgranda

Have Radio 4 dropped 'What the Papers Say"?

This week was the last broadcast after 60 years though its demise was flagged a few months ago.  Entirely sensible decision.  The only 'print' paper worth reading is The FT.

They have a clever business model - they pretty-much give the paper away in return for corporate subscriptions and most businesses I visit have piles of The FT on reception.

Indeed, having The FT, The Economist and Private Eye has sustained me on business trips, home and back, for decades.

This week was the last broadcast after 60 years though its demise was flagged a few months ago.  Entirely sensible decision.  The only 'print' paper worth reading is The FT.

They have a clever business model - they pretty-much give the paper away in return for corporate subscriptions and most businesses I visit have piles of The FT on reception.

Indeed, having The FT, The Economist and Private Eye has sustained me on business trips, home and back, for decades.

There's something regrettable about the demise of print media though, don't you think?

There's something regrettable about the demise of print media though, don't you think?

Indeed.  When I went to Yooni in London my maw would post me the back pages of Sunday's Mail and Monday's Herald so I could keep in touch with Rangers..  She'd usually included a couple of teacakes or snowballs (squashed by the time they got to me).

Nowadays?  I read a book on the train going in to London and The FT on the trip back - mainly because of its analysis.  Newspapers no longer do news - I can get that on my iPad.  That being said, there's a visceral delight in reading a broadsheet.