Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No, as I said in the first post, responding to Swampy, that's I don't fully understand the voting procedures within the spl and if rangers were allowed straight back in ( if they fold or whatever) without consultation then it would be a joke.

You're right. It will be a joke. But it's going to happen. So face facts. Money talks.

No, as I said in the first post, responding to Swampy, that's I don't fully understand the voting procedures within the spl and if rangers were allowed straight back in ( if they fold or whatever) without consultation then it would be a joke.

why comment when you don't what you are talking about?

the spl is the clubs. if rangers are allowed to transfer their spl share to a new company it will be because the other clubs agreed to it.

It seems to me that Whyte has planned this all along. He has no intention of paying any tax bill in full. The revelation today that he (Rangers) have not paid any tax since he took over surely confirms this. He knew all along that he was putting the club into administration and HMRC would at the most get a very small percentage of what they are due. If he or HMRC liquidate the club then there will be no money paid in tax. Whyte will buy the assets, Ibrox and Murray Park for a song and then rent them back to the club at a huge price. He might then sell them later at a big profit.

what were the other options for rangers?

no matter who was in charge they were going to have to go into admin pre possibly getting stuck with the huge tax bill.

and no one on earth is actually going to agree to pay a historical tax bill that is higher than the turnover of the company it is being billed to even if they ran it up themselves (which whyte didn't).

Edited by T_S_A_R

Don't know what's been said in the other pages, but I think the timing of this is all planned. Leagues lost so they will forfeit 10 points. Resulting in them finishing 2nd 14pts behind instead of 4. Arrange a deal with creditors pay them xpence in the £. Get out of administration by the end of March. Start next season in Champions league and debt free.

What should happen is the SPL should look at it in the same way the English looked at Leeds. Who went into administration after they were already relegated. The league decided they were trying to avoid their punishment and the deduction was held over to the following season.

They won't have a European licence, though.

I'm fairly sure someone on here said that part of Financial Fair Play is that clubs have to show 3 seasons worth of stable accounts to play in Uefa competitions; a newly formed Rangers would not have this

Daniel Cousin signs for the Gers, but they've gone into admin before he's been registered.

The SPL have imposed a transfer embargo on them as well as deducting the 10 points.

Now watch the SPL bend over backwards to ratify his signing, then the administrators will bullet him in the cuts. :lol::lol::lol:

You can see it coming a mile off.

the spl is the clubs. if rangers are allowed to transfer their spl share to a new company it will be because the other clubs agreed to it.

the only body that could have a say in that is the SFA as the controlling body in charge of Scottish Football. Will club licensing be applied in respect of Phoenix Rangers?

Will a fit and proper person be required?

Can Whyte really pass that test?

no matter who was in charge they were going to have to go into admin pre possibly getting stuck with the huge tax bill.

and no one on earth is actually going to agree to pay a historical tax bill that is higher than the turnover of the company it is being billed to even if they ran it up themselves (which whyte didn't).

Maybe Rangers didn't have that many options this week - but nine months ago they had the option not to allow a snake to take over their club for the price of a sherbet dib-dab and a packet of Hubba Bubba.

no matter who was in charge they were going to have to go into admin

Not so sure about that, the reason they went into admin is because Whyte decided to stop paying the taxman since he took over and now owes them £9M

That's got nothing to do with the big tax case

As I said before, since he took over, Whyte has managed at least to raise £35M. So where the f**k has this cash went?

Maybe Rangers didn't have that many options this week - but nine months ago they had the option not to allow a snake to take over their club for the price of a sherbet dib-dab and a packet of Hubba Bubba.

the bank would have sold the club to gaddafi if he had £18m spare.

from murray's pov who is going to say no to someone taking a loss making business with crazy fans which is due a huge tax bill out of your hands?

Not so sure about that, the reason they went into admin is because Whyte decided to stop paying the taxman since he took over and now owes them £9M

That's got nothing to do with the big tax case

As I said before, since he took over, Whyte has managed at least to raise £35M. So where the f**k has this cash went?

i've no idea where the cash has went.

as for the current tax if your going to be £75m in debt to hmrc you might as well be £85m.

Edited by T_S_A_R

It seems to me that Whyte has planned this all along. He has no intention of paying any tax bill in full. The revelation today that he (Rangers) have not paid any tax since he took over surely confirms this. He knew all along that he was putting the club into administration and HMRC would at the most get a very small percentage of what they are due. If he or HMRC liquidate the club then there will be no money paid in tax. Whyte will buy the assets, Ibrox and Murray Park for a song and then rent them back to the club at a huge price. He might then sell them later at a big profit.

The SFA have a lot to answer. They are still looking into Whyte to see if he is a fit person to run a football club, nine months after he took over!

The BBC has already sussed out Mr Whyte

Still don't understand how CW can be allowed to "buy the assets" of the club without HMRC intervening/stripping them from him as part-payment for what he owes them. Whose money would he be buying them with, surely it's HMRC's (i.e. ours!!!)? I would've thought jail and stripped of every penny he has laid his thieving hands on would be the law of the land for CW not paying £9 million in taxes. Has the world gone mad? This secured/unsecured creditor jargon describing CW/HMRC and how CW's rights seem top priority has lost me :blink:

the only body that could have a say in that is the SFA as the controlling body in charge of Scottish Football. Will club licensing be applied in respect of Phoenix Rangers?

the spl would have the say on what happens to the spl share. the sfa would have the say on what happens to the sfa membership and as posted earlier the make up of the professional game board makes it look likely they will ok it.

Still don't understand how CW can be allowed to "buy the assets" of the club without HMRC intervening/stripping them from him as part-payment for what he owes them. Whose money would he be buying them with, surely it's HMRC's (i.e. ours!!!)? I would've thought jail and stripped of every penny he has laid his thieving hands on would be the law of the land for CW not paying £9 million in taxes. Has the world gone mad? This secured/unsecured creditor jargon describing CW/HMRC and how CW's rights seem top priority has lost me :blink:

craig whyte doesn't personally owe hmrc anything.

He is the most recent owner and secured creditor though. You can't jail a company?!

Sorry to be a bit rude but have not watched the news for the past few years? Craig Whyte and Rangers are pennies compared to what people have gotten away with.

The SFA have a lot to answer. They are still looking into Whyte to see if he is a fit person to run a football club, nine months after he took over!

The BBC has already sussed out Mr Whyte

Of course he has planned this all along. I pointed this out the day he bought the club. Whytes business plan for Glasgow Rangers would have been something like:

1) Take over the club for £1 and make loads of pie in the sky promises about player budgets to get the fans onside initally.

2) Mortgage 4 years worth of season tickets and then get Lloyds off your back with ' 18 million of my own money ' (:lol:)

3) Put the club into admin and make sure you are personally named as a creditor.

4) Get the administrators to run the club in the creditors best interests ( ie your own ) - that's what they do anyway! - which will result in years of football oblivion but you certainly don't care about that.

5) Take the club out of admin and get it back on its feet whenever possible.

6) Sell the now debt and tax case free club for a lot more than you bought it for as it is now a far more attractive proposition. Who cares about the x amount of years you just spent in the footballing wilderness?

7) Laugh your way to the bank with your £x million profit.

8) Dissappear into sunset.

Easy money !