Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If the tv deal is jeopardized, renegotiate or try and find another broadcaster. Clubs cut their cloth accordingly. Rangers are just another member club and should be treated as such.

If rangers were permitted to walk back into the SPL then, for me, the game is up.

They may be bigger but they are no "better" or more important than any other club in Scotland.

No Rangers = no TV deal. Personally, I'd be delighted to have no TV deal and also no Rangers. Both our clubs would survive quite happily. We might end up playing hunners of young kids for a while and we might end up with rubbishy washed up crocked pros like you get in the lower leagues but so what? I've watched plenty of rubbish St.Mirren teams in the first division and it never put me off.:lol:

has there been any statement from HMRC with regards to the £49 million, have heard all the stuff that they won't back down but anything official or dose anyone on the forum work for / or know the workings of HMRC will they finish the b*****ds off!

Yes, there has been.

In light of the ridiculous number of unnecessary threads started on pieandbovril.com, we've decided that we can no longer be fucked harrassing Rangers Football Club and have agreed that the debt will be waived with immediate effect.

See what you've all done?

has there been any statement from HMRC with regards to the £49 million, have heard all the stuff that they won't back down but anything official or dose anyone on the forum work for / or know the workings of HMRC will they finish the b*****ds off!

Stick to shagging sheep

I didn't see Dundee or Livingston get the backing from the Scottish First Minister the way Rangers got from Salmond on the news tonight.

He basically said that pressure is being put on HMRC to restrain their demands as it is vital that Rangers survive !!!

The Establishment will win the day again !!!:angry:

Would have thought the First Minister encouraging HMRC to let a private business off the hook would be an open goal for the opposition parties.

Well said Reynard. The vast bulk of what we watch IS shit, be it SPL shit or Third Division shit. But it should be honest shit. I think mass football disobedience is called for if the SPL clubs allow them back in - boycotts, badgering politicians, campaigns, marching on Hampden with burning pitchforks, you name it. Sod Sky and ESPN. If we go back to a BBC deal paying peanuts but getting Sportscene on a saturday night, well, I can think of worst things.

As much as I am laughing at Rangers, I have to say that HMRC are a fucking shambles. A costly shambles.

Agree with this but I think there is more to it than that.

1 They are a huge bureaucracy with too few internal (external) controls.

2 Their senior personell have too muck autonomy, an example being their cosy relationships with Vodafone.

3 The rules (legislation) actually favours people/companies trying to avoid their responsibilities. An example of this in the Rangers fiasco is Whyte being able to appoint administrators that include people with whom he has a close, personal relationship.

4 The legislation that is in place to "protect" is against unscrupulous individuals, eg individuals being banned as company directors, is not used nearly enough. Similarly there are very few directors who have been prosecuted for unlawful trading though it is a fairly common practice, particularly for companies that subsequently go into administration/liquidation.

I could go on but I won't as it pisses me off too much (plus I am doing this on my phone whilst trying to watch the Arsenal game). :lol:

As much as I am laughing at Rangers, I have to say that HMRC are a fucking shambles. A costly shambles.

I agree.

Although they have went up in my estimations dramatically in the last few days. Lets hope they keep up the good work.

Edited by ditots

ticketus are a front for octopus investments who invest money for hedge funds worth hundreds of millions.

the idea that they weren't fully aware that (i) whyte is dodgy (ii) rangers were facing a huge tax bill and (iii) admin was extremely likely is not very realistic. there is a reason why these people are filthy rich and it's not because they throw millions at con men.

it's much more likely that whyte, the administration company and ticketus have planned all this from day one.

Definitely.

I know corporate shenanigans are not a new thing and all this is mostly done under civil law but I wish someone would actually call it for what it is. Theft from the public purse ie. you and me.

How much stuff for hospitals, schools etc. would 75M have bought?