Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I do find it very odd, more than anything else. Presumably these quotes from Ally McCoist about signing him have come today, and I'm not quite sure how he can possibly still hope to sign him.

There will certainly be job losses at Ibrox, and I'm sure at least a few of them could be saved with an extra £5000 a week!

It's another one of these things that makes sympathy very difficult...

This isn't all bad for Mr Cousin. Just last week i read a quote from him saying that he had turned down £20,000 a week from someone else to return to Rangers laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I'm sure you did Daniel.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Just seen on SSN that Rangers were stopped from signing Cousin...wtf is going on there? In admin, talk of players leaving but they still try and sign a player on £x per week??? Are the admin men even being told about this or they choosing to ignore?

I thin Cousin signed for Rangers on Monday morning. They didn't register him properly with the SFA/SPL. They therefore chanced their arm to belatedly do the paper work with them as they are left with him on the payroll whether he plays or not.

Still a shambles either way though.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

The Cousin outcome is a correct decision. The neck of these people is beyond belief. They have no money and yet they still try to spend more by signing this guy on £5000 a week.. Hardly showing they are learning anything from the shite they find themselves in.. Can't believe the administrator was prepared to back this action..Every other admin has seen players leaving within days , Rangers try to bring someone in.. Dodgy as f**k...

No real shock that Cousin`s move has been blocked, but surely it should have been done by the administrator rather than the SPL?

It seems a hopeless punt. Although if he was going to be due wages until the redundancies are announced (i.e. if he'd signed a contract), maybe they thought they'd be as well have a go, just in case?

I thin Cousin signed for Rangers on Monday morning. They didn't register him properly with the SFA/SPL. They therefore chanced their arm to belatedly do the paper work with them as they are left with him on the payroll whether he plays or not.

Still a shambles either way though.

Ermmmm. Well he'll be the first paid off if that is the case.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Although I am sure any contracts would have had a clause covering non registration for any reason.. That would be pretty normal although to be fair, there aint much normal going on down Ibrox way these days.

It seems a hopeless punt. Although if he was going to be due wages until the redundancies are announced (i.e. if he'd signed a contract), maybe they thought they'd be as well have a go, just in case?

Just shows that the administrator is not doing the job it was brought in for !!! Just as most folk on here were thinking !! ........Ach it's Rangers, let them aff wi it !!

I wish I was as much of an expert on administration, liquidation, HMRC legality, PAYE tax & Craig Whyte as everyone else in Scotland seems to be at the moment, unfortunately I know f**k all about most of it other than what I've read in the newspapers so I've been keeping my comments to the minimum on the matter.

Just 30 seconds ago I watched a comment from Neil Lennon that went to the effect of "I have much sympathy for my counterpart, Ally, and what he's having to deal with, particularly in his first season as manager. But as for the rest of them? The ones that brought this on? No sympathy whatsoever."

That, almost, sums up my feelings on the matter. I hope whoever brought this on my club is held accountable in a court of law and not just in their wallet, all of the blameless staff, the fans and like it or not the whole of Scottish football does not deserve to have this brought upon it on the back of actions of a few greedy individuals.

Still, it's Rangers though - despite my worries I'm about 99.999% sure that we'll still be battling for the title in the years to come - maybe it's Celtic's turn for a 3 in a row, but we'll be back at the top again some time soon.

I wish I was as much of an expert on administration, liquidation, HMRC legality, PAYE tax & Craig Whyte as everyone else in Scotland seems to be at the moment, unfortunately I know f**k all about most of it other than what I've read in the newspapers so I've been keeping my comments to the minimum on the matter.

Just 30 seconds ago I watched a comment from Neil Lennon that went to the effect of "I have much sympathy for my counterpart, Ally, and what he's having to deal with, particularly in his first season as manager. But as for the rest of them? The ones that brought this on? No sympathy whatsoever."

That, almost, sums up my feelings on the matter. I hope whoever brought this on my club is held accountable in a court of law and not just in their wallet, all of the blameless staff, the fans and like it or not the whole of Scottish football does not deserve to have this brought upon it on the back of actions of a few greedy individuals.

Still, it's Rangers though - despite my worries I'm about 99.999% sure that we'll still be battling for the title in the years to come - maybe it's Celtic's turn for a 3 in a row, but we'll be back at the top again some time soon.

THUMP !!!!! Head goes firmly back in the sand !!

I've been as busy as a beaver these last couple days but have heard sporadic nuggets on the radio and have been loosely tracking this thread.

One person has been conspicuously absent in all this, from what I've seen and heard. Has Neil Doncaster stuck his head above the parapet?

HUMILITY

hu·mil·i·ty/hjuˈmɪləti/noun : the quality or state of not thinking you are better than other people : the quality or state of being humble

Just shows that the administrator is not doing the job it was brought in for !!! Just as most folk on here were thinking !! ........Ach it's Rangers, let them aff wi it !!

dry.gif I don't follow - if scenario was that Cousin had signed, but hadn't been registered, surely the administrator is doing his job in trying (however unlikely the chance of success) to get him registered? That way he'd get some utility from him, as opposed to just paying him till the redunancies were announced.

dry.gif I don't follow - if scenario was that Cousin had signed, but hadn't been registered, surely the administrator is doing his job in trying (however unlikely the chance of success) to get him registered? That way he'd get some utility from him, as opposed to just paying him till the redunancies were announced.

Morality is the key word here !!

Morality is the key word here !!

You believe the administrator's job is that of a morality policeman?

The Rangers Tax Case blog Guardian article is now up online, makes interesting reading

http://www.guardian....d-media-rangers

firstly he might want to consider that the journalists of scotland put their names to their articles.

secondly what has he actually revealed? there hasn't exactly been a lot of revelations in this case. rangers get pulled up for ebts, rangers go into admin. that's about it.