Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Rangers Tax Case blog Guardian article is now up online, makes interesting reading

http://www.guardian....d-media-rangers

The stuff about how the Scottish media works is interesting.

The smug, sanctimonious tone would however grate somewhat, were it not for the fact that I'm in such a good mood about it all.

This is getting boring ,

Here's the outcome,,,rangers will continue as usual maybe for a few years skint but nevertheless they will continue .

Regardless how bad things get for rangers it will take about 5 years max to get back to normal,,some people forget how dire Celtic where when they nearly went under , they were finishing 4th 5th in the league!!!! While rangers main rivals where Aberdeen and Motherwell ffs

The smug, sanctimonious tone would however grate somewhat, were it not for the fact that I'm in such a good mood about it all.

Agree completely.

Hard to overlook the smug paranoid self-satisfaction. Once you do though, he makes a lot of very pertinant points.

Who writes it? I was reading that in a Pat Kane kind of voice.......I bet it's him.

I don't ever remember giving my blessing to anyone at Rangers to illegally not pay their taxes, don't know if you'll find many who did mate.

Why do you think your club was sold for a pound to Walter Mitty in the first place? Because you racked up tens of millions of debt in an attempt to buy permanent dominance of Scottish football. Your gates increased fivefold on your 1980s figures, due to gloryhunters jumping on the bandwagon.

Rangers deserve everything they get, and their non-payment of tax is a direct result of cheating for over two decades.

Edited by vikingTON

firstly he might want to consider that the journalists of scotland put their names to their articles.

secondly what has he actually revealed? there hasn't exactly been a lot of revelations in this case. rangers get pulled up for ebts, rangers go into admin. that's about it.

Well at least he has brought it to the attention of people like you and me, I didn`t see the Scottish press doing any of that. Yes he`s a Celtic fan, but if you look beyond that he has made some very good points. I genuinely think that had he been a Rangers fan, he`d have been ignored(in the main) by his own support for pouring scorn on the Wyhte knight.

By the way, do you ever use caps lock? It makes reading your posts irritating that you do not.

firstly he might want to consider that the journalists of scotland put their names to their articles.

secondly what has he actually revealed? there hasn't exactly been a lot of revelations in this case. rangers get pulled up for ebts, rangers go into admin. that's about it.

Agreed. Hardly Woodward and Bernstein stuff. A bit of useful trawling the internet for links between the actors, but nothing that's going to get anyone locked away. He certainly thinks he's the man though, his latest headline:

Blogger Scoops Mainstream Media Yet Again Shocker! -in spare time

His big scoop? Murray doesn't have a buy back clause. Given that Murray was never remotely interested in buying back the club, so what? For an anonymous blogger who doesn't have to get stories to stand up to legal scrutiny, hardly earth shattering. The big stories have been broken by BBC reporters, on camera.

His blog has sometimes been useful as a vehicle for the wilder speculation which mainstream media (and journalists putting their names to articles) aren't able to engage in.

However, much of that speculation (unsurprisingly) ultimately proved complete tosh, and I can't really recall him breaking any true exclusives - he hasn't any actual inside info.

Persistent? Yes. As big as his self-agrandisement implies? No.

His blog has sometimes been useful as a vehicle for the wilder speculation which mainstream media (and journalists putting their names to articles) aren't able to engage in.

However, much of that speculation (unsurprisingly) ultimately proved complete tosh, and I can't really recall him breaking any true exclusives - he hasn't any actual inside info.

Persistent? Yes. As big as his self-agrandisement implies? No.

I actually never bothered to read his latest blog, after three paragraphs of self praise i got bored.

In a show of sympathy, Calcutta which is twinned with Larkhall (insert black hole gag here), is to be repainted blue :blink: , houses, taxis, the whole shebang!

Jings!

"Blue is a beautiful colour and is also soothing for the eyes," Calcutta mayor Sobhan Chatterjee said.