Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Think are just making it clear they have not loaned Rangers or Craig Whyte anything which is what is being reported, they have bought a portion of the Rangers season tickets for the next few years and whatever happens they still owns these and get the money from the sale of season books.

Shame they won't have any tickets for New **** FC then...

If the money indeed went to the parent company, and the parent company starts the new club, then they could well have those tickets?

I'd like to see them try to sell £600+ season tickets for 3rd division football, when the money isn't even going to the club..

Mandaric has said he has no interest in buying Rangers. Today officially marks the last time the words Milan and Rangers will ever be used in the same sentence.

"Rangers v Milan Legends match cancelled due to lack of funds"?

Why didn't Celtic make a statement about almost every journalist who has said the same thing as Salmond. Seems that Celtic are a bit paranoid and are falling over themselves to say 'we don't need Rangers, let them die for all we care'.

In fact most journalists have simply said 'Celtic would be worse off without Rangers' - many in direct response to Lawwell's comments on Monday.

Do Celtic really believe that? Do they hate the idea of Rangers winning the title ever again, that they would rather they ceased to exist rather than have a credible opponent to drive competition in the league?

If Rangers did die, Celtic would get bored sh1tless winning the league every February. Interest in their club would drop and they would end up staying just a bit better than Hearts, Motherwell, Dunde Utd etc. Assuming they couldn't get a move to England (which would be much more likely without Rangers, than it would with them) they'd end up playing in front of 20,000 or 30,000 fans, or less, within a decade.

Celtic have far more to lose than any other club if Rangers went tits up. In fact, it would actully be funny to watch.

If Rangers aren't in the SPL next year, that's the kind of crowds Celtic will get immediately.

Anyone who thinks that Celtic will end up as bad as Rangers as a result of the demise of Rangers is a moron. Celtic are in good finances and if there is a shit storm as a result of Rangers going bust Celtic will be best prepared out of every team in the SPL.

If Rangers aren't in the SPL next year, that's the kind of crowds Celtic will get immediately.

Possibly, or, like Rangers this Saturday who will get 50,000 coming out to show solidarity, Celtic might mount a massive 'time to back our team and show Rangers we don't need them' campaign. Have a keen ST price deal, whatever. They'd need to do something - as would all other SPL clubs to make up at least, the shortfall that would result from Rangers not visiting their grounds however many times a season that is. Now, this isn't me arguing that because there will be a shortfall it means we cannot survive without Rangers, so would therefore need to break the rules to keep them alive and kicking in the SPL - far from it. All I want to see is complete transparency and fairness - should it arise that Rangers actually find themselves in that situation. Everyone would need to forget this is Rangers, and deal with the facts and treat them the same way as any club who might get so far up shit creek that they lost their SPL status for non-relegation reasons.

Simple as that in my book. If Rangers really go up that creek without a paddle - neither the football authorites or politicians, or Rangers apologist media types should even attempt to manufacture a rescue paddle on their behalf.

Edited by pozbaird

I tend to agree - I can see a drop in demand for Season Tickets as the cost would no longer seem so attractive without the OF games and we normally see a big dip for Celtic's "non-season" ticket games in the cup and europa League. They would still have crowds that the rest of us could only dream of - but I can't see the Waiting List being dusted off any time soon....

In my last post, I didn't mean that Salmond and Cameron were fallng over themselves to initiate discussion about Rangers. I appreciate they were asked by a reporter and therefore responded. My point though, while perhaps badly worded initially, is that their responses (most notably Salmond) were not simply the bog standard soundbite of support you would expect. Both of them were most definitely sounding off about something needing done because of the history and tradition of this particular Glasgow giant. Salmond really should have kept his response short and sweet. He brought Celtic and the rest of Scottish football into, and added fuel to the 'everyone needs Rangers, we're nothing without them' line. I'm no Peter Lawell fan, but he was bang on to come out strongly and distance his club from this growing (in some quarters) view that this is a special circumstance.... because it's Rangers.

Some may agree that Rangers must be saved simply because they are, well, Rangers, but I don't buy it. I have no problem if Rangers do survive, but if it is achieved or aided by the politicians and football authorities bending or breaking the rules that they would never, ever bend or break for 10 other SPL clubs for sure, then the whole lot of them can go fcuk themselves, whatever crumb of respectabilty Scottish football had in my eyes would just have been flushed right down the pan.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make about Salmond 20 pages earlier. It will be interesting to see if he dumps Rangers as quickly as he dumped his good mate Fred the Shred if or when the shit hits the fan !!!

I tend to agree - I can see a drop in demand for Season Tickets as the cost would no longer seem so attractive without the OF games and we normally see a big dip for Celtic's "non-season" ticket games in the cup and europa League. They would still have crowds that the rest of us could only dream of - but I can't see the Waiting List being dusted off any time soon....

I dont disagree that crowds may drop, but not right away, and i highly down they will only be around the 20/30k mark.

Is there, or has there ever been, a league championship anywhere in the world where one team enjoyed, hypothetically, as much dominance as Celtic would in the SPL were Rangers to actually go out of the game? I can't for the life of me think of anything even close to the situation we would have here.

I vaguely recall one of the minor East European leagues is a bit lop-sided with one team continually winning the league, gaining access to the Champions' League, and bankrolling continuing success with the money from it. The country escapes me tho.

Rosenborg dominated Norway for ages.

You have to imagine Celtic would cut back - why spend £50 mill a season to win the SPL when you can spend £20 mill and still win. Eventually somebody would get near to them.

Rosenborg won every title between 1992 and 2004. They've only won 3 out of 7 since then, right enough.