Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Milan Mandaric? Is this for real? My goodness. Is he in a consortium with Peter Ridsdale and Angelo Massone? This is getting surreal. What I'm finding interesting is the way the overall perception of the situation is so fluid. It changes on a daily basis. What I mean is you turn on your telly or pick up a newspaper (or the Daily Record if there's no newspapers to hand), and you sense that the mood is swinging towards 'Rangers are an institution, we must do everything we can...' etc, etc - as spouted by El Presidente de independiente republica Escocia Alex Salmond yesterday, or his chum big David 'Westminster Loyal' Cameron. So, you find yourself thinking 'the cnuts are going to get away with this...because they're Rangers'. Despite you feeling genuinely concerned for the cleaners, groundsmen and so on, your heart sinks, you mutter sweary words to yourself, and you visualise a debt-free Rangers, Whyte pocketing millions, and HMRC lawyers heading home thinking about doing a Gary Speed.

However, you turn on the TV an hour or two later, and the landscape seems to have shifted again. More revelations about the last 9 months, never mind the last 9 years... deeper investigations into Whyte's takeover, confusion over the Ticketus 'arrangement', dossiers handed to the police, the whole damn thng... the more toxic Whyte and Rangers become, the less likely they can simply get away with it 'because they are Rangers'. Wee Eck warbling to Al Jazeera about Rangers the Scottish institution, with 140 years history to protect. Don't Motherwell and Dundee have long histories? They are Scottish institutions too. Where was wee chubby chops on our TV screens when those clubs faced uncertain futures? Where was the British Prime Minister? Sorry, forgot - this is Rangers, this is a whole different ball game, erm, because it's Rangers.

As the days go by, it's increasingly hard to call which way this will actually go. My local Tesco needs to stock up on more popcorn. It could go either way.

So if Reboot United are debt free after administration, then in theory they could happily go back up to 45m Euros debt over the next three years? :huh::angry:

Aye.

I know the guy that now owns Grants the haggis maker folk. He operates just like the guy Whyte does, takes over struggling businesses and tries to make some wedge. He got Grants for a poind too. They owed a significant amount of money, were owed maybe around half of what THEY owed and had maybe quarter of a million in their bank account, it was a cash flow thing for them but they were toiling. He told the directors he would take on the debt for a pound and they could waltz off with whatever was in the bank account if they just fucked off. They did. The guy then went to the creditors and told them he was going to close the thing down if they didnt accept some ludicrously small amount (if anything) they all agreed, he managed to extract all the money owed to the company got rid of the debt sacked all the workers and re-hired them on worse money and is still there for the moment. He has done this with a few companies. He tried it with organics the baby food folk that had a canning place at Falkirk but it didnt work out as well. He doesnt give a f**k, he has balls of steel and a brass neck and spins all sorts of lines to get what he wants, but he makes money from situations like that. Whyte may or may not make a bit of money here. I'm sure he couldn't give a f**k one way or another, if it works then fine if it doesn't he will waltz off and try elsewhere. The fact that ists a football club and a high profile one that will get plenty of media coverage probably won't worry him too much. Its a game. And regardless, Rangers will be around in some shape or form.

The fact is that Salmond, Cameron or their equivalents at the time were never asked about Dundee, Livingston etc., the problem isn’t with the people asked to express opinions, the problem is with an OF-centric media who are building this up into a disaster of biblical proportions.

The fact is that Salmond, Cameron or their equivalents at the time were never asked about Dundee, Livingston etc., the problem isn't with the people asked to express opinions, the problem is with an OF-centric media who are building this up into a disaster of biblical proportions.

Correct. Salmond and Cameron answered because someone shoved a microphone in their faces. If this was a normal business then nobody would be giving a f**k. These situations happen a lot but because this is a football club that newspapers fill their paf]ges with its a big deal. Lets face it they employ a hundred odd folk and their turnover wont be much higher than your local fucking Tesco.:P

Correct. Salmond and Cameron answered because someone shoved a microphone in their faces. If this was a normal business then nobody would be giving a f**k. These situations happen a lot but because this is a football club that newspapers fill their paf]ges with its a big deal. Lets face it they employ a hundred odd folk and their turnover wont be much higher than your local fucking Tesco.:P

But they're an institution! A pillar of our society!

To be fair - you often get questions in FMQ's each week asking Salmond to comment on (often quite small) businesses going into admin under dodgy circumstances - and he gives a fairly stock response that isn't a million miles from his line on Rangers. The bottom line is that politicians are powerless over this stuff but need to generate some soundbites - and when you add a Scottish media that can work an OF angle into any story - then it was inevitable that the PM and FM were asked about it.

By their own admission the auditors are at a very early stage in investigating the clubs financial position and don't even know where the Ticketus money has gone. Yet they were emphatic in their view that Rangers would not go into administration. How can they say this?

By their own admission the auditors are at a very early stage in investigating the clubs financial position and don't even know where the Ticketus money has gone. Yet they were emphatic in their view that Rangers would not go into administration. How can they say this?

I think you mean liquidation :)

It could easily just be to avoid a shitstorm by saying "let's face it folks, we're fucked".

:lol:

Well played.

As a Dundee fan, i have no moral right to be taking the pish here. But it's Rangers, so i'm going to laugh like f**k about it.

Most of us probably know that in some form or other, Rangers will likely survive. We also know the tax case could easily go either way, and we almost certainly know that assuming the bigoted c***s survive this, most of them will suddenly remember their P&B passwords and be gloating like f**k.

I therefore humbly suggest that for a few short weeks we continue to take great delight in their humiliation and rub their noses in it at every given opportunity.

In the unlikely event that they are wound up and have to reform as Rangers 2012 or whatever, we can reap further enjoyment from telling the gloryhunting c***s that we all suffer in our local towns, that they now have less trophies to their name than Dumbarton. LOL@Celtic would probably have a fucking stroke if he still posted here.

It's what i'd like to term a "win-win" situation.

Well when it comes to league titles so do most clubs to be fair

The fact is that Salmond, Cameron or their equivalents at the time were never asked about Dundee, Livingston etc., the problem isn't with the people asked to express opinions, the problem is with an OF-centric media who are building this up into a disaster of biblical proportions.

It was a while ago so I might be wrong but I don't remember this wankfest from the media / politicians when Celtic were nearly being wound up.

In fact weren't Celtic closer to being finished than Rangers are just now?

Whyte is welcome for a pint roon Firhill anytime.

I think you mean liquidation :)

It could easily just be to avoid a shitstorm by saying "let's face it folks, we're fucked".

Yeah you're right I meant liquidation. :(

The fact is a as administartors they are acting as officers of the court. In that capacity I would have thought they would be obliged to be more honest (even if it meant saying "we really do'nt know what will happen") rather than trying to be glorified PR men.

It was a while ago so I might be wrong but I don't remember this wankfest from the media / politicians when Celtic were nearly being wound up.

In fact weren't Celtic closer to being finished than Rangers are just now?

Whyte is welcome for a pint roon Firhill anytime.

My recollection of the Celtic situation though is that it was shrouded in secrecy.

No one knew how close they were to the brink because the families kept schtum.

Yeah you're right I meant liquidation. :(

The fact is a as administartors they are acting as officers of the court. In that capacity I would have thought they would be obliged to be more honest (even if it meant saying "we really do'nt know what will happen") rather than trying to be glorified PR men.

Yeah, ideally they would be totally honest or just say "it's too early to say" etc (like they did for half the other questions!). Or maybe until the "big tax case" bill actually materializes, it's safe to say liquidation is not a likely outcome. They seem to think they can negotiate with HMRC (which seems a bit weird - why negotiate over something they are contesting in the first place? You either accept liability or you don't!)

My recollection of the Celtic situation though is that it was shrouded in secrecy.

No one knew how close they were to the brink because the families kept schtum.

That's how I remember it as well and there was plenty of copy about the abysmal crowds and lack of success.