Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've been as busy as a beaver these last couple days but have heard sporadic nuggets on the radio and have been loosely tracking this thread.

One person has been conspicuously absent in all this, from what I've seen and heard. Has Neil Doncaster stuck his head above the parapet?

What do you think ? rolleyes.gif

His blog has sometimes been useful as a vehicle for the wilder speculation which mainstream media (and journalists putting their names to articles) aren't able to engage in.

However, much of that speculation (unsurprisingly) ultimately proved complete tosh, and I can't really recall him breaking any true exclusives - he hasn't any actual inside info.

Persistent? Yes. As big as his self-agrandisement implies? No.

I always assumed it was that Phil McScrabblescore gobshite, but the amount of effort, and as someone else pointed out, the generally passable syntax and grammar means it probably isn't. The self aggrandising baloney on the other hand...

The Rangerstaxcase.com site has been largely on the money so far, but prone to hyperbole. It has been adamant from the start that Rangers will be liquidated, so we shall see how accurate that really is. I suspect a healthy dose of revisionism will pass between those pages before the saga is over.

His blog has sometimes been useful as a vehicle for the wilder speculation which mainstream media (and journalists putting their names to articles) aren't able to engage in.

However, much of that speculation (unsurprisingly) ultimately proved complete tosh, and I can't really recall him breaking any true exclusives - he hasn't any actual inside info.

Persistent? Yes. As big as his self-agrandisement implies? No.

Was never really an avid reader of the RangersTaxCase website but I certainly remember it reporting the fact the Rangers were not passing on PAYE contributions about 4 months ago while the Scottish media did not start reporting it till this weeks when HMRC came out with it.

If Rangers go tits up and get allowed back in as FC Rangers of Glasgow, Vlad will be first in the queue, outside Fud & Skelps or whatever they're called, to go in to admin, closely followed by Michael Johnston, John Yorkston and Steven Thompson. It'd be like the Harrods sale. They'd camp out over the weekend.

Dundee and Livi would probably have another bash at it as well. Not Motherwell though, they're the good guys......above reproach, pillars of society, a model club. We sould have Leeeeeeeaaaane Dempster stuffed and displayed in the foyer at Hampden.

I think Tom English wrote a piece recently about the rangerstaxcase blog, hr basically was saying that journalists were aware of the stuff the guy was saying, but the issue was convincing an editor to print them as some of the revelations couldn't be verified enough.

http://m.scotsman.com/news/glenn_gibbons_pride_and_profligacy_a_prelude_to_rangers_fall_1_2124217

Glenn Gibbons nails it.

in truth, Murray’s pot-hunting bluster and bravado appealed to Rangers supporters’ innate taste for triumphalism
If anything, those who claim unswerving loyalty to Rangers have been distinguished over the decades by a tendency to thin out in the face of adversity. It is a mere two weeks since fewer than 18,000 fans (including around 1,600 visitors) attended a Scottish Cup tie, while a random glance at matches in the early 1980s, when lying third in the league, reveals crowds of 4,500 and 8,500 for successive home matches against St Mirren and Dundee.
Even the most successful managers at Ibrox have had to tolerate booing of their team for committing the capital offence of being a goal down at half-time

:)

Edited by chico

If Rangers go tits up and get allowed back in as FC Rangers of Glasgow, Vlad will be first in the queue, outside Fud & Skelps or whatever they're called, to go in to admin, closely followed by Michael Johnston, John Yorkston and Steven Thompson. It'd be like the Harrods sale. They'd camp out over the weekend.

Dundee and Livi would probably have another bash at it as well. Not Motherwell though, they're the good guys......above reproach, pillars of society, a model club. We sould have Leeeeeeeaaaane Dempster stuffed and displayed in the foyer at Hampden.

The only reason Hearts and Dunfermline haven't been in administration already is because they owe all the money to themselves. Not much point in paying yourfself 3 p in the pound when a miracle might happen.