Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't agree with that. A tiny minority are bigots but there is a huge number who call themself '90 minute bigots' and these are the ones i find most irritating. Perfectly normal well balanced individuals who enter a football stadium and become transformed into a raging bigots..I just don't get it and i never have.

That'll be the same 90 minute bigots who, when they have a good drink in them, start their songs on the way home from the pub at closing time.

I would imagine people from all over Scotland will have heard it just about every weekend.

It comes from both sides by the way, not just your lot.

With a part of the stadium listed you couldn't really sell the stadium to build houses!

I think that can be worked round with the Listed frontage remaining.

Port Glasgow A listed ropeworks development keeping the original brick frontage being a good example.

post-9889-0-31970900-1330642593_thumb.jp

Edited by BigBadSaint

I appreciate what you're saying but surely the fact that Rangers have 35000 guilty parties to choose from and they have banned nobody shows that they don't have a zero tolerance policy. It's more of a token gesture policy.

I am not sure Rangers make it public. I only read about 1 person being banned at the game and that was for smoking a joint..TBH if they had banned anybody i would have probably heard on Follow Follow so yes the club were at fault in this instance..badly at fault

Has there been a definitive answer yet about who actually owns Ibrox and Murray Park? I've heard, mainly from the forums, that it may be another holding company or something similar. I liked the suggestion much earlier that the SFA should buy Murray Park.

I think that can be worked round with the Listed frontage remaining

Port Glasgow A listed ropeworks developement keeping the original brick frontage being a good example

post-9889-0-31970900-1330642593_thumb.jp

Heard there's a few flats in that with 6ft x 100ft bedrooms :P

I think that can be worked round with the Listed frontage remaining

Port Glasgow A listed ropeworks developement keeping the original brick frontage being a good example

If muppets think they can make money from building flats in Port Glasgow, someone can make money from Ibrox. Close the bigots and sell it on.

I know i am repeating myself here but i agree with you. I said so in the match thread and i said so above..It was fucking madness and i was standing shaking my head in disbelief. I was one of the ones in the Govan rear who shouted down the nutters trying to start up TBB. There is only so much i can do as an individual..I cant stop 35,000 from singing a song. I can let those around me know how i feel though and i do...within reason

I love St Mirren and go whenever possible to see games ( I've seen every SPL team this season apart from Rangers and Celtic) - probably spend too much money/spare time following them. If, however it got to the stage where there was any sectarian singing, (never mind over 70% of the crowd participating from St Mirren fans, I'm afraid I'd chuck it. Your club is vile - too many of it's supporters are vile - I'm sorry for it's employees that look like losing their jobs in these times - but I hope by the time next season starts that it no longer exists.

Unfortunately it seems like you are in the minority at Ibrox trying to shout these idiots down.

TBB and TFS are never sung at the grounds now as people will shout them down if others try and start it. I have said for a while 'Super Rangers' should be added to that list. In fairness to you that was also sang in the game you were talking about hearing. I had honestly forgotten about that one

I was at a wee Rangers do in Inverness on Saturday and 1 crowd of drunks started singing all the old songs..The place emptied quickly as we just don't want to hear that shit anymore. They'll take the hint...eventually

Has there been a definitive answer yet about who actually owns Ibrox and Murray Park? I've heard, mainly from the forums, that it may be another holding company or something similar. I liked the suggestion much earlier that the SFA should buy Murray Park.

Whyte doesn't need to transfer their ownership, he can stick a charge or security over them to have the same effect.

Rangers.

I was at a wee Rangers do in Inverness on Saturday and 1 crowd of drunks started singing all the old songs..The place emptied quickly as we just don't want to hear that shit anymore. They'll take the hint...eventually

:lol:

It's always a minority

I am not sure Rangers make it public. I only read about 1 person being banned at the game and that was for smoking a joint..TBH if they had banned anybody i would have probably heard on Follow Follow so yes the club were at fault in this instance..badly at fault

Glad you see it that way. I hope that will also see an end to the zero tolerance claim as even you can see now it's not true.

For reasons wholly unrelated to watching shite bigots I was in a Rangers-minded pub in the south-side of Glasgow in October. They were reeling out all the party tunes, including certain numbers about about fucking the Pope and death to Catholics, shortly before they slithered onto the buses for Ibrox.

Contrary to your anecdote, not a single one of them left, or even objected to this collective show of bigotry. Clearly I must have just gone to the wrong place: if there is a selection of more genteel establishments before your match days then let us know. Because all the ones I've had the misfortune to share with your knuckle-dragging fans have involved bigotry. Not to forget the bigotry of Rangers fans in Stranraer, in the Stranraer social club, on the way home from your first home game this season, singing the Sash.

Again, must be that tiny minority non-bigots just keep bumping in to.

Edited by vikingTON

Glad you see it that way. I hope that will also see an end to the zero tolerance claim as even you can see now it's not true.

I was going to say if you had any suggestions in how to tackle this problem i would gladly pass them on...But i think i have a pretty good idea what your solution would be ;)

It is only the facade at Ibrox. This is why The Club Deck was so expensive as we had to keep the outside of the Main Stand as it was when building it

The original interior is also coverted by the listing..........wood and stained glass doors to vestibule and RFC floor mosaic. 2 Doric columns and 2 pilasters with disc frieze capitals carry landing. Dark wood panelled walls and simple plaster cornices, stair with wrought-iron and wood banister. 1st floor large corniced door to Director's room. Most rooms have wood panelling and some original light fittings.

It is highly unlikely that planning permission would be forthcoming for the redevelopment of either Ibrox or Murray Park.

The highest value acheiveable would therefore be as a football ground and football training ground respectively.

I was going to say if you had any suggestions in how to tackle this problem i would gladly pass them on...But i think i have a pretty good idea what your solution would be ;)

You may well be right!