Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Why would UEFA stop you having a church parade?. Perhaps if some of the "minority" went to a church on a Sunday they would possibly learn something.

Why would UEFA stop you working with the Boys Brigade? As a BB company captain we are not a single faith organisation and are open to people of all or no faiths. Yes there is a Christian background but its non denominational (mainly Church of Scotland) and the only BB event I have been to in Glasgow was hosted by your rivals from the East End of the city.

The problem with the "minority" is they confuse their history and bigotry with true religion. That's where the former chairman fell down.

I went to boys brigade as a kid as many of my school friends joined. I kept earning my group minus points every monday night as i had no idea what the hell sunday school was.

open to all my arse!

maybe these days it's different but back then it certainly wasn't.

I think that's harsh dude, people start supporting their football club long before they understand anything about politics or brainwashing (or religion as some call it).

If you start supporting a club and then become a bigot then there is a problem.

At the end of the day, your team is your team and i would imagine it is very difficult for anyone who has invested their time, money and affection to ditch or switch clubs no matter how much other fans do your head in.

The things other rangers fans may say or do should in no way reflect on No.8

The Rangers fans from the Glasgow area are more likely to be like no.8 and these are the ones who have the right to call themselves the true rangers fans.

I was going to say more or less this. I had absolutely no idea about religion when i started supporting the club. I cant be held responsible for the faults of the past if i am actively doing something to try and change it. Now if i sat on my hands and said nothing or joined in with the bigots then fair enough but i don't. I take every opportunity to attack the bigots within our crowd on here and have been banned from VGB and RM in the past for being too outspoken on sectarian singing

Guest Kincardine

That is what your team is all about, those are the fans they have been encouraging for decades.

You started supporting Rangers, I believe, in the 1970's when they operated a sectarian signing policy, and the club and their fans were openly anti-catholic, and still you gave them your support. V

These are rich comments coming from a Motherwell fan. I went to Fir Park regularly in the late 60s and early 70s and 'loyal' songs were often sung. A Motherwell fan taught me the words of The Sash.

I was also a member of an Orange Lodge in Motherwell in the late 70s and was regularly chided for supporting Rangers rather than Motherwell and for being late for lodge meetings because I'd had to come back from Ibrox. Other lodge members just had to go up the road to watch their team.

In the 1960s and 70s Motherwell had a great number of bigots in their support - so don't give this "that is what your team is all about" crap.

The Rangers have a problem with bigotry for sure and I hope that it goes away soon. Maybe this admin/liquidation will help. I hope so

However, you are disingenuous. Your club's fans have gloried enough in ****** Blood to make you part of the problem.

Why would UEFA stop you having a church parade?. Perhaps if some of the "minority" went to a church on a Sunday they would possibly learn something.

It was the Orange Order Church Parade..they used to use the stadium but Murray stopped them and even stopped them using the car park

The same car park we let the Catholic Church use when the Pope was visiting...That is twice we have had a Pope in the vicinity of Ibrox and it just happens to coincide with the worse era of modern time and the club going into administration!!

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...gers-chop.html

The administrators could choose to axe players like Sasa Papac, David Healy, Sone Aluko and Salim Kerkar who are all out of contract in the summer.

It's also likely some ageing high earners could face the axe as the bean counters are forced to make crippling cuts.

That would leave the likes of Neil Alexander, Lee McCulloch and Kirk Broadfoot in the firing line.

These are rich comments coming from a Motherwell fan. I went to Fir Park regularly in the late 60s and early 70s and 'loyal' songs were often sung. A Motherwell fan taught me the words of The Sash.

I was also a member of an Orange Lodge in Motherwell in the late 70s and was regularly chided for supporting Rangers rather than Motherwell and for being late for lodge meetings because I'd had to come back from Ibrox. Other lodge members just had to go up the road to watch their team.

In the 1960s and 70s Motherwell had a great number of bigots in their support - so don't give this "that is what your team is all about" crap.

The Rangers have a problem with bigotry for sure and I hope that it goes away soon. Maybe this admin/liquidation will help. I hope so

However, you are disingenuous. Your club's fans have gloried enough in ****** Blood to make you part of the problem.

Well this should get an interesting response :D

Highbury_27crop___Main.jpg

I wondered about that.

Obviously the main stand at Highbury has been preserved - it became expensive flats didn't it?

I'd always thought the old QPFC brick facade at Hampden was listed too, before it got replaced by the glass BT stuff. Am I wrong about the listing or was it somehow bulldozed along with the bricks?

What about Aston Villa too? They replaced their Archibald Leitch stand fairly recently. What was the story there? I'd thought it was listed, but again, I'm maybe wrong. Has some of it been preserved? Is listing completely non-negotiable forever?

Answers anyone?

Both the main stand the stand on the other side at Highbury were listed, hence the design as shown in the picture above.

I think that looks very smart.

I think Villa took down the old main stand but built something similar behind the Holt end.

The old main stand .

villa2.jpg

The new holt end.

holte_end_villa_park_external.jpg

It was the Orange Order Church Parade..they used to use the stadium but Murray stopped them and even stopped them using the car park

The same car park we let the Catholic Church use when the Pope was visiting...That is twice we have had a Pope in the vicinity of Ibrox and it just happens to coincide with the worse era of modern time and the club going into administration!!

Fair enough. The one legacy of Murray may be that he tried to make your team non denominational, against the wishes of some but I am sure in time this will be the one positive that he may be remembered for.

Guest Kincardine

open to all my arse!

You're right. No idea about the BB now but 'back then' it was certainly Protestant and church/Sunday School attendance was counted.

I went to boys brigade as a kid as many of my school friends joined. I kept earning my group minus points every monday night as i had no idea what the hell sunday school was.

open to all my arse!

We have a Catholic family, several church of Scotland families and many non church members in our company. Like many things the BB has moved with the times but does still have a strong "Christian" background.

In Perth one of the company's is tied to the salvation army, with all the rest being attached to Church of Scotland churches.

Edited by realmadrid

I was going to say more or less this. I had absolutely no idea about religion when i started supporting the club. I cant be held responsible for the faults of the past if i am actively doing something to try and change it. Now if i sat on my hands and said nothing or joined in with the bigots then fair enough but i don't. I take every opportunity to attack the bigots within our crowd on here and have been banned from VGB and RM in the past for being too outspoken on sectarian singing

Being completely serious in amongst a lot of ribbing and slagging, should this go the full shabang and Rangers do fold completely I have a wee suggestion to put to you. You seem like a very decent sort and I genuinely think you'd get a lot out of it.

If Rangers as we know them are no more, then the club you have followed are gone, and you'll have two choices. The first would be to see what arises from the ashes, and rally behind them...hoping you get back to where you left off as quickly as possible. 5 years time, you'll probably find you're supporting one of the big two, and tossing league titles back and forth. The second? Well, that's a bit more interesting.

Why not pick another club, and give yourself 2 or 3 seasons of genuinely following them as closely as you do Rangers. For that period of time, ignore what's happening with Phoenix Rangers, don't even pay attention to what's happening in the East End. Just follow your new club for that period, get your season ticket, pick your stand and your seat. Travel to away games and just go where the ride takes you for that 2 or 3 years.

If, at the end of that time you haven't liked it, then by all means go back to following Phoenix Rangers. All that will have happened is you'll have missed out all the pissing about in the lower leagues, the ineligibility for Europe, and there won't have been any Old Firm games for you to miss. It will be like it hadn't happened. That's not what will happen though.

Whether you pick the relative locality of St Mirren, a little bit further to Rugby Park...travelling across the city to my own club Motherwell, or hell if you're attached to the size of a city club then go for Hearts or Hibs, I guarantee you will have the time of your life. You'll have a feeling of being part of something that has an intimacy to it beyond anything you thought possible. You'll experience emotions that you didn't even realise you had. You'll make friends that are closer than anyone you've met at Ibrox, purely because you are now going through the same things they are...as they are to you, and if you think you've experienced that already with Rangers then you're in for a bit of a surprise. Do it properly...give it your all and I guarantee you...guarantee....you'll never be back at Ibrox as a home supporter again. There's nothing, absolutely nothing...that can match the true emotion of following a smaller club. Old Firm fans think we're diddies because we follow clubs who can't win? You'll learn that the very reason your bond with your club is so much stronger than an Old Firm fan could ever experience is because you can't win. Take the pursuit of titles away, and all your left with is your bond to the club. It will blow your mind what that can feel like. The irony is that Rangers and Celtic make it to Hampden more than every other club combined, and their fans are the only ones that have no idea what it feels like to get there, and never will. That last statement won't even make sense unless you support a club out-with the big two.

Seriously mate, consider giving it a try. If Rangers as we know it are gone anyway, then you've nothing to lose and everything to gain. You think you love football..you think you love your club? You might just find out what that really feels like.....

Edited by Al B

Guest Kincardine

Fair enough. The one legacy of Murray may be that he tried to make your team non denominational, against the wishes of some but I am sure in time this will be the one positive that he may be remembered for.

Are you Murray's PR? The real hero is David Holmes. He was chairman before Murray and signed Souness as player/manager.

We have a Catholic family, several church of Scotland families and many non church members in our company. Like many things the BB has moved with the times but does still have a strong "Christian" background.

In Perth one of the company's is tied to the salvation army, with all the rest being attached to Church of Scotland churches.

In fairness to 'Realmadrid' my daughter is a memeber of the Girls Brigade (explorers) and she is a Roman Catholic. I actually don't even think it was mentioned at all when she joined

In fairness to 'Realmadrid' my daughter is a memeber of the Girls Brigade (explorers) and she is a Roman Catholic. I actually don't even think it was mentioned at all when she joined

I was a member of the BB when i was younger, just because it was a good way to do things with my mates at the time, I went to an RC school and not once did the question ever came up. I wasnt even aware it was an issue with them until later in life!

That was about 10 years ago

Agree with Al B above. It must be dreadful when you're expected to win the only things you can possibly hope for. It can surely never compare to the joy of say a Killie fan watching their side winning the Scottish Cup and seeing their high st packed around an open top bus. Not a chance.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Chump. Lied week in, week out about my attendance. If the leaders weren't going to church, I certainly wasn't getting out of bed to bother God on a Sunday morning. Boys probably got a mingin hangover.

Why not pick another club, and give yourself 2 or 3 seasons of genuinely following them as closely as you do Rangers. For that period of time, ignore what's happening with Phoenix Rangers, don't even pay attention to what's happening in the East End. Just follow your new club for that period, get your season ticket, pick your stand and your seat. Travel to away games and just go where the ride takes you for that 2 or 3 years.

I dont think it's as easy as that. Dont get me wrong i know the point you are trying to make, but doesnt matter what team you support, i dont believe you could really put your heart into supporting another club.

If Celtic went under tomorrow (i know you'd all love) i'd still go and watch football around Glasgow, teams like Partick Thistle, Queen's Park and some junior teams. i've done it in the past, wouldnt bother me doing it again in the future. but i'd could never really support them.