Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Possibly won't relate to this current situation, but what was the reason for Hamilton getting a massive points deduction a few years back - something to do with not paying their players? :huh:

Only indirectly.

They failed to pay wages and their players temporarily went on strike, meaning they failed to fulfil a game (v Stenny IIRC).

They were deducted a barrowload of points.

I've read through a bit and there seems to be some negativity here. I think we should just stick the things we know we know or think we know

• Rangers FC are out of Europe next season (is this a world record amount of times in one season)
  • there is a fair chance they'll not be in the top two
  • they have no game for ages it's Scotttish Cup weekend
  • the entire club, support and media friends are apopleptic - I mean some of them are pased the usual daftness and way beyond hope.

Why don't we just chill out for wee while, enjoy it and worry tomorrow?

fat sally says he can't support redundicies especially for non playing staff, he was overheard saying to a busily fluffing chick young

"It will be a dark day for rangers if we lose the head chef, there will be no more succulent lamb only spam fritters and alphabet spagetti it could spell disaster"

The thing is, people like Regan and Doncaster absolutely shouldn't be saying that.

They shuold be saying "We are confident in the product we have and individual entities making up the league will come and go, though we will promote the brand in the same way".

By playing up the "disaster" of losing Rangers, what are new sponsors to think if that does happen and they have to go seeking investment

Couldn't agree more.

You wouldn't have caught Jim Farry using Twitter.....

They were deducted a barrowload of points.

Was it fifteen points?

the only thing I remember was that the commitee who decided the amount contained a chairman of a rival club.

The amount deducted was the exact amount needed to keep his club in the league.

fat sally says he can't support redundicies especially for non playing staff, he was overheard saying to a busily fluffing chick young

"It will be a dark day for rangers if we lose the head chef, there will be no more succulent lamb only spam fritters and alphabet spagetti it could spell disaster"

Or if on Kirk Broadwoods plate,surely dizastur !

I've read through a bit and there seems to be some negativity here. I think we should just stick the things we know we know or think we know

• Rangers FC are out of Europe next season (is this a world record amount of times in one season)
  • there is a fair chance they'll not be in the top two
  • they have no game for ages it's Scotttish Cup weekend
  • the entire club, support and media friends are apopleptic - I mean some of them are pased the usual daftness and way beyond hope.

Why don't we just chill out for wee while, enjoy it and worry tomorrow?

We're probably still worrying because many of us have had a lifetime of the Old Firm clubs getting special treatment in so many ways, and there's still a sinking feeling deep in our stomachs that it will happen again.

I don't think it will this time. This is just way too big and too messy to be swept under the carpet. Yeah, I know... Vodafone, other big companies, seemingly getting away with all sorts...

Whyte and Haudit & Daudit are on the road to liquidation. It's clear as day. What happens after that is anyone's guess, which is where supporters of every other club in Scotland need to make their voices heard. What shape that voice takes? I don't know, but this is too big to just shrug our shoulders and accept any attempt by Doncaster and Regan to shaft the whole damn lot of us.... if that indeed is what they try to do!

Was it fifteen points?

the only thing I remember was that the commitee who decided the amount contained a chairman of a rival club.

The amount deducted was the exact amount needed to keep his club in the league.

It was during the season the punishment was applied. It was in effect a punishment designed to put them at risk of relegation, while giving them the opportunity to avoid it on-the-field. After match-fixing and other forms of conscious illegality, there are few more heinous footballing offences than scratching.

Couldn't agree more.

You wouldn't have caught Jim Farry using Twitter.....

It's sad that in the last year or so Jim Farry, Ernie Walker and David Will all passed away. With David Taylor unable to make much comment, due to still working at UEFA, there's not much by way of scrutiny - through public comment - from respected former high-ranking officials.

Hadn't realise David Will was dead... he can't have been much of an age?

Died after a battle with cancer a couple of years ago, hence the Cancer Research UK shirt sponsors for Brechin. He was 72. :(

SSN have a 'breaking news' tickertape.... steady lads, here it comes....

'Administrators set to meet with players tomorrow'

FFS. Hold the front page!

To finally tell them they are getting binned, no excuses this time.

EDIT: I hope

Edited by Enrico Annoni

The thing is, people like Regan and Doncaster absolutely shouldn't be saying that.

They shuold be saying "We are confident in the product we have and individual entities making up the league will come and go, though we will promote the brand in the same way".

By playing up the "disaster" of losing Rangers, what are new sponsors to think if that does happen and they have to go seeking investment.

Absolutely correct. It just goes to show how terrible he is at his job. Utter moron.

To finally tell them they are getting binned, no excuses this time.

Bet they don't. Bet hours and hours go by. SSN reporter camped (again) outside Minty Moonbeams Park all day comes on every 30 minutes to say 'talks are ongoing, players arrived this morning, Ally McCoist arrived a short time ago... Kyle Bartley left without speaking to the assembled media, but he returned later with ten Happy Meals and a box of chicken nuggets...'

Liquidation will happen and the whole lot of them will probably still be talking... Haudit & Daudit in association with Super Ally will end up having made no cost-cutting measures. Liquidation will superscede the whole administration sham.

Things seem to get worse and worse and until the full messy picture of total debts is realised i cant see how anything can be decided. These hidden debts to Whytes companies reek of self interest, and making sure he made a pretty penny out of taking Rangers through liquidation.

Surely they are stalling for the OF game which will at least create some sort of funds short term. However if Strathclyde police are a due monies i cant see them let it go ahead without full payment upfront, and having Celtic in Govan will require extra policing as it is a potential boiling pot of a game for off field reasons.