Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If Rangers cannot fufill their fixtures including 2 OF games then Sky could invoke whathever clause they have in the agreement and reduce the amount they pay for the tv deal this season. If they can do this, the reduction is likely to be significant. Given the precarious position of a number of SPL clubs any signifcant reduction to their cash flow which they will have budgeted for could well spell disaster.

Tough tittie!

Edit: what clause is this? Do you have any knowledge of such a thing?

Edited by Drooper

Regan on Rangers "Disaster"

Apart from the obvious, the thing that caught my eye was ""

Surely the fit and proper person criteria should be met BEFORE someone buys a club?

I think Regan was actually quoted saying something along the lines of we can't expect them to check everyone. I'll look for the exact quote.

They seem to have taken a "Ach, i'm sure he's fine" line of thinking with this after Whyte repeatedly refused to provide the information they asked for.

It's laughable really. And it's not as if there weren't people telling the world that all was not right with the deal. Admittedly, they all got promptly sacked, but nonetheless they did say. And surely it's impossible to pass a retrospective fit and proper persons test, otherwise there would be no need for one?

Although I sadly don't see it happening, what would actually happen if Rangers didn't fulfil their fixtures? Are their previous games classed as null and void? Can we pretend they didn't thump us1-4 two weeks ago? :unsure:

Although I sadly don't see it happening, what would actually happen if Rangers didn't fulfil their fixtures? Are their previous games classed as null and void? Can we pretend they didn't thump us1-4 two weeks ago? :unsure:

They get demoted to 0 points, since they have a -10 penalty it would actually be minus ten.

I think Regan was actually quoted saying something along the lines of we can't expect them to check everyone. I'll look for the exact quote.

He said in the Tuesday night debate that they can't be expected to check every time there's a change of director..:wacko:

St Mirren's chairman said 'we need a strong Rangers and Celtic' on SSN, just about all the talking heads, Traynor, Doncaster, Regan, Levein, Wee Chick, Salmond, Cameron... they're all saying the same things 'we need Rangers... sympathy for Rangers... It's a disaster...'

Those of us who don't agree it's a disaster or have any sympathy whatsoever for Rangers get annoyed when we see these comments, and wonder why no-one is speaking up to say something like 'well, of course we have sympathy for people losing their jobs, but the problems at Rangers are entirely of their own making and are of a serious nature...' something along those lines. Still a soundbite, but something which at least recognises the reason Rangers are up to their necks in shite.

Just wait... soundbites mean nothing. Until the shit has finally stopped hitting the fan and we know what state Rangers are in, it will be very difficult for anyone to keep trotting out the 'we need Rangers' line if they become so toxic and mired in debt that they are liquidated and then try to make it all simply disappear by popping up as Newco Rangers.

That's what we think will happen - the cheating cnuts will manage to get out of this fresh and clean. The longer this goes on, the less likely that becomes. Doncaster and Regan's heads must be spinning. I genuinely think they are in a daze, and must be sticking their fingers in their ears going 'please make this a dream, please wake me up to find it's only a bad dream...pleasseeee'.

Time to start earning your wages... there's a big problem. Work the problem, face it head on without favour because they are bigger than other clubs.

He said in the Tuesday night debate that they can't be expected to check every time there's a change of director..:wacko:

Ha! Yeah, the whole Whyte takeover was under the radar and not widely known about, I suppose :lol:

Just to add a sense of perspective to all the official hand wringing(and shaking) I was flicking through the channels the other night and came across a story on Chanell 5 about some poor bugger who got caught playing golf whilst gettting DLA, he got four months as a guest of Her Majesty and has got to repay £12,000, fair enough you might say.

And, heres this mob fiddled God knows how much, yet the powers that be are falling over themselves to help them and to make excuses for them.

I've got to say the whole saga is now getting totally delusional with Blue Knights riding to the rescue(presumably on white horses), as usual no mention is made of the fact that this team and its supporters represent the very worst in Scottish society let alone footbal.

Its really starting to read like a rather poor imitation of a Kafka novel1

That makes it sound like a revolving door system!

St Mirren's chairman said 'we need a strong Rangers and Celtic' on SSN, just about all the talking heads, Traynor, Doncaster, Regan, Levein, Wee Chick, Salmond, Cameron... they're all saying the same things 'we need Rangers... sympathy for Rangers... It's a disaster...'

Those of us who don't agree it's a disaster or have any sympathy whatsoever for Rangers get annoyed when we see these comments, and wonder why no-one is speaking up to say something like 'well, of course we have sympathy for people losing their jobs, but the problems at Rangers are entirely of their own making and are of a serious nature...' something along those lines. Still a soundbite, but something which at least recognises the reason Rangers are up to their necks in shite.

Just wait... soundbites mean nothing. Until the shit has finally stopped hitting the fan and we know what state Rangers are in, it will be very difficult for anyone to keep trotting out the 'we need Rangers' line if they become so toxic and mired in debt that they are liquidated and then try to make it all simply disappear by popping up as Newco Rangers.

That's what we think will happen - the cheating cnuts will manage to get out of this fresh and clean. The longer this goes on, the less likely that becomes. Doncaster and Regan's heads must be spinning. I genuinely think they are in a daze, and must be sticking their fingers in their ears going 'please make this a dream, please wake me up to find it's only a bad dream...pleasseeee'.

Time to start earning your wages... there's a big problem. Work the problem, face it head on without favour because they are bigger than other clubs.

That's all well and good, but I for one am willing to bet that the Scottish fitba' family will find a way to let them back in, wearing whatever new guise they care to assume. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong but I'm a cynical old b*****d.

There are weeks if not months of this to go...

http://news.stv.tv/s...ep-club-afloat/

The counsel for administrators Duff and Phelps told the court that the case over the disputed £3.6m needs to be concluded by the start of the next SPL season or the club face liquidation.

Merchant Turnaround, of which Mr Whyte is the company secretary, are claiming for £1m of the money, while HMRC are claiming they are owed £2.8m of it and Jerome Pension Fund have put forward a claim for £2.95m.

Ticketus, which bought four years' future Ibrox season ticket sales in a £24m deal Mr Whyte used to fund his takeover of the club, has not not quantified its claim yet.

Duff and Phelps are believed to be claiming for the full £3.6m seized from the account of Collyer Bristow, the lawyers who brokered Mr Whyte's takeover last May.

LOL - There's £3.6 Mill and between they want £10.35Mill + whatever Ticketus claim.

The mess just grows and gorws

Even more interesting if Collyer Bristow lose the "dodgy investment" case against them and go bust for the 50million likely to be awarded. Also

Whyte’s lawyer, Gary Withey, left Collyer Bristow this week citing "family and personal reasons".

Its only a disaster if your club relys on TV income, ticket income from Rangers fans, sponsors etc - so basically its the SPL thats fecked.

I dont see how it would be a disaster for Montrose, Cowdenbeath or Partick etc. These are clubs that now have to live within their means and if the trickle down of money from the SPL etc fades then they'll be far better positioned to deal with it than say Hearts or Aberdeen.

There would obviously be some impact on SFL clubs... SPL might have to reduce or default on part of the Annual Settlement; SPL clubs might stop buying lower-leaguer youths for as much money; League Cup might struggle for a good sponsor; etc. ... but of course, it'd affect SPL clubs most.

Wonder if this could happen. Rangers say they're unable to complete fixtures. Finish on -10 points. They lay off nearly all players and staff. Negotiate a CVA and come out of Administration with new owners. Demoted for football reasons to Div1, ie less points than anyone else. Assemble a youth squad and a) Play in Div 1 next season or b)The SFL has the power to demote them to Div 3 or deduct 25+ points because they've just come out of administration, despite the fact it occured in the SPL..

Worth remembering SFL didn't, officially-speaking, drop Gretna or Livingston to SFL3 just for being in administration.

Could still happen in your scenario - I'm just saying.

That's a fair point.

But surely they should at least have a look when it is a change in majority shareholder and chairman?

Exactly. Although, unfortunately, passing such rules relies on clubs themselves wanting to give their governing body robuster powers. To date, the clubs evidently haven't.

EDIT: Or if they have, but SFA hasn't bothered, "why not" clearly must be questioned.

Edited by HibeeJibee