Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Not leaving for Raith games then?

Dumped the Rovers as they are currently struggling - No 8 Glory Hunter in the extreme, poor show old bean.

:rolleyes:

Yeh because following a junior club, a struggling junior club at that, is really glory hunting

Surely Edu's summer transfer value would exceed the wages he is due between now and the summer, thus making him worth keeping. Even if someone bid half of what Sochaux did.

If you're getting rid of folk, it should be guys who are out of contract in the summer or have no transfer value.

Healy, Papac, Alexander, Kerkar, McCulloch, Little, Bedoya (is he still there?), Aluko, plus a bunch of youth teamers and anyone out on loan.

That is what would happen in normal circumstances. Rangers' administrators don't appear to be working in that way though.

You would assume that that had to happen as a starter. The issue here is that if they need to save 1 million a month merely to keep the business going, cutting high earners needs to be done. And it's probably been made clear by everyone (ie, administrators, McCoist, "potential buyers" :lol: ) that keeping the best players is what they want.

As if it mattered. From what we know and/or is speculated about Rangers situation, cuts are only prolonging the inevitable.

Origin of 'The Big Hoose'

I know the first guy interviewed in that clip.. Not exactly somebody i would describe as a Good Rangers man..In fact i cant remember the last time he was inside Ibrox!! :rolleyes:

Just to add a sense of perspective to all the official hand wringing(and shaking) I was flicking through the channels the other night and came across a story on Chanell 5 about some poor bugger who got caught playing golf whilst gettting DLA, he got four months as a guest of Her Majesty and has got to repay £12,000, fair enough you might say.

And, heres this mob fiddled God knows how much, yet the powers that be are falling over themselves to help them and to make excuses for them.

I've got to say the whole saga is now getting totally delusional with Blue Knights riding to the rescue(presumably on white horses), as usual no mention is made of the fact that this team and its supporters represent the very worst in Scottish society let alone footbal.

Its really starting to read like a rather poor imitation of a Kafka novel1

Careful - some people could misread that as "kafflick".

Let's just say if Aluko gets the punt any time soon I will be loving it. If he signed a 2 year deal at Aberdeen he would have been guaranteed wages and £200,000 richer! :rolleyes::lol:

He'll get a club in the Championship/League One no bother due to the exposure he got playing for Rangers and doing well for them. His signing on fee won't be far off 200k and he'll be on higher wages than he was at a diddy SPL club in Aberdeen. :lol: indeed.

Chick "fud Young"

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland/17295379

Apologies if this has been posted,difficult to keep up

Chick's summing up:

They will simply evaporate from our sport and, with them, the television companies who see that, without Old Firm matches, the Scottish game is about as showbiz as The Sky at Night.

Spoken like a true St Mirren man rolleyes.gif

Do we know what the SPL and SFA will do if Rangers do fold? - No.

Do we know if a Rangers Newco will quickly arise? - No.

Do we know what Sky TV will do should Rangers fold? - No.

Do we know anything other than Russell and Smith left, Wylde and Celik left, and Cousin didn't arrive? - No.

So why is Chick clarting in his nappy and predicting the end of the world?

Chick's summing up:

Spoken like a true St Mirren man rolleyes.gif

He has got a point the tv companies are only interested in the OF matches.

I wonder how many journos are now filling their pants at the thought of losing Rangers.

Their free ride on the Scottish Football gravy train will be coming to an end. The c***s should be sent to do a match report on Peterhead v Elgin, make them earn their money.

I seen The Sky at Night a few days ago and poor old Patrick looks in terrible nick :(

He'll still outlive Rangers though.

He looks like a marshmallow with a monacle stuck on it.

So why is Chick clarting in his nappy and predicting the end of the world?

Because him and plenty of other professional Rangers sooks know that they don't have the knowledge of other Scottish clubs to make a living if Rangers disappeared.....

Richard Gordon: So Chick, any team news on the St Johnstone vs Kilmarnock game

Chick: Who?

I wonder how many journos are now filling their pants at the thought of losing Rangers.

Jim Spence for one. If Rangers fold and Dunfermline are saved, the lazy cnut will be forced to start recognising their players, because he can't make out the names and numbers on their kit.

So we've gone from "Deadline for bids is 16th March" skipped neatly through "we need to have bids in the next 48 hours" and today arrive at "We are continuing to meet prospective purchasers over the next few days."

They're obviously enjoying the lunches provided by "...suppliers who have certainly gone the extra mile" far too much to deal with the massive hemorrhaging of cash.

I've just had a quick look at previous administrations to see how quickly redundancies were made.

Dundee's second administration was lightning quick, sacking 9 players as well as the manager and his assistant on day one.

Motherwell made 19 players redundant in 2002, within a week of going into administration.

Gretna lasted just almost a fortnight, thanks to SPL payments, before they had to make 9 senior players redundant as well as a lot of coaching staff. (They then lasted about another 6 weeks before making the other 40+ staff redundant and shutting the gates)

When Livi went into administration in 2009, non-playing staff were made redundant almost immediately. I'm not sure how soon after that players, if any, were made redundant. They only articles I can track down at the moment say that there was an SFL meeting due and that decisions on playing redundancies would be made after that, but I can't find anything that says one way or another.

I don't know if anyone has any information on the first administrations of Livi and Dundee, or indeed Morton's, and how quickly redundancies were made. I'd also like to see if there's a correlation between the swiftness/severity of redundancies and the success of the club coming out of the process.