Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

i dont think such a supposition to be based on prejudice. its probably just based on years of experience from living in scottish society whereby any celtic fan one comes across is concerned with two results. their own, and rangers result.

i would be interested to see how celtic would go about conducting themselves in a post rangers age. I know lawell says that they make their financial projections without having the gers in the mix, but i think that was just a piece of populist rhetoric to keep celtic peeps happy, but surely fans interest will take a significant knock when the worlds greatest rivarly no longer exists. IF that be the case, id be interested to know how much of celitcs overheads are based on the standard old firm formula, ie how much of their squad is on long contracts? How much does it cost to run the entirety of the plcs costs? What level would the fanbase need to drop before it becomes problematic to sustain their ongoing costs??

you've got to hand it to celtics exempler marketing department over the years. ie. where can have the same expereinces as a small team supporter whereby they are a perennial underdog in an unfair system but without that actually having to be the case, and thus the good guy winning from time to time. somewhat akin to listening to pink and thinking you are a rebel for it...

Actually, it is. Without us and our fellow diddy clubs you have no league to play in.

We don't need you,its you who needs us.

they gave you players

they gave you money for their u21/reserve team to use your pitch.

KIRK BROADFOOT

you absolutely need rangers.

yes you say that sort of rubbish a lot.

it's still bullshit

you let your prejudices and stupidity get in the way of making comment open to anything but mockery.

It's true though. Celtic fans will grow bored of having no rivals to spew bigoted bile at and the club will slowly die. If Rangers go out of business it's when, not if Celtic follow.

Edited by Jimmy85

you've got to hand it to celtics exempler marketing department over the years. ie. where can have the same expereinces as a small team supporter whereby they are a perennial underdog in an unfair system but without that actually having to be the case, and thus the good guy winning from time to time. somewhat akin to listening to pink and thinking you are a rebel for it...

nothing wrong with winning

nothing wrong with being an underdog (as they are the peeepul)

and it's good to be a good guy

the pink bit though, surely only 12 year olds think being a fan makes you a rebel?

does anybody else find the whole celtic fan trying to cuddle up with the diddy team fan as cringeworthy?

wtf are you talking about.

the closest you'll get to a cuddle from this Celtic fan is a kick to your 16 year old pebbles.

wtf are you talking about.

the closest you'll get to a cuddle from this Celtic fan is a kick to your 16 year old pebbles.

thats the general tone that seems to come accross from posts by many celtic fans on here in the context of rangers going tits up. your day will come.

thats the general tone that seems to come accross from posts by many celtic fans on here in the context of rangers going tits up. your day will come.

no, that is the tone when responding to an obnoxious boy like you.

you came on in attack mode, maybe protecting the captain who deserves his ear bashing for his constant Hugh Keevins style of shite masquerading as facts (look at his older posts).

they gave you players

they gave you money for their u21/reserve team to use your pitch.

KIRK BROADFOOT

you absolutely need rangers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Explain the soft deals Celtic gave us for McGowan and Carey?

What about the loans of Carey McGowan And Scott Cuthbert?

Hearts fans would claim we absolutely need Celtic as they greet over 1986.

There's no homage paid by St Mirren to either side of the old firm. Business is Business as far as trading players goes.

Neither old firm side sell out even our ground and both fixtures see a drop in home attendences. Our supporters aren't bothered about seeing the old firm.

So do you have a credible argument? I think not.

It's not always youth players though. I think the deal, generally, is that players are 'signed' for the duration and can only be transferred during the transfer windows.

From Celtic, the likes of Darren O'Dea, Morten Rasmussen, Efrain Juarez, Paddy McCourt etc, i.e. a decent number of internationals, would have been in the B team.

At the risk of sound a bit condescending (or rather: a pompous arse) - a team with those types of players with a glass ceiling of say two or three levels below the first team would enhance the league they play in. It'd certainly be a 'curiosity' for many fans.

I'd go for a ceiling of 3 below the first team and then open the league pyramid right up, so that even teams playing on a public park tomorrow morning had a very direct route to the SPL. The whole mindset of protectionism is what prevents this though: fans don't want their teams marginalised by essentially a bigger and better (cast-offs?) team, and equally don't want competition from those currently standing on the outside looking in - comfortable stagnation is much the preferred existence.

would you be happy if, instead of Celtic qualifying for the Champions League, they qualified for a new cup where Celtic were placed in a group with teams of their own level, say teams from Switzerland, Norway & Poland, along with the reserve sides of Barca, AC Milan & Man Utd? This would allow the big sides get their younger players used to european football & Celtic being able to play games against these world famous teams more often would undoubtedly draw the fans, even if it's just 19s & a few 1st teamers coming back from injury it's still the world famous Bayern Munich & would draw a decent crowd, Celtic would get a bit of money in for these games and do away with the meaningless bits of the proper Champions League where it's just diddy teams knocking each other out.

This is actually quite a good point

'@TonyMcKelvie: Just to be clear, and ignoring for a moment any ethical or regulatory issues, if SPL 10 vote in Newco, the SPL becomes unbankable overnight.'

Yup and no banks would allow any club to hold debt, top of my head stuff, but both Killie and Dunfermline would turn red on bankers screens for fear of both if them doing the newco route.

@pollymac

I'd be interested to heart the thoughts of supporters in the third and second. Speaking personally, I'd have zero interest in buying a season ticket for say Dumbarton if they were up against spl b teams. And my curiosity about watching the likes of Darren O Dea getting some match practice for Sellics big team would be fleeting at best.

At best I think its insulting to lower league fans, at worst I'd say its destroys any competitive integrity the lower divisions had. Although I'm with you on the pyramid side of things.

Edit to add:

Gutted to see that Rangers media aren't part of the blue knight rescue consortium. They could bring their out of the box thinking.

Edited by FrugalNory