Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Considering this thread is on the cusp of having run 300 pages, with the majority of content based on rumour, supposition, and hope, what I'm about to say may appear remarkable... but this is quite possibly the biggest load of tosh we've seen in the entire thread thusfar. Certainly measured in tosh-per-word terms.

I salute you for that notable achievement.

Aw, shucks :king

B teams are a shite idea. Why would the lower reaches supporters turn up to watch our youth players have a kick about with their first team? Bloody sure I wouldn't. Spain can keep it.

This. In Scotland the idea of B or Colt teams in the national eschelons should be tantamount to an abomination. SFA has a proposal to replace the U19 League with an U20 League, where 4/5 over-agers can be fielded, also involving a few SFL sides. That'd be positive. There's no £££ to restablish the Reserve League.

This is actually quite a good point

'@TonyMcKelvie: Just to be clear, and ignoring for a moment any ethical or regulatory issues, if SPL 10 vote in Newco, the SPL becomes unbankable overnight.'

Yup and no banks would allow any club to hold debt, top of my head stuff, but both Killie and Dunfermline would turn red on bankers screens for fear of both if them doing the newco route.

To play devil's advocate here for a second... the above scenario doesn't occur if the rules are tightened after Newco Rangers get in. It could be dressed-up as "a terrible thing was enabled as the rules had all these loopholes. Now we've closed all these loopholes to ensure integrity".

Edited by HibeeJibee

This. In Scotland the idea of B or Colt teams in the national eschelons should be tantamount to an abomination. SFA has a proposal to replace the U19 League with an U20 League, where 4/5 over-agers can be fielded, also involving a few SFL sides. That'd be positive. There's no £££ to restablish the Reserve League.

but...but...but...shirley all they have to do is "bite the bullet", "short term pain for long term gain" and all that, especially with a 20 team league, no Sky TV and at £10 to get in the people will come and there'll soon be so much money in the Scottish game a reserve league will be easy to fund dry.gif

What additional costs to a clubs current expenditure would be involved in restarting a reserve league HJ?

Squad sizes and travel costs.

Back in 2009 the smaller clubs (and some bigger ones e.g. Aberdeen) wanted to cut their squad sizes so they didn't have to support weekly games in SPL, SPL Reserves and SPL U19s. They voted to make the Reserve League optional. Then only a few clubs - 4 or 5 I think (inc. OF, Hearts, Hibs) - wanted to opt-in, so it had to be dropped entirely.

They'd need more players. Motherwell would, certainly.

Squad sizes and travel costs.

Back in 2009 the smaller clubs (and some bigger ones e.g. Aberdeen) wanted to cut their squad sizes so they didn't have to support weekly games in SPL, SPL Reserves and SPL U19s. They voted to make the Reserve League optional. Then only a few clubs - 4 or 5 I think (inc. OF, Hearts, Hibs) - wanted to opt-in, so it had to be dropped entirely.

I see nothing wrong in using first team squad players and older youth players together in a second team. They're obviously already on the books so no additional cost there.

Clubs are playing bounce games most weeks anyway so I don't see any big additional travel cost either.

I really just think the only think holding back introducing public games for second teams is the will to do it.

I see nothing wrong in using first team squad players and older youth players together in a second team. They're obviously already on the books so no additional cost there.

Clubs are playing bounce games most weeks anyway so I don't see any big additional travel cost either.

I really just think the only think holding back introducing public games for second teams is the will to do it.

I simply stated the factual situation as it stands. Most clubs felt they didn't have big enough squads and didn't want the costs of travel and running larger squads. SFA have recognised they can't get a stand-alone Reserve League back, hence U20s proposal.

Surely the way to introduce reserves is to combine all the organisations that want to enter ie SPL, SFL, HFL, EoSL, even the juniors if they like and have regionalsed leagues.

SFL clubs have their own Reserve League Cup, technically it's independent under "Scottish Reserve Football League".

Those few SPL clubs wanting Reserves haven't joined, though, IIRC due to quality concerns and the fact games are on Monday evenings (since part-time clubs).

Edited by HibeeJibee

Considering this thread is on the cusp of having run 300 pages, with the majority of content based on rumour, supposition, and hope, what I'm about to say may appear remarkable... but this is quite possibly the biggest load of tosh we've seen in the entire thread thusfar. Certainly measured in tosh-per-word terms.

I salute you for that notable achievement.

Aw come on HJ. Hiding your light under a bushel here. laugh.gif From someone who has penned 23,606 posts over 5 years, you must have created a few you look back on with some embarrassment. Especially the yawn inducing ones that started 'these are the facts'.

Own up. Point us at the 'Worst of HibeeJibee'. unsure.gif

but...but...but...shirley all they have to do is "bite the bullet"

Well the obvious answer to both unused players and financial problems is to err, not sign so many squad players in the first place. Why is this perfectly obvious solution beyond the pale for a selected handful of Scottish clubs with ideas above their station?

Edited by vikingTON

When will the SFA do the fit and proper person test on this outfit of Murray, Ticketus and The Alliance of Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves?

Think that is already in action. After the Scottish Government having someone placed within the SFA at Hampden for a couple of years to promote 'Citizenship through football' that person was then withdrawn back to Victoria Quay. But they obviously learned in detail what was going on there.

However they have just signed a contract with external consultants to tie down how Scottish football should be run and administered. This obviously took some time to put in place but was driven by the Rangers debacle looming from the time Lloyds moved in, but also what is going on in a number of other clubs.

The contract will have at least 1 lawyer and 1 forensic accountant who both know the game pretty well. Haven't been told what the outcomes will be, but suspect will be to tell the SFA exactly what they should be doing, which they can ignore at their peril.

Iirc united's debt now stands at 4million with 1 million of that being an overdraft facility with the bank. our debt has been reduced with the sale of goodie and looks very likely to be reduced again with the sales of gms and russell on the horizon.

So in summary Dundee Utd don't need the old firm?

May I add that no old firm would probably make Dundee Utd a far better team in this country, potential champions.

From the Glasgow Herald

The alternative to that is that [the SFA] would have to employ a cast of thousands to research every potential takeover, every potential change of director, across the entire game. We don't have the resources or time to actually do that. We rely heavily on the clubs themselves.

So the SFA can't do the fit and proper person test before a takeover yet they can now turn around within a couple of weeks and make a firm conclusion? They are a waste of space.

So the SFA can't do the fit and proper person test before a takeover yet they can now turn around within a couple of weeks and make a firm conclusion? They are a waste of space.

It seems to me the SFA just wait on someone to prove themselves as a non fit and proper person and then they jump in and confirm what we all know. Awesome stuff again from the SFA.

Well the obvious answer to both unused players and financial problems is to err, not sign so many squad players in the first place. Why is this perfectly obvious solution beyond the pale for a selected handful of Scottish clubs with ideas above their station?

Maybe I've missed something but that was exactly the point? Most SPL clubs had reduced their squads sufficiently far, to save money, that they lacked enough squad players to run a formal Reserve League.

Maybe I've missed something but that was exactly the point? Most SPL clubs had reduced their squads sufficiently far, to save money, that they lacked enough squad players to run a formal Reserve League.

A handful of SPL clubs still want B sides, in order to give unused duds match fitness. Clearly they haven't cut back on their squad to an acceptable extent.