Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Well for starters, 6500 at inverness v rangers with 3500 travelling support , do the maths, Idiot !

OK. If the game had been against Aberdeen for instance, they would have taken around 2000 fans (Maybe more). The game was on TV. If it hadn't been maybe up to another 1000 home fans may have been at the game. Add the stay away home fans who do not want their ears and their children's ears assaulted by the mindless sh*te that is spewed from the mouths of the Ocs and there is not a lot of difference. Now go away and ask the nice nurse to switch the PC off.

Heres another idea, more realistic. Rangers fans stop attending all away games. Stop supporting the 10 paracites in the league... Or lets drop to lower league for a season letting the SPL go tits up.

Or better yet, why don't you just pay your taxes?

Easy, we would drop to the 1st division, personally I think this would be advantagous so cloth could be cut, falikirk didnt have a great attendance yesterday either, celtic and rangers money is key, all spl attendances are stated on the web, any chairman who says they dont need this has a problem. Take away the travelling support from the big 2 and there would be no money in the game.

If rangers got put out the league, celtic would win... Its quite simple as no other team has challenged the league for 26 years and I would imagine it will be another 10+ before anyone does. If you still dont understand I,ll get all the attendance facts and publish for rangers and celtic away attendances when theres nowt on the tv

Easy, we would drop to the 1st division, personally I think this would be advantagous so cloth could be cut, falikirk didnt have a great attendance yesterday either, celtic and rangers money is key, all spl attendances are stated on the web, any chairman who says they dont need this has a problem. Take away the travelling support from the big 2 and there would be no money in the game.

If rangers got put out the league, celtic would win... Its quite simple as no other team has challenged the league for 26 years and I would imagine it will be another 10+ before anyone does. If you still dont understand I,ll get all the attendance facts and publish for rangers and celtic away attendances when theres nowt on the tv

Or perhaps the fact that the SPL isnt decided by cheats anymore, that fans who avoid the Old Firm games (take a look at Hbs who give free tickets to home support during these games) might show up more and the clubs wont miss you at all.

Well for starters, 6500 at inverness v rangers with 3500 travelling support , do the maths, Idiot !

The attendance was 6,416 and our South Stand that held the Rangers fans only holds up to 2,200. The loss of Rangers would be offset by the promotion of Ross County next season, where both home in Inverness and away matches up in Dingwall will be easily sold out. The other fact maybe you don't know is that Inverness CT don't include TV money in their budget for a season, this is regarded as a bonus or extra money into the club. So although if Rangers went out of business, we would not be affected as much as other clubs in the SPL.

Try doing some research before spouting pish.;)

Are we forgetting Hearts 2005-2006?

You seem to have completely misunderstood my point. These clubs don't need you, you are handy to have around when they need to pay a bill or 2 (do you remember when Rangers used to do that?)

If Rangers weren't here we would all still be. If you were kicked out of the SPL for cheating, where would you go, please don't tell me you think you could just go to the 1st division? you do realise it's not like signing up for a course at college?

A simple question for you. Do Inverness need Rangers?

Edited by Gaz FFC

why the f**k would Rangers be let into SFL1?

If the SPL boot them as punishment (will still be amazed if this actually happens) then New Rangers would have to take their chances in applying for the vacant slot in SFL3.

Places in leagues aren't decided by attendance levels. Let see how many "vanguard bears" turn up for a midweek match at Shielfield on a pissing wet early March evening.

If Rangers are shown to have been guilty of the various offences they have been accused of, both in a footballing and non-footballing sense, then they are very unlikely to have a say in where they are going to end up. That's like a guy knowing he's going down for a serious offence but demanding to have an input into which jail he is sent to.

Bo is having a breakdown on here tonight.

A prime example of an Old Firm fan who doesnt actually pay attention the whole picture of Scottish football and only follows them cos Davie doon the park does and shares his buckfast.

This away fan thing - doing some very crude numbers here but I figure that at best the old firm games add up to 2000 extra people on away games.

At £20 a head that is £40,000 a game. If you end up bottom 6, that is 3 games a season or 120,000 in a season.

That is £2k a week per season.

That is one less player in your squad.

Obviously there are other factors like tv deal etc but on the away fans being what all clubs need to survive - its pishflaps.

Are we forgetting Hearts 2005-2006?

You seem to have completely misunderstood my point. These clubs don't need you, you are handy to have around when they need to pay a bill or 2 (do you remember when Rangers used to do that?)

If Rangers weren't here we would all still be. If you were kicked out of the SPL for cheating, where would you go, please don't tell me you think you could just go to the 1st division? you do realise it's not like signing up for a course at college?

A simple question for you. Do Inverness need Rangers?

Sorry Gaz, I forgot about 2005 2006, celtic won the league and 2nd & 3rd places were 17 and 18 points behind, lol :)

What will be will be, I would imagine liquidation is on the cards anyway, so we will find out soon enough unfortunately :(

From the excellent blog http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/

Which Former Directors of Rangers plc might be Disqualified as not “Fit and Proper”?

Every director and office bearer of Rangers going back to the 15th February 2007 falls foul of the 5-year pre-insolvency rule.

That list is as follows:-

Craig Whyte

Dave King

Andrew Ellis

Gary Withey

Phil Betts

John Greig

John McClelland

Martin Bain

Donald McIntyre

Alastair Johnston

Paul Murray !!!!!!!!!

Donald Muir

Michael McGill

James Wilson

Sir David Murray

Quite how is Mr Murray, who is at the head of the “Blue Knights” going to get round this issue?

The Mr Murray referred to is the lead in the Blue Knights with Ticketus "helping out" and the Supporter groups tagging along for the ride and free blazers.

Sorry Gaz, I forgot about 2005 2006, celtic won the league and 2nd & 3rd places were 17 and 18 points behind, lol :)

What will be will be, I would imagine liquidation is on the cards anyway, so we will find out soon enough unfortunately :(

The court hearings in London this week will be the first chance at getting something close to the truth. So far all spin and nonsense. Perhaps the next week or so will see the formal demise of the Blue Knights, but it will still writhe and wriggle via the Sun and Daily Record beyond that date.

I despair for true Rangers supporters being fed this mince day after day from Whyte, then administrators, Blue Knights and of the course the players who conned a deal to help 'save the club'.

The other fact maybe you don't know is that Inverness CT don't include TV money in their budget for a season, this is regarded as a bonus or extra money into the club. So although if Rangers went out of business, we would not be affected as much as other clubs in the SPL.

I assume the bit in bold means cups and prizemoney for placings above say 11th - since otherwise, I find that utterly unbelievable.

Minimum a club gets is just shy of £800,000... i.e. for finishing 12th... and there's no way ICT are budgeting as if that known minimum of £800k doesn't exist.

Obviously there are other factors like tv deal etc but on the away fans being what all clubs need to survive - its pishflaps.

This. From a Hibs perspective, we probably make a bit over £100k each time Rangers visit... typically in excess of 3,500 away fans at in excess of £25 a pop, plus improved food sales and hospitality... that £100k/200k is useful but not vital.

Main impact is if SPL's TV and sponsorship deals drastically fall... we got ~£970k from those last season for finishing 10th.

From the excellent blog http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/

Which Former Directors of Rangers plc might be Disqualified as not "Fit and Proper"?

John Greig

I think the bloke doing that blog is trying too hard again... I'd be absolutely amazed if such a literal interpretation of "fit and proper" was adopted that e.g. John Greig was adjudged unfit to ever be involved in association football.

Edited by HibeeJibee

This away fan thing - doing some very crude numbers here but I figure that at best the old firm games add up to 2000 extra people on away games.

At £20 a head that is £40,000 a game. If you end up bottom 6, that is 3 games a season or 120,000 in a season.

That is £2k a week per season.

That is one less player in your squad.

Then add extra stewarding and police presence because the worst behaved away fans are paying a visit.

But then look at a bigger picture.

11 teams in the spl pay what they are due, 10 are living on modest budgets.

1 team had been paying players £20k a week to beat the likes of st mirren and Inverness. Whose highest earners wouldn't even be on half of that a month.

Now imagine it transpires they couldn't actually afford this and had been cheating the taxman as well.

How would you feel to be one of the teams who play by the rules to watch this unfold and then watch this team get a clean slate and let back in?

How would you feel knowing that most of Scottish football bankrupted themselves trying to keep up with a team that couldn't actually afford it?

Now times that by 10 teams worth of fans.

Aye the poor hoose must remain open