Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Cracking stuff on Radio Scotland.

The fighting-fund people have decided to use some of the millions (ha) that they have raised to honour the debt outstanding to Dunfermline as they are an honourable club.

Dundee United, on the other hand, can ram it as they have effectively persecuted Rangers fans in recent years.

What a bunch of fucking haddies.

Dunfermline have a current problem with racist idiots, which in the eyes of certain Rangers fans equates "gud Prodesdents" and therefore "an honourable club". Dundee United were known once as Dundee Hibernians and therefore will always be a part of the Satanic Vatican conspiracy against Rangers even if Ian Paisley were made their Chairman. Classic Orcthink in action!

Can HMRC be forced into accepting a take it or leave it offer in the event of a CVA?

Surely they are more powerful than that?

It seems to me only us mugs pay tax and businesses/rich people get kicks out of finding new ways to avoid pesky tax payments.

Can HMRC be forced into accepting a take it or leave it offer in the event of a CVA?

Yes, so long as 75% of the creditors (size of the pie is decided by the amount owed) accept the CVA. But if HMRC have more than 25% of the debt then they hold the cards to block a CVA if they so wish

Yes, so long as 75% of the creditors (size of the pie is decided by the amount owed) accept the CVA. But if HMRC have more than 25% of the debt then they hold the cards to block a CVA if they so wish

Surely the HMRC have more than 25% of the debt. Given the figures mentioned I'd say over 50%

As mentioned above. To pay, or not to pay, that is the question?

Rangers fans are to pay the club's debt to Dunfermline Athletic but have decided against doing the same in the case of Dundee United.

"That was rejected as there were strong views that, in recent times, Dundee United had treated Rangers and their fans with disdain," a statement said.

The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund has raised £250,000 in two weeks for the club in administration.

And it has decided to pay £22,000 owed to the Pars for ticket sales.

RFFF chairman Andrew McCormick said: "After some discussion, it was agreed that we should use some of the money collected by our fans to pay off this outstanding debt.

"This is a debt of honour to a club of honour.

United are owed money from tickets sold for the Scottish Cup tie between the clubs on 5 February.

"Rangers fans were angry last season when Dundee United levied an extra charge on Rangers ticket holders if they wished to attend an abandoned game at Tannadice," explained McCormick.

So Haudit & Doddit haven't paid the Pars after all? I'm sure the SFA will make sure Utd get their cash, or there may well be no Rangers, phoenix, newco, or otherwise, in next years SC, never mind Europe.

Edited by kiddy

I imagine that HMRC wouldn't just accept a piss poor CVA otherwise what kind of scare tactic does that show to other clubs who try avoiding tax?

It's been stated that Rangers are the tip of the iceberg and the big bad taxman is trying to scare the bigger teams by taking no nonsense. What message would accepting say 7% send out?

Edited by Gaz FFC

I imagine that HMRC wouldn't just accept a piss poor CVA otherwise what kind of scare tactic does that show to other clubs who try avoiding tax?<br />It's been stated that Rangers are the tip of the iceberg and the big bad taxman is trying to scare the bigger teams by taking no nonsense. What message would accepting say 7% send out?

I hope the HMRC stretch out repayments from Rangers for a ten year period given the comments from the Uefa representative today.

Someone has the £3m odd left over from Ticketus, and someone has the £5m odd from the Jelavic deal. Without the tax case Rangers were far from a basket case, they were deliberately steered into admin, and there's a fair chance someone has a fair whack of the £9m odd due HMRC in tax and NI.

I think that same someone will be buying the club off the administrator at liquidation

The fans' fund paid the debt.

Rangers still owe the debt, all the fans did was give Dunfermline some free cash.

This might come as a shock, but you can't pick and choose what debts you want to pay back just because you don't like Dundee United

Do you have a link Chico?
<br />I did this morning. See if I can find it

http://www.football365.com/transfer-centre/7633620/UEFA-TO-CONSIDER-TAX-RATES-UNDER-FFP

Gianni Infantino, UEFA's general secretary and one of the architects of the FFP rules, insisted that taxes had to be paid or clubs would be excluded from European competition. He conceded however, that tax regimes in different countries might give some clubs unfair FFP advantages.

Infantino said: "We cannot change national legislation but one of the points I have mentioned for future discussion with the European Commission is the tax situation for clubs in different countries.

"Some clubs are saying you pay less tax in different countries and that's something we will have to look at."

Asked about clubs in Spain having large tax debts, he added: "That's a good question but we know taxes have to paid by all the clubs and clubs that do not comply with the rules will not participate in the competition.

"We did it already in the past. A relatively big Spanish club was not able to participate in European competition which was Real Mallorca last year.

"If you don't fulfil the criteria we have bodies that look at our regulations and take a decision.

"It doesn't mean they are excluded automatically but if the conditions are there then we have no choice."

Edited by chico

Rangers still owe the debt, all the fans did was give Dunfermline some free cash.

This might come as a shock, but you can't pick and choose what debts you want to pay back just because you don't like Dundee United

Don't tell them that yet.

I'm enjoying watching them making an arse of themselves with their 'its my ball your no playing' childish attitude.

Can't wait for tomorrow's papers.

Haudit & Daudit (I like that!) are Whyte's men. They are just there to get to the end of the season when they will announce a CVA and shaft the creditors which won't include them because they deduct their fee before handing over to the new management team.

Ticketus will get SFA which was the intention from the start. HMRC will put a repayment plan into place and Craig Whyte will walk away with a good profit on his £1 investment with grateful thanks to H & D for their sterling efforts in dragging out this current process.

Haudit & Daudit must do everything by the book, like all administrator people . If Ticketus is a creditor to rangers and they do a CVA, then Ticketus must be included in this.

Craig Whyte will always walk away with a fair amount of cash for his £1 investment, I would be amazed if he hasn't already got a lot of money from Rangers with management fees.