Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yeah his bling loyalty to protecting his club is beyond embarrassing now,

"Bling loyalty"? You're a jewel, you really are. ;)

You and others should save your insults and jibes for someone who gives a stuff. I stand by what I've said. If that doesn't fit with what you want to believe, too bad. I'm not saying everything was sweetness and light before Whyte come in - certainly not - but things were manageable at that point.

You and others should save your insults and jibes for someone who gives a stuff. I stand by what I've said. If that doesn't fit with what you want to believe, too bad. I'm not saying everything was sweetness and light before Whyte come in - certainly not - but things were manageable at that point.

When a business is sold for a quid it is generally fucked and heading for liquidation.....

Things have not been manageable for years, even keeping a lid on it meant cheating. Murray and all those directors put Ranegrs in this situation....letting the childlike Whyte loose in the sweet shop for the last year simply put a cherry on the cake of fail being baked for the last couple of decades

By a fucking bank, you plum.

Calm down. Even if that's true (and I don't take Walter Smith's word as gospel on financial matters) it doesn't change the situation. I see folk harking back to the Advocaat days. Things had changed radically since then. It's over a decade since Advocaat was there and, looking at things overall, the financial approach of the club has changed hugely since that time. The changes started well before the bank brought its influence to bear.

Jesus.

The relevance of harking back to those times will become even more pertinent in the months to come.

There have been changes because they ran out of hard cash to spunk at the club and have been resorting to further devious and arguably illegal funding methods.

The business model changed because Lloyds was sick of Moonbeams spunking his cash on rAngers. They told him he had 3 months to get rid. So he did ASAP. Hence the big hoose of cards falling down. Simples :)

If rAngers are liquidated can someone nip in and buy the name Rangers from company house or probable derivatives? Purely cosmetic but it would be nice just to remove their name from what ever league they end up in, at least for a season or two :P

If anyone had bothered to read the Insolvency Act 2006, they'd have chanced upon this note on names.

216 Restriction on re-use of company names.(1)This section applies to a person where a company ('the liquidating company') has gone into insolvent liquidation on or after the appointed day and he was a director or shadow director of the company at any time in the period of 12 months ending with the day before it went into liquidation.

(2)For the purposes of this section, a name is a prohibited name in relation to such a person if—

(a)it is a name by which the liquidating company was known at any time in that period of 12 months, or

(b)it is a name which is so similar to a name falling within paragraph (a) as to suggest an association with that company.

So Newco Rangers can't use the word Rangers.

If anyone had bothered to read the Insolvency Act 2006, they'd have chanced upon this note on names.

D'ye know, that is probably the most pleasing thing I've come across this rainy Easter morning! I only hope it's true, because it will make it harder for any bears that come out of hibernation when this all falls out to claim any connection between a newco and rangers' "tradition" or "history". Or to lay claim to the roll of "honour" amassed by the cheating, lying, conniving, immoral, mendacious, bigoted, criminal "institution" which is currently awaiting the plug being pulled.

Let them die, let's move on and watch the other cheek wither and atrophy without their Ugly Sister.

KTID

I'm not going to argue with bearwithme. He has his own entrenched view of the situation and anything posted here won't change his mind.

Its actually a common theme. Rangers fans believe that the club was "manageable" before Whyte came in despite all of the facts confirming the exact opposite. Like I said before, if that was my club being run by a bank and relying on unguarenteed euro money to manage that much debt I'd see it differently.

I'm not going to argue with bearwithme. He has his own entrenched view of the situation and anything posted here won't change his mind.

Its actually a common theme. Rangers fans believe that the club was "manageable" before Whyte came in despite all of the facts confirming the exact opposite. Like I said before, if that was my club being run by a bank and relying on unguarenteed euro money to manage that much debt I'd see it differently.

Spot on ,,the media are desperate to paint Whyte as the bad guy here,,,,it was manageable?! Ffs. That's why minty gave it away for nothing,,,,there was rangers directors and some jurnos warning off bankruptcy years ago at rangers.

Spot on ,,the media are desperate to paint Whyte as the bad guy here,,,,it was manageable?! Ffs. That's why minty gave it away for nothing,,,,there was rangers directors and some jurnos warning off bankruptcy years ago at rangers.

But Chick Young still believes in Murray :(

:lol:

Well yes, just not paying your tax bills is actually another matter from looking to reduce your tax liabilities within the law, which is what I said.

Rangers never paid their PAYE or VAT bills it is the point of the thread, they had no money to pay the Tax man forced them into administration before they had planned to do so the whole point of the "Rangers now in administration" thread. Nice attempt at deflection.

Oh I can't wait for the "You're not Rangers any more" chants.

Oh please please please let it be true.

I doubt if it is, to be honest.

I admit to knowing even less about such things than a Rangers fan, but surely this would have emerged before now. Is there not a distinction to be drawn between the name of the company and that of the team?

Middlesborough and Leeds have also emerged as NewCos, but without changing name.

I'd dearly love to be wrong on this, but I just don't see it.