Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Al Lamont of the BBC tweeting that Miller has held talks with the SFA and SPL to gain assurances that if he "saves" Rangers there will be no further points or financial deduction beyond the ones currently in place. If not, he will walk away.

Sales of walking boots are flourishing ...

Al Lamont of the BBC tweeting that Miller has held talks with the SFA and SPL to gain assurances that if he "saves" Rangers there will be no further points or financial deduction beyond the ones currently in place. If not, he will walk away.

In other words...rip up the rule book and f**k everyone else because....well because its the Rangers.

Sad thing is i can see that happening ! :angry:

I don't know why he's stopping there. He should have demanded that Rangers be awarded this year's league title, or he'll walk away.

looks like proof to me.

Is this an internet first? Someone actually having documented evidence to back up an accusation? :thumsup2

i accidentally greenied this, i feel ashamed and am now away to have a boiling hot bath and a long hard look at myself.

In other words he's trying to bluster a way about it; "I'll make an offer for Rangers and save you a lot of headaches about possible liquidation etc. in the close season if you'll be lenient with the club once I'm the owner."

Can't see a CVA being accepted in any circumstances tbh so probably just that; bluster.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

BM: ' I have held a series of talks over the past week with officials from the SPL and SFA in an effort to ensure Rangers play in the 2012/13 season without further points deductions, fines or other punitive sanctions, relating to either the terms of my purchase or the actions of the prior administrations, beyond those levied during the 2011/12 season. My offer is contingent upon the regulatory bodies agreeing the club will begin play in the 2012/13 season in the SPL and that they will do so without any loss of points and with all historic titles intact. I will not acquire the club unless I receive written assurances. '

Unbelievable.

BM: ' I have held a series of talks over the past week with officials from the SPL and SFA in an effort to ensure Rangers play in the 2012/13 season without further points deductions, fines or other punitive sanctions, relating to either the terms of my purchase or the actions of the prior administrations, beyond those levied during the 2011/12 season. My offer is contingent upon the regulatory bodies agreeing the club will begin play in the 2012/13 season in the SPL and that they will do so without any loss of points and with all historic titles intact. I will not acquire the club unless I receive written assurances. '

Unbelievable.

Strike another one off the list then.

I know the SPL are happy to bend over and take it all ways from the OF, but even they wouldnt do that. Would they?

Unbelievable.

He is going to liquidate, if he was not he would not need to have any reassurances.

He is going to liquidate, if he was not he would not need to have any reassurances.

He says, he's going to use an "incubator company"

linky

Cant help getting the feeling that if it was simple as that to avoid debt in this situation that a) more business would do it b) it would already have been suggested and c) another bidder closer to the club would be doing it

Yes, I can see the SPL biting on that *if* Miller can prove to them that he has the money to make all this go away, at least in the short term. New man pays off debt and keep present club as going concern for next season. And, er, all the EBT tax stuff is a matter for HMRC and the board will keep a "watching brief" on legal developments.

I don't think Miller (given his pretty shoddy track record in sports "management" ) is a serious contender though, really, so it's all a bit academic. As someone else has said I think he's positioning himself to withdraw come Monday, citing the "failure of the football authorities to produce satisfactory guarantees".

He says, he's going to use an "incubator company"

linky

Cant help getting the feeling that if it was simple as that to avoid debt in this situation that a) more business would do it b) it would already have been suggested and c) another bidder closer to the club would be doing it

He claims he is going to create an incubator company whilst paying off the CVA through the current one. In reality he is going through the liquidation process in reverse, create newco whilst making claims to keep old Rangers alive, when dust settles liquidate old Rangers and it's too late to punish new Rangers for the liquidation. Smoke and mirrors.

Miller knows that liquidation is happening. He knows that a new club is not the same club and he will lose a lot of the supporters if it happens. What he is trying to do is keep as many of the similarities as possible, and reproduce as close to an exact copy of the club as he can, The Clone Rangers I guess. This is his way of trying to keep as many of the supporters in it as he can, not to mention giving him a chance to flex some muscle and get into their good books before he has actually done anything. It's nothing more than the start of the new co.