Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Considering that geographical constraints seem to be secondary; OF in the EPL, OF in an Atlantic League, etc, then I think that logic would be quite sound.. ;)

I'd love that........seeing them fighting out for 12th place in the EPL would be like watching these two argue who's tallest !

post-26673-0-62204800-1335011970_thumb.j

Actually surprised that no h*n supporters group has broken off and started a new club already like FC United.

This whole thing has really highlighted how stupid and entitled Rangers fans are. There seems to be an attitude of waiting and seeing how it'll pan out - 'we'll get out of this stronger'.

All the posturing and pointless symbolism behind the 'we don't do walking away / the big house must stay open / Scottish football needs tha rangers / show x and y the red card' doesn't pay the bills. In the grand scheme of things they've really done absolutely f**k all.

There's no comprehension that the £130m hole in Rangers is worth more than the club itself. It's absolutely no different to the Dundee or Raith Rovers fans who had to raise hundreds of thousands. With those clubs there was no media trying to make a buck off wishful thinking.

I do enjoy the chick young style comments of 'the fans are the victim', they are innocent in all of this'

They didn't necessarily choose this to happen.

The fact that they've reacted with nothing but arrogance, ignorace and paranoia means they're not really innocent when the club falls into the hands of the next vulture.

I'm not.

For all the talk about starting at the bottom, very few Rangers fans really have the stomach for folowing a team that doesn't win most of the time and scoop lots of prizes.

Teams like Wimbledon and even Man Utd have elements to their support who appreciate something deeper. I really don't think Rangers do.

Quite agree. In the examples you give, Wimbledon fans had the experience of going from bottom to top in recent memory (although HOW they won that Cup Final I'll never know!), so they're off on the same journey, and loving it, especially as they'll probably be comfortably ensconced above MK Dons in a couple of years. Even Man U (and I'm no fan) had their bad years, including relegation to Division 2 in the 70s - coincidentally, spending that season in the same league as York City for the only time. Man U in a league game at Bootham Crescent - we won't see that again!

rangers, on the other hand, have been, especially in the last three decades, at or near the top of the Scottish game, and have pulled away (with their business partners) while weakening the competition. They talk about the "wilderness" years of only being third or fourth in the league, while winning the odd cup. The rest of us ("diddies" if you like) would love to have a run like that. I honestly believe that OF "fans" are a different species, with no knowledge of the pain, anguish, and occasional ecstasy which the rest of us experience over the years - it's like being married to your team, ferchrissake! An OF fan's relations with their side is more hooker/john - They'll pay their money while the trophies keep coming, then melt away when the orgasms stop coming.

Hang on, that reads like I'm comparing the OF to a couple of raddled old whores only interested in money, makeup plastered over their imperfections, with no passion for the beautiful event that their service is a sad parody of. Hey Ho, if the cap fits.....

KTID

An OF fan's relations with their side is more hooker/john -

Hang on, that reads like I'm comparing the OF to a couple of raddled old whores only interested in money, makeup plastered over their imperfections, with no passion for the beautiful event that their service is a sad parody of. Hey Ho, if the cap fits.....

KTID

If you're comparing the OF to "raddled old whores" and their fans to "johns", the OF might be well advised to have a cap, probably one of foreign origins, although it might not be as popular with the Celtic part of the brothel.....

Quite agree. In the examples you give, Wimbledon fans had the experience of going from bottom to top in recent memory (although HOW they won that Cup Final I'll never know!), so they're off on the same journey, and loving it, especially as they'll probably be comfortably ensconced above MK Dons in a couple of years. Even Man U (and I'm no fan) had their bad years, including relegation to Division 2 in the 70s - coincidentally, spending that season in the same league as York City for the only time. Man U in a league game at Bootham Crescent - we won't see that again!

rangers, on the other hand, have been, especially in the last three decades, at or near the top of the Scottish game, and have pulled away (with their business partners) while weakening the competition. They talk about the "wilderness" years of only being third or fourth in the league, while winning the odd cup. The rest of us ("diddies" if you like) would love to have a run like that. I honestly believe that OF "fans" are a different species, with no knowledge of the pain, anguish, and occasional ecstasy which the rest of us experience over the years - it's like being married to your team, ferchrissake! An OF fan's relations with their side is more hooker/john - They'll pay their money while the trophies keep coming, then melt away when the orgasms stop coming.

KTID

Top post.

The marriage / hooker analogy is spot on, apart from the fact that some old whores genuinely are victims, deserving of sympathy.

If you're comparing the OF to "raddled old whores" and their fans to "johns", the OF might be well advised to have a cap, probably one of foreign origins, although it might not be as popular with the Celtic part of the brothel.....

Don't agree it was Dutch caps that wanted EBTs in the first place. Liquidate

Edited by eightmile

:lol: Still love Rangersmedia these days

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=217474

Happy Birthday to Her Royal Britannic Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Second of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas, Queen of this Realm and of Her other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth and Defender of the Faith.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=217497

Once again, the largest UK weekend attendance was in Scottish Division 3.As the SPL suffers, could we get used to hearing that?
1. A chance to set more new records - first team in history to get straight promotion as Champions of each division in Scotland in successive seasons. We could have that cake and perhaps get to eat it, too, should we then win the SPL on the first season of our return.

2. A chance for me and many others to return to away games.

3. A chance to provide much needed and direct financial assistance to the SFL.

4. A chance to slaughter the clubs working against us right now in a financial sense. No Sky/ESPN deals worth talking about without games vs them. A collapse of some current SPL sponsor deals and a dearth of new ones. Millions of pounds removed from said clubs in away-day ticket sales. Mind you - perhaps they think Thistle or Falkirk will be just as lucrative. They'l get an answer shortly when Ross County visit. So, many millions of revenue lost to the current SPL - enough to push some of our enemies over the financial precipice - how I would laugh.

5. A chance to do our own TV and sponsorship deals in the SFL. What a riddy that would be for the SPL clubs if such deals were of greater value than their own.

6. A chance - a real chance - for a division 3 side to win the Scottish cup.

7. A chance to build The Rangers into something dearer and more valuable to the support than it already is.

Rangers would get 35-40k home fans easy i believe in div 3 thats if the so called real fans stick with us, we wont get our talent cherry picked cause we could still pay decent wages, and they also know we would be back at the top in under 4 yrs sone aluko never got picked up are people saying with the right scouts we wont get more like him, we would still be a better option to play for than some of the shite in scotland dont think so little of your teams appeal
Edited by Enrico Annoni

Due to this recession / austerity / Tories robbing the poor to give to themselves we hear more and more about how much things cost or more precisely what we as a nation cannot afford. I was listening to some apologist government minister say the uk couldn't afford £500 million per year to provide universal free school meals. She didn't say how much they were saving by cutting 100,000 of the poorest kids from the bill under current plans.

It's numbers like this that repeatedly make me angry about the easy ride rangers are getting in the press. Nearly £100 million in unpaid taxes and penalties they are going to walk away from one way or another. That's real money that instead of feeding children or giving teenagers jobs these people have handed to overpaid players to cheat their way to titles in a mickey mouse league.

Leaving aside the footballing rules the HMRC should be saying loudly "we will not accept pennies, we will shut you down". This should be a message to those running companies all over Britain - you want the benefits and privileges of incorporation then suffer if you abuse it. The SFA, the SPL and the Scottish media will look after themselves but this is the story and it is vile.

Leaving aside the footballing rules the HMRC should be saying loudly "we will not accept pennies, we will shut you down". This should be a message to those running companies all over Britain - you want the benefits and privileges of incorporation then suffer if you abuse it. The SFA, the SPL and the Scottish media will look after themselves but this is the story and it is vile.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

By the way what are these privileges and benefits?

Due to this recession / austerity / Tories robbing the poor to give to themselves we hear more and more about how much things cost or more precisely what we as a nation cannot afford. I was listening to some apologist government minister say the uk couldn't afford £500 million per year to provide universal free school meals. She didn't say how much they were saving by cutting 100,000 of the poorest kids from the bill under current plans.

It's numbers like this that repeatedly make me angry about the easy ride rangers are getting in the press. Nearly £100 million in unpaid taxes and penalties they are going to walk away from one way or another. That's real money that instead of feeding children or giving teenagers jobs these people have handed to overpaid players to cheat their way to titles in a mickey mouse league.

Unless the tribunal finds in our favour of course. If youi're really concerned about the government's tax and spending there are far bigger issues. Just to take today's news Gideon has loaned an extra £10 billion to the IMF....