Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The argument in favour of the Newco getting a place in the SPL has always been that they would simply transfer the old club's membership to the new club. If that membership comes together with the associated punishments, then they will also have to inherit both.

If they start up a completely new AFC Wimbledon style club (I know that's not why you brought them up), then that would be a different case, because they would be applying for a vacancy rather than transferring the old share across.

Right - that's what I mean. The newco will be a new entity and will be welcomed into the SPL. That's what I've thought all along will happen and nothing about tonight's punishment has persuaded me otherwise. The only thing the newco will be missing is Rangers' honours list and they'll get that back a few years down the line when the outrage has died down.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic but what has anyone seen here that would indicate that anything else is going to happen?

Regarding that Lafferty story... the Daily Record think Rangers will get £500k for a player who is:

1) injured

2) out of contract in one season

3) isn't going to be a member of the first-team squad next season?

I guess the market in England is that inflated that it's possible but surely in the realm of sanity someone would just offer to pay off his contract (which, given the 75% reduction, is naff all) and forget the transfer fee? For Rangers players it must be a buyers' market, so why would a club spend half a mil that they don't have to?

Because they are the p...

ach, forget it.

It is to do with the non payment of Tax and NI contributions according to Duff and Phelps.

I am quite sure the punishment will be vastly reduced on appeal BUT that is not the point here. This will make Rangers less appealing as an investment to any consortium. Like the SPL rule changes mid season it has been deliberately timed to inflict as much damage as possible on the club. Hopeful;ly this will unite the Rangers support as never before because never before has their support been needed more.

I don't consider myself a radical by any stretch of the imagination but this is too much. I will wait and see what those at the club have to say but i think the time has come when we need strong leadership. No right thinking person can honestly say the punishment fits the crime here.

I can.

Naughty, naughty......

"ricksen_da_bestToday, 11:04 PM

Just don't leave after.

Round up as much smoke bombs, pyro and flags as you can. Sneak the bombs in in your boxers if you need to."

Rangers are slowly dying, this is glorious, pleasing and there are many Rangers fans out there seething. Once again I must say that this is pleasing.

TeamHeroToday, 11:07 PM

May 19th..

What better way to have our voices heard that to ruin there showpiece and out-sing all the fans inside with a mass of us outside.

==============

Can't make this shit up :lol:

TeamHeroToday, 11:07 PM

May 19th..

What better way to have our voices heard that to ruin there showpiece and out-sing all the fans inside with a mass of us outside.

==============

Can't make this shit up :lol:

:lol:

Edited by Isaiah Osbourne