Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Right - that's what I mean. The newco will be a new entity and will be welcomed into the SPL. That's what I've thought all along will happen and nothing about tonight's punishment has persuaded me otherwise. The only thing the newco will be missing is Rangers' honours list and they'll get that back a few years down the line when the outrage has died down.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic but what has anyone seen here that would indicate that anything else is going to happen?

Sadly, I thInk you're right.

The old rangers is getting burnt and sent off to Valhalla with all the debts woes and punishments

A shiney new one will replace it.

All to feed that tale that 8% of total SPL income sourced from a tv deal 'cannot be replaced'

Piss Poor.

TeamHeroToday, 11:07 PM

May 19th..

What better way to have our voices heard that to ruin there showpiece and out-sing all the fans inside with a mass of us outside.

==============

Can't make this shit up :lol:

That is definitely the best I've ever heard. :lol:

The old rangers is getting burnt and sent off to Valhalla with all the debts woes and punishments

All to feed that tale that 8% of total SPL income sourced from a tv deal 'cannot be replaced'

Piss Poor.

That's exactly how I see it as well. But...

alextomo also tweets that tonight's remarkable events "will play badly with HMRC"

The HMRC angle is really the last one worth looking at. It's well within the realms of possibility that they will force liquidation. And then even if a newco was welcomed into the SPL with open arms, they'd probably have to groundshare.

Hold on a minute, Whyte is now officially banned from owning a Scottish football club, yet he currently, eh, owns a Scottish football club. I know if it did he'd more than likely make a legal challenge and win but does this have any bearing on his shares in Rangers? The buyer, when one is decided (laugh.gif) will still have to pay him to get his shares, yes?

Piss Poor.

However is it not right that they can only be invited back to the SPL if they transfer the SPL Share over to the NewCo. If they do this, then the punishment goes with it, if i've read the various links correctly.

They can only avoid punishment by becoming a completely new and seperate entity, which would mean they'd need to apply to join SFL.

Probably.

If they aren't demoted down divisions surely they are in for a shout for relegation next year as the can't being anyone in and they need to let almost everyone go :lol:

I'd love to see that and then for them to go out of existence completely when they get relegated. Slow painful death their fans would be sick.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic but what has anyone seen here that would indicate that anything else is going to happen?

Not at this point it's all window dressing, the killers are

1. Have the SPL / SFA promised the new buyers anything prior to any investigations, seems one of them thinks so

2. Double contracts, that should be the harder to walk away from ( a certain clubs who are currently holding their council)

However is it not right that they can only be invited back to the SPL if they transfer the SPL Share over to the NewCo. If they do this, then the punishment goes with it, if i've read the various links correctly.

They can only avoid punishment by becoming a completely new and seperate entity, which would mean they'd need to apply to join SFL.

Probably.

Plus, I would imagine UEFA and FIFA will have quite a lot to say about it if Newco are simply parachuted back into the SPL. Threats of international bans / isolation will rather concentrate the SFA's mind.

I understand swampy and chico's pessimism / cynicism but the longer this goes on, the less likely it seems to me that Rangers will survive unscathed. It could eb argued that public opinion has influenced tonight's decision and may just be a first step in reflecting that hardening of public opinion against the way Rangers have conducted themselves.

Hold on a minute, Whyte is now officially banned from owning a Scottish football club, yet he currently, eh, owns a Scottish football club. I know if it did he'd more than likely make a legal challenge and win but does this have any bearing on his shares in Rangers? The buyer, when one is decided (laugh.gif) will still have to pay him to get his shares, yes?

It all depends on what "participation in Association Football in Scotland" means. While I'm sure the SFA would love for that to extend to (majority) shareholding in clubs, they are powerless to prevent Whyte's financial interests from taking whatever form they choose. The only way this would be a meaningful punishment is if they banned the club from participation as long as they had a banned person in a position of authority. But that would be a massive can of worms that, perhaps with good reason, the SFA aren't wont to open.

I intend to enjoy this week's unctious servings of ice-cream with a lahhhvurlly buttery biscuit base.

post-11540-0-45131300-1335223578_thumb.p

How about some Jelly that will wobble wobble wobble?

Probably.

Is that an SPL rule or something legal?