Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So that's a no to the charity bet, I take it?

I don't gamble. But, if I am proven wrong and you are proven right, i don't doubt for a moment that you'll take every opportunity to remind anyone who'll listen that you were Right All Along.

Which means they'll get even less than if they witheld prize money!

You're putting a lot of eggs in this 'embargo' basket, it has to be said.

well, it is a fairly punitive basket.

I regard tonight's punishment as a message to potential owners about the kind of treatment they can expect - and that treatment is largely tokenism.

an eccentric reading, but a reading nonetheless.

I'm swimming to the Shore of Reason against a tide of clapping seals here - all of whom are bobbing contentedly towards Disappointment Falls.

Metaphor Fail.

Cool story bro.....

===============

In a financially fucked league with financially fucked clubs that rely upon our travelling support to pay their players wages we have just witnessed suicide, these guys have no interest in scottish football, only in their pals at bheast fc.

======================

To suggest Rangers shouldn't be fined for entering administration as nobody else was is stupid.

Several teams have been in administration and we keep tightening the punishments to stop it happening repeatedly.

SFA hasn't punished anyone for entering administration before, hence it was sudden and (IMO) excessive to charge Rangers the maximum penalty, £50k.

As I said, it's the only punishment applied that IMO looks like that.

I would also question the reasons behind Rangers entering administration. Dundee (the last team to be in it) had too because the man paying the bills (Melville) decided he no longer wished too.

Rangers went in because of a completely different set of circumstances and owing more money than the Man City wage bill.

These are rationales of general hearsay, though, whether or not they're grounded in fact. In both cases the factual occurrence amounted to HMRC petitioning the Court of Session over unpaid tax IIRC.

It'll be interesting to see the panel's reasoning.

If nothing else, other member clubs will want to know if any administration now likely brings an additionl £50k fine, or not.

Sorry if already posted but this is on RM, its laughable that fans of any club could believe such nonsense. Even Stewart Regan isn't daft enough to be discussing Rangers case..............in a taxi.................in Glasgow...............in Scotland:

Guy on here last night posted that Regan was on the phone in a taxi, discussing how "they wouldn't get away with it" or something along those lines. Gotta be it then.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Scandalous.

As much as it disappoints me, I agree with Swampy, at least to an extent. While it's all shit and giggles to watch the foaming from the mouth of the knuckledraggers over at RM, I do wonder just what effect an embargo will have. Unless that embargo is implicitly linked to the SPL licence (and I can't see how it could be) then surely a NewCo would simply dodge it. It's also highly possible that any appeal could reduce the period it operates, say to 6 months so that even if it was in place the 6 months could mean missing out on one transfer window during the summer. It would hamper a club but is far from a massive blow. Any fines places on Whyte would be difficult to recover and as for banning him from holding office, I would imagine the last place Whyte would want to be is near Rangers (or it's possible reincarnation) for fear of his own safety.

I've been cynical from the start, mostly because the amount of money involved in retaining Rangers in the SPL, and I'm still of that mind.

CoinFollower06 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

I'd be interested in writing for RM; founded upon the club's history of being conservative, unionist, loyalist and Presbyterian. I advocate we follow in the footsteps of our forebears 'The Reformers' of the 1500s; and 'The Covenanters' and 'The Ulster-Scots' of the 1600s. Our community is under attack. The time to contribute to positive change is now.

Aldo187211 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

Something interesting in the response from Haudit and Daudit in today's Scotsman:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/top-stories/rangers-administration-craig-whyte-banned-for-life-as-club-fined-1-2251667

Paul Clark, joint administrator of Rangers, said the club intended to mount an appeal.

“All of us working on behalf of the club are utterly shocked and dismayed by the draconian sanctions imposed on Rangers in respect of these charges,” said Mr Clark....“a ban on signing players will seriously undermine the club’s efforts to rebuild after being rendered insolvent."

Straight from the administrator's own mouth, Rangers are insolvent and therefore should no longer be trading - go get 'em HMRC!

If Whyte refuses to pay the fine Rangers will have to pay that as well according to SFA Rule 97.2. Looks like that may just happen after Whyte said "Tell me how it is going to affect me? I couldn't care less. It makes no difference to my life whatsoever - and good luck collecting the money.".

What a man. I really didn't think I could admire him any more but he just keeps going up in my estimations. :D

If 50 of us could get tickets for the game , at diffrent entrances , we could handcuff ourselves to the turnstiles in a silent protest.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Like the suffragettes did trying to get votes for women

This on rangers media in relation to fans disrupting the scottish cup final laugh.gif

Something interesting in the response from Haudit and Daudit in today's Scotsman:

http://www.scotsman....fined-1-2251667

Paul Clark, joint administrator of Rangers, said the club intended to mount an appeal.

"All of us working on behalf of the club are utterly shocked and dismayed by the draconian sanctions imposed on Rangers in respect of these charges," said Mr Clark...."a ban on signing players will seriously undermine the club's efforts to rebuild after being rendered insolvent."

Straight from the administrator's own mouth, Rangers are insolvent and therefore should no longer be trading - go get 'em HMRC!

I picked up on that as well. The cat may very well be out of the bag now; Clark should clarify these comments as a matter of urgency as they seem to place him and his pal in a bit of a pickle, at first reading. Either way, it - in conjunction with the punishment handed out - should be enough to scare what remains of the shady characters and vultures circling the corpse away.

I'm also interested about the talk of transferring the SPL status to a Newco given these new circumstances. I'm unsure as to what the majority rule is (not that anything majorative seems to matter in SPL voting) in such an instance, but I would put money on the liklihood of Vlad and Thompson at the very least doing their level best to block such a move.

I can only hope that this is the beginning of Rangers' many, well-feathered and plump chickens coming home to roost. If the transfer embargo is enforceable, which I believe it is with the scrutiny upon it, then this is a huge and deserved blow to RFC going forward. It is entirely consistent and significant that the more vocal response from their fans has had a thuggish, violent overtone, which they don't seem to understand will count against them, as opposed to provoke sympathy and leniency.

Hell mend them. That said, Hell would have a job on its hands even trying.

As much as it disappoints me, I agree with Swampy, at least to an extent. While it's all shit and giggles to watch the foaming from the mouth of the knuckledraggers over at RM, I do wonder just what effect an embargo will have. Unless that embargo is implicitly linked to the SPL licence (and I can't see how it could be) then surely a NewCo would simply dodge it. It's also highly possible that any appeal could reduce the period it operates, say to 6 months so that even if it was in place the 6 months could mean missing out on one transfer window during the summer. It would hamper a club but is far from a massive blow. Any fines places on Whyte would be difficult to recover and as for banning him from holding office, I would imagine the last place Whyte would want to be is near Rangers (or it's possible reincarnation) for fear of his own safety.

I've been cynical from the start, mostly because the amount of money involved in retaining Rangers in the SPL, and I'm still of that mind.

The embargo is linked to the SFA membership. The thing about a NewCo or continuation club is that all the memberships of the SPL and SFA stay the same, they just pass in ownership from one entity to another and are not new creations.

The embargo will be enforcible for next season. Rangers might be left with a squad of youths if all he current senior players leave for money in the summer. It looks more and more appealing to start over in the 3rd although tht opens many cans of worms too.

The embargo is linked to the SFA membership. The thing about a NewCo or continuation club is that all the memberships of the SPL and SFA stay the same, they just pass in ownership from one entity to another and are not new creations.

The embargo will be enforcible for next season. Rangers might be left with a squad of youths if all he current senior players leave for money in the summer. It looks more and more appealing to start over in the 3rd although tht opens many cans of worms too.