Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

BK and TBK have made a better bid today...so between that and the uncertainty of the SPL meeting, I don't think the big L process could be starting just yet.

Are those your initial thoughts?

Even right at the end it's a total OF stitch up...can't liquidate until after the last battle of the bigots. Less than 24 hours after that's out of the way let proceedings start. Pathetic.

Celtic were 12 hours away from closing the doors for good in 1994 and emerged from that fine.

Rangers are now in this situation, but so many folk have got so much invested in them, there will be a few twists in this story yet. Celebrations far too premature IMO.

I still think they've had it in the longer term, but it'll drag on for a good while yet. My radar is tuned in for some high-toned sycophancy and "f**k integrity it's all about the ££££££££££££££££" from the SPL chairmen today, with a contrite Yorkston or Brown put on to front the grubby fudge for the telly cameras, to wring their hands and say "but what would you have us do, the SPL needs Rangers..."

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Thought there was enough cash to keep them going as a business until the end of the season? What's changed overnight? Obviously as a Dundee supporting vulture I'm pinning my hopes on them lasting till then!

There is but liquidation is a process which wouldn't have to be done overnight. They could start now and say last day of trading is May 14.

Their bigger cash flow problem in that regard is that a CVA can't be agreed in less than six weeks (14 days notice for the meeting, 28 days to consider appeal/approve) which now not only takes them well beyond the season end but into June when players wages go back up. They'll need to find income from somewhere just to keep the lights on.

I would be very surprised if it happens today although with it being the last day of the month its a way that Haudit & Daudit's could work for the best interests of the creditors in saving a months wages.

For me it more likely to happen on Manchester riot day (14th May), the day after the last game of the season or on the 31st of May.

Celtic were 12 hours away from closing the doors for good in 1994 and emerged from that fine.

Rangers are now in this situation, but so many folk have got so much invested in them, there will be a few twists in this story yet. Celebrations far too premature IMO.

I know I know, but at some point this afternoon I'm going to be stuck in a room with a thick as f**k bun and so basically what I want Baby Jesus is for you to liquidate Rangers at some point prior to lunch time and then I can spend the afternoon howling with laughter until he fucks off in a rage.

Edited by Broccoli Dog

I know I know, but at some point this afternoon I'm going to be stuck in a room with a thick as f**k bun and so basically what I want Baby Jesus is for you to liquidate Rangers at some point prior to lunch time and then I can spend the afternoon howling with laughter until he fucks off in a rage.

Sorry :(

@alextomo RFC Administrators "not aware" of any imminent liquidation decision at the moment

For me it more likely to happen on Manchester riot day (14th May), the day after the last game of the season or on the 31st of May.

I agree. There is no way they will liquidate at this stage in the season. It only adds to their problems.

The Swallow Hotel, fast food outlets near Ibrox, pubs and stuff... WTF do they have to do with what the SPL and SFA should solely be concerning themselves with? All they should be doing is acting fairly and without fear or favour in 'dealing with' Rangers FC.

My club moved stadiums. The Cosmo (an excellent fish and chip shop) on Love Street has lost matchday business. Similarly the famous Wee Barrel pub on Love Street will have lost business. So will the grocer shop on the corner right next to our old ground. When our directors were sitting around the table deciding to move St Mirren to a new home - does anyone think they said "This stadium move will save the club, but what about the effect on the Cosmo Chippy?" No. No. No... with all due respect to the Cosmo Chippy, an establishment I have personally frequented since Sir Alex Ferguson's days at Love Street in 1977.

If the SPL sit around the table tomorrow, and anyone says "Right, Rangers are guilty of X, Y, and Z... but hold on, what about sales of Zinger twisters in the KFC on Paisley Road West?" - then I will personally travel to Hampden and kick them in the stones.

But unless there is "transparency" and "accountability" you'll never know if anyone says that....

I'd be surprised if we hear anything today. Surely there will be a few days of flannel about this 'improved' offer - You want it your way, with BK, you got it, followed by some further flannel about Bill Miller still being interested. That'll see us through the midweek fixture and into the weekend. It's getting so close to the end of the season that surely they'll hang around long enough to fulfil this season's fixtures.