Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The boy is not all there.

He films himself snorting coke off his match ticket and you can clearly see his seat number ect and joining in with the sing songs.

Aye well that will be 1 less wee arsehole next season ;)

Is it just me or would Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin have done a better job than Duff Man and Vanessa Feltz with this administration?

I'm sure Leggo would have an EXCLUSIVE blog with the revelations that Peter Griffin's dad is actually Irish and the fact that he was born in Mexico, which we all know is one of "them" countries.

Watched about 2 or 3 minutes of that...What chance have reasonable supporters got when the police stand and watch that kind of thng going on?

Singing banned songs... nothng done!!

Vandalising the stadium..Nothing Done!!

If i was celtic i would be sending the bill to Rangers for all the damage and a letter of complaint to London Road Police station considering the amount it costs to police these games.

What sort of nutcase films that thens put it on a public forum for all the world to see? Aye you done us proud lads!! Fucking Arseholes!! <_<

Never forget. .These guys represent a MAJORITY of Rangers fans.

These mythical "reasonable supporters" seem a bit thin on the ground.

Watched about 2 or 3 minutes of that...What chance have reasonable supporters got when the police stand and watch that kind of thng going on?

If i was celtic i would be sending the bill to Rangers for all the damage and a letter of complaint to London Road Police station considering the amount it costs to police these games.

What sort of nutcase films that thens put it on a public forum for all the world to see? Aye you done us proud lads!! Fucking Arseholes!! <_<

Police probably started the singing.

Same all over the country. Falkirk fan runs on pitch and trips over his y-fronts, 2 nights locked up and £500 fine. Rangers or Celtic fans screaming bigotry and smashing up toilets, absolutely bugger all..

I get their interpretation of an "incubator company" but my question was on the legality of hiving off assets to themselves and liquidating debts without a CVA. The first part of this essentially:

What I think they were saying is the Newco would pay the market value for the assets they hive off from the Oldco, and that money would go into the CVA pot. Wasn't clear though.

I get their interpretation of an "incubator company" but my question was on the legality of hiving off assets to themselves and liquidating debts without a CVA. The first part of this essentially:

I *think* from what they said - that the assets would be 'hived off' to a separate company, but it can't actually be done until a CVA is agree'd - if the CVA is rejected then they go back into administration or liquidation.

(I'm assuming that it would be under the control of the admins until the CVA is accepted - Bill Miller can't get his mitts on it until he parts with the money, and there's no need to part with the money if the CVA is rejected).

I though we were supposed to be finding out today. The saga continues......

The saga should conclude shortly according to Archie McKeevins, who is again insisting liquidation is imminent and is none too amused by suggestions he's talking out of his hamper.

The saga should conclude shortly according to Archie McKeevins, who is again insisting liquidation is imminent and is none too amused by suggestions he's talking out of his hamper.

Well by McCoist words I think we will be lucky if we are any further forward by this Friday.

What sort of nutcase films that thens put it on a public forum for all the world to see? Aye you done us proud lads!! Fucking Arseholes!! dry.gif

Aye and good luck with that one!

What I think they were saying is the Newco would pay the market value for the assets they hive off from the Oldco, and that money would go into the CVA pot. Wasn't clear though.

I *think* from what they said - that the assets would be 'hived off' to a separate company, but it can't actually be done until a CVA is agree'd - if the CVA is rejected then they go back into administration or liquidation.

(I'm assuming that it would be under the control of the admins until the CVA is accepted - Bill Miller can't get his mitts on it until he parts with the money, and there's no need to part with the money if the CVA is rejected).

I see. I should've just asked here in the first place really. So the proceeds of the market valued payment of the assets would go towards meeting the CVA? If the CVA is agreed prior to the sale of the assets, how is their value known in order to work out the CVA? Is it fixed as in the wild valuation put on Ibrox & Murray Park? Does that not mean Miller would have to pay the £100 million or whatever it is to get those particular assets transferred to the incubator co? If it isn't fixed in this way, how can they agree to a CVA before the realisable value of the assets is known? Sorry if the answer to this is blatantly obvious, I'm far from my comfort zone here!

Edited by Jussy

I see. I should've just asked here in the first place really. So the proceeds of the market valued payment of the assets would go towards meeting the CVA? If the CVA is agreed prior to the sale of the assets, how is their value known in order to work out the CVA? Is it fixed as in the wild valuation put on Ibrox & Murray Park? Does that not mean Miller would have to pay the £100 million or whatever it is to get those particular assets transferred to the incubator co? If it isn't fixed in this way, how can they agree to a CVA before the realisable value of the assets is known? Sorry if the answer to this is blatantly obvious, I'm far from my comfort zone here!

You're not alone. Makes no sense to me neither. The more you find out about Business "Restructuring" Law, the more it seems it must have been written by conmen and rip off merchants..

These are the guys you mix with when you goto Rangers matches, personally if I was you Id be thinking although you love your club, why be associated with scumbags like this when you have a perfectly decent local team you could and support instead. Switch to Bud-ism, its the only sane choice.

Apparently, its more commonly referred to as a hive down

What is a hive down?

• A hive down is a form of reorganisation of a company whereby a business or businesses are transferred to a subsidiary company. It is a common restructuring technique whereby the profitable parts of a business, or valuable assets of an existing company are transferred or hived down to a
  • It is the simplest possible form of company reconstruction. A company in formal insolvency proceedings will sell its business – for a monetary price or shares - to a wholly owned subsidiary which does not have the burden of the liabilities incurred by the original company. It is then possible for the new company to be transferred or sold to the creditors as part of a voluntary arrangement.
  • The old company will be left with its historical debt & the new company will have assets & a clean balance sheet.
  • As soon as the old company has completed its restructuring it will own all the shares in the new company. These will have been issued at a value which is representative of the shares which it transferred to the new subsidiary company.
  • The new company will be protected from the risks & liabilities of the original business following the hive down. This means that if the original company later goes into liquidation its creditors will have no claim on the assets of its new subsidiary.
  • There is less risk of the valuation regarding the transfer of assets to the new company from the old being challenged in a hive down than with other options, & this is one of the main advantages of using this process.
  • The main disadvantage of a hive down is that as the old company will remain a shareholder of the new, if the old company went in to liquidation, the liquidator would control that shareholding & thus also the new company.
  • The process of hive down is therefore mainly used as an interim measure in order to protect the major assets of the original company prior to their transfer either to a third party or another company belonging to the parent company owner/s. In effect it allows the ultimate purchaser to acquire a 'clean' company which does not come with any bad history or unforeseen risks & liabilities.
  • This method of reorganisation may also be used to preserve the benefit of trading losses in the original company.

Absolutely nothing in there about the newco paying the "market value" for assets, quite the opposite in fact.

Edited by Mr X

In terms of the assset values it was said that the £100m balance sheet valuation is irrelevant. Duff & Phelps will have had the assets independently valued already, but even that is only a guide. Ultimately they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them, the highest bidder, likely to be Bill Miller it would seem. Unless there is any evidence that on the open market they could get more for the assets. It was also said that the advantage of taking his offer is that the cash will be paid into the company with minimal selling costs, unlike trying to sell, for example, Ibrox on the open market.

You're not alone. Makes no sense to me neither. The more you find out about Business "Restructuring" Law, the more it seems it must have been written by conmen and rip off merchants..

It is exceedingly confusing stuff. I might get on MLM's facebook page and ask them if they can clear it up.