Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Remember what he said when the parcel bombs were getting sent, and Celtic were accusing the referees of corruption? "It raises the profile of the Scottish game." Twat.

Indeed, not a word when all that nonsense was going on last year, however, someone threatens to organise a meeting and all hell breaks loose, that sort of behaviour is inflammatory and brings the game into disrepute.

There's far too much negativity on here at the moment.

Rangers are about to die people, and the pish that Doncaster is promoting with regards to a Newco is against the Law as I understand it.

The only way a new Rangers can exist is by applying to join at the bottom, assetless with a brand new club. You cannot simply transfer assets from a debt laden company in administration to another. It is illegal.

I wish you were correct on the point about a new Rangers having to join at the bottom but there is no legislation in place which forces an institution (SPL) to follow a set of rules regarding membership, if the SPL want to accept any club into it's membership they can do without breaking any laws.

You are probably correct on the laws regarding asset transfer during admin but a newco (Rangers) could be accepted into the SPL if the other members agree to their admittance.

It must be sickening for a Ross County fan just now, knowing you have waited so long for your shot at the SPL only to see the league being devalued in the way it is, the SPL has been on the way out for years, Rangers are taking the league with them in their final death throws. I used to enjoy the banter with my County supporting neighbours, they are going to be sick at not getting to wind me up when you lot finish above ICT next season, for I'll be frequenting Dudgeon Park.

If the decision is taken to readmit Rangers against all other clubs wishes, can the 10 SPL clubs resign from the league, apply to join the SFL and leave the other two to get on with it? Its the only circumstance under which I can envisage me going back to another St Mirren game.

Nope, no difference. I'm led to believe Leeds got a CVA first.

I don't think Leeds did get a CVA, the old company is still in the process of liquidation, I believe.

Our game, if Doncaster gets his way, is going to become the footballing equivalent of the WWF.

Product & TV are everything and everyone knows that the fights are pre-determined.

Occasionally, a surprise win will be allowed to make it all look real but only wee kids and those of a retarded disposition will believe it.

Adults of a normal IQ will ignore it and realise it's a heap of shite.

Pay per view is coming to the SPL..............Rangers need the money.

This is exactly how I feel about any proposal to keep them in at all costs. If I had a greeny left you'd be getting it for an excellent analogy.

However, being the eternal optimist I am, I'm inclined to agree with this:

There's far too much negativity on here at the moment.

Rangers are about to die people, and the pish that Doncaster is promoting with regards to a Newco is against the Law as I understand it.

The only way a new Rangers can exist is by applying to join at the bottom, assetless with a brand new club. You cannot simply transfer assets from a debt laden company in administration to another. It is illegal.

As soon as Miller announced his "incubator company" plan the whole thing was reeking of illegality. You can't transfer the assets out and leave the debts behind to be liquidated and I'm sure he knows this. The same is true of a Newco under TBK.

What I think is going on at the moment with Doncaster's posturing is not so much

If Doncaster's appearance has confirmed nothing else, it has confirmed that the punishment for running double contacts (if proved) will be negligible.

But quite the opposite. I reckon Doncaster feels the need to keep making the "right" noises until rangers implode in such a spectacular manner (including the ruling on the double contracts) that trying to keep them in (or even going) becomes absolutely impossible, possibly due to UEFA/FIFA involvement, and Doncaster gets to look like he tried his best to save "The Rangers" whilst not having to deal with the issues at hand at present. Much the same as our esteemed chairmen did yesterday only on a more obvious level.

Just remember how yesterday morning we gave them 48 hours to live, chins up guys!

Was just having a wee look at non SPL teams that I could check out next season.

My local team is Hamilton

Then had a look at Queens Park. Only issue is that I'm cheaper buying a family season ticket at Killie than I am at QP. dry.gif

Anyone know how to play golf?

If I wasn't being so blindingly optimistic about the whole situation I'd be gutted as next season will be the first season in many years that I would actually be able to get a ST due to no more weekend working. Were the very worst to happen, locally it would be the Livi Franchise Lions for me. That's an awful thought, so Pumphy Juniors I suppose.

I wish you were correct on the point about a new Rangers having to join at the bottom but there is no legislation in place which forces an institution (SPL) to follow a set of rules regarding membership, if the SPL want to accept any club into it's membership they can do without breaking any laws.

You are probably correct on the laws regarding asset transfer during admin but a newco (Rangers) could be accepted into the SPL if the other members agree to their admittance.

It must be sickening for a Ross County fan just now, knowing you have waited so long for your shot at the SPL only to see the league being devalued in the way it is, the SPL has been on the way out for years, Rangers are taking the league with them in their final death throws. I used to enjoy the banter with my County supporting neighbours, they are going to be sick at not getting to wind me up when you lot finish above ICT next season, for I'll be frequenting Dudgeon Park.

Gloryhunter! smile.gif

If the decision is taken to readmit Rangers against all other clubs wishes, can the 10 SPL clubs resign from the league, apply to join the SFL and leave the other two to get on with it? Its the only circumstance under which I can envisage me going back to another St Mirren game.

This has been asked before, and the answer was "No", can't remember the reasons why, but as far as I recall that was the answer.

(Also there was nothing to stop Celgers inviting in 10 current SFL teams to make up the numbers in the SPL.)

Edited by Jacksgranda

This has been asked before, and the answer was "No", can't remember the reasons why, but as far as I recall that was the reason.

(Also there was nothing to stop Celgers inviting in 10 current SFL teams to make up the numbers in the SPL.)

There was the idea that 10 SFL clubs would take the money and go for it as well as the fact you need to give two years notice to resign from the SPL which prevented this particular dream from going much further.

FFS this is sounding like a forum for menopausal women - moods swinging wildly from day to day. Get a grip chaps (or some HRT patches). As far as I can see the SPL chairman did exactly what you would have expected yesterday. Why give anyone connected to RFC the slightest opportunity to lay blame at their door. The correct thing to do is to let the administration take it's course then see where everyone stands.

Hey, instead of giving up football entirely, all the disinfranchised could put their support behind one team (like East Stirling or someone). With enough fans coming through the turnstiles and a massive boost in finances they could easily be challenging in the SPL in a few years. Having said that, Clach sounds do-able on a Saturday too.

I may have missed something here, in which case, I'm about to get whooshed...

... but why on earth would you go support Clachnacuddin as a protest against a Rangers Newco? Clachnacuddin are a Newco.