Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The saga should conclude shortly according to Archie McKeevins, who is again insisting liquidation is imminent and is none too amused by suggestions he's talking out of his hamper.

Enjoy your Olympics trip.. laugh.gif I think McKeevins and Phil Magobbler are each others only sources... blink.gif

These are the guys you mix with when you goto Rangers matches, personally if I was you Id be thinking although you love your club, why be associated with scumbags like this when you have a perfectly decent local team you could and support instead.

I don't want to be a Rangers apologist but to be fair, every team has it's share of idiots, most of which only turn up for the 'big' games but class themselves as fans nonetheless. In Rangers' case however, their fanbase has a higher scum / idiot %age because of the gloryhunter aspect - idiots seeking some sort of success in their own lives and so on.

If I wasn't being so blindingly optimistic about the whole situation I'd be gutted as next season will be the first season in many years that I would actually be able to get a ST due to no more weekend working. Were the very worst to happen, locally it would be the Livi Franchise Lions for me. That's an awful thought, so Pumphy Juniors I suppose.

depending on your location, maybe Livingston United juniors, then again Pumphy have a few pubs close to their ground

Anyone know if this is the same Leggo? The name of the victim suggests it is: http://www.heraldsco...attack-1.657374

The Herald is great for securing old stories: other papers wipe clear after a period of time.

Correct age for Leggatt, who is just into his sixties now. But Leggo the 'writer' is NOT the same Leggatt who got stuck in the toilets in the Aberdeen bowling club, contrary to that which some on here believe. I recall that Leggatt being a retired teacher.

Apparently, its more commonly referred to as a hive down

Absolutely nothing in there about the newco paying the "market value" for assets, quite the opposite in fact.

Evidently so. I'm really struggling to see how it is legal in that case, but I've put my question to MLM on their facebook, so hopefully they'll get back to me sometime. I suppose it is asset stripping, but legalised as liquidation for the oldco means liquidation for the incubator co. Presumably this is mere conjecture anyway as Whyte owns everything.

In terms of the assset values it was said that the £100m balance sheet valuation is irrelevant. Duff & Phelps will have had the assets independently valued already, but even that is only a guide. Ultimately they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them, the highest bidder, likely to be Bill Miller it would seem. Unless there is any evidence that on the open market they could get more for the assets. It was also said that the advantage of taking his offer is that the cash will be paid into the company with minimal selling costs, unlike trying to sell, for example, Ibrox on the open market.

But is the CVA arranged before Miller buys up the assets? How do they know what he is paying if it isn't linked to the balance sheet valuation or the D&P valuation?

depending on your location, maybe Livingston United juniors, then again Pumphy have a few pubs close to their ground

Pumphy are closer to where I'll be living next season, went to a few games when I used to live back there.

Pumphy are on their last legs at the moment, there was a meeting to discuss whether they could continue but I've not heard the outcome.

Acht, season ticket at Rugby Park when rangers die it is then :D

ETA: Bad news about Pumphy :( Assuming it's nothing to do with financial doping!

Edited by Jussy

The Herald is great for securing old stories: other papers wipe clear after a period of time.

Correct age for Leggatt, who is just into his sixties now. But Leggo the 'writer' is NOT the same Leggatt who got stuck in the toilets in the Aberdeen bowling club, contrary to that which some on here believe. I recall that Leggatt being a retired teacher.

I think you'll find that the FAST FADING Herald isn't great for anything, except hiring ODIOUS CREEP!

Shame he's not the same one who got stuck in the loos - that man described himself as the bowling club's "wine covnener" which sounds to me like a polite way of describing yourself as an alcoholic - a perfect DESCRIPTION of LEGGO!

That's a fair point but equally, are you happy to be associated with literally everyone who claims to be a St Mirren fan? I'm certainly not proud to be associated with all Linlithgow Rose fans. There are idiots in all supports at some level there needs to be a recognition that you're responsible for yourself and the actions of your fellow fans don't necessarily define you as a person.

I cant really think of any Saints fans who shame the club these days, we have some pretty feral looking fans that wouldnt look out of place on a travelling circus and a hardy bunch who are lunatics and see everything through black and white tinted specs, but they all in no way shame the club.

We're not that organised (fans of SPL clubs) that is. It's take one of the more organised fans groups to lead and only then..

Like the Tartan Army then.

No ticket sales, no replica shirts, no travel club. Nothing.

Isn't it about time we set these two big dogs on one another? The SFA handed out fair and proper punishment. The SPL continue to look for ways not to. Surely if we set them loose, and the SFA as ruling body have to report to UEFA and FIFA and the SPL don't. if we have SFA on the side of fans of all leagues demanding proper action and justice as the rules of each league state, then thats how to do it? They both have separate TV deals for the matches they cover.

Without player registration, which is held by the relevant national FA, no club/player can play in ANY associated and properly affiliated league ANYWHERE including boys football. There are rules even at that level. Surely then the SFA can refuse to acknowledge the existence of the SPL if they continue to move in the opposite direction from the national authority? It's drastic, but the mood on here is pretty much 'if they get in, I won't be back' Or am I misjudging things?

In terms of the assset values it was said that the £100m balance sheet valuation is irrelevant. Duff & Phelps will have had the assets independently valued already, but even that is only a guide. Ultimately they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them, the highest bidder, likely to be Bill Miller it would seem. Unless there is any evidence that on the open market they could get more for the assets. It was also said that the advantage of taking his offer is that the cash will be paid into the company with minimal selling costs, unlike trying to sell, for example, Ibrox on the open market.

One thing that was made perfectly clear by the Administrators when Airdrionians was liquidated (10 years ago to this day) was that handling a Football Club was totally different from administrating a commercial or manufacturing concern. Many of the processes that apply there cannot be used for a football club, mainly due to the rules and regulations applied by the league and/or association. For example it would be perfectly acceptable and commonplace for an engineering company in administration to be taken over by a rival company anywhere in the country or indeed the world, obviously that cannot be the case with a football club.

Evidently so. I'm really struggling to see how it is legal in that case, but I've put my question to MLM on their facebook, so hopefully they'll get back to me sometime. I suppose it is asset stripping, but legalised as liquidation for the oldco means liquidation for the incubator co. Presumably this is mere conjecture anyway as Whyte owns everything.

Not necessarily, or at least that wasnt my reading of it. Liquidation for the oldco means that whoever liquidates - presumably one or more of the creditors - owns all the shares in the newco. That wouldnt necessarily mean the newco would have to be liquidated ... I think!

But is the CVA arranged before Miller buys up the assets? How do they know what he is paying if it isn't linked to the balance sheet valuation or the D&P valuation?

As someone else said, the value of the assets is whatever someone is willing to pay for them. I think, its then up to D&P to convince the creditors that this is the highest value they could get.

Like the Tartan Army then.

No ticket sales, no replica shirts, no travel club. Nothing.

Isn't it about time we set these two big dogs on one another? The SFA handed out fair and proper punishment. The SPL continue to look for ways not to. Surely if we set them loose, and the SFA as ruling body have to report to UEFA and FIFA and the SPL don't. if we have SFA on the side of fans of all leagues demanding proper action and justice as the rules of each league state, then thats how to do it? They both have separate TV deals for the matches they cover.

Without player registration, which is held by the relevant national FA, no club/player can play in ANY associated and properly affiliated league ANYWHERE including boys football. There are rules even at that level. Surely then the SFA can refuse to acknowledge the existence of the SPL if they continue to move in the opposite direction from the national authority? It's drastic, but the mood on here is pretty much 'if they get in, I won't be back' Or am I misjudging things?

But if Doncaster is joining the SFA board, as his pal Hibee claims, then they won't be on the side of the fans for long either.