Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Anyone know what happens to the Newco if the creditors refuse the Oldco's CVA?

WTM had a go earlier but, while I agree with his interpretation, it raises as many questions as it answers!

True, but Ticketus might fancy paying £12M and leasing the facililties back to the Newco (for example....).

They obviously dont, otherwise they would have made an offer already.

I think, given that none of the creditors have made any noises about selling assets and none of them have petitioned to force D&P to do so, that we have to assume none of them are thinking along these lines.

On the football club front, Oldco is finished despite the platitudes from Duff & Phelps.

1. So Newco doesn't have an SPL share and my understanding is it cannot be transfered to a company.

2. Doesn't have players and the current Oldco squad cannot be transfered.

3. Doesn't have any history as a football club.

4. Doesn't have audited account for European requirements.

This is assuming Miller sticks around long enough after seeing the book's. I personally think he's just blew 500k.

Even if this is possible (I have my doubts) nothing will be complete by kickoff next season and I fully expect the whole mess to get bogged down in litigation for years while Rangers fester.

Happy Days!!!!!!!

1. Yes it can

2. Yes they can

3. Mute point. The fans will insist it does. As far as everyone else is concerned, its irrelevant

4. Correct. The newco wont be eligible for Europe for 3 years

Right not that we finally have preferred bidder day out of the way, can anyone give me approximate dates for when we are likely to see SPL roll over and take it up the arse day?

Depends how long it takes Chick and Billy to fluff up Uncle Bill's wanger, and Donkeymaster to lube up the board..

1. Yes it can

2. Yes they can

3. Mute point. The fans will insist it does. As far as everyone else is concerned, its irrelevant

Point 1, can you elaborate? As far as I understand it, the Newco is a company, not a football club who cannot acquire the share. The share can only go to an existing club. The same person cannot own two qualifying clubs ala Old and Newco even so.

On point 2, the SPFA have confirmed the contracts cannot be transfered, they are up for grabs to any other club. They can sign for who they like but might be thinking twice about signing for Govan FC.

1. Yes it can

2. Yes they can

Point 1, can you elaborate? As far as I understand it, the Newco is a company, not a football club who cannot acquire the share. The share can only go to an existing club. The same person cannot own two qualifying clubs ala Old and Newco even so.

On point 2, the SPFA have confirmed the contracts cannot be transfered, they are up for grabs to any other club. They can sign for who they like but might be thinking twice about signing for Govan FC.

...and on point 3: it's moot icon_rolleyes.gif

The SPL share can be transferred at the discretion of the SPL board. Define "existing" though. If the newco can obtain SFA membership, they become a "club". There is no way in hell Miller would have gone forward with this plan if he wasnt able to transfer the SPL share

Ok, we're kind of into semantics here a little. You said they "couldnt" be transferred. They can be transferred. What the SPFA said is they didnt automatically transfer.

Having said that, I believe the SPFA were talking, at the time, about a completely seperate newco. With Miller 'incubator' at force, I have no idea if TUPE rules would apply. Its possible they might