Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If Paul Clark for D&P is saying that Rangers have received 'assurances that they will remain in the league' and this is why Millers bid is now unconditional, then surely someone has to get Doncaster out in public right now to explain why, or better yet, get both of them on at the same time, just three days AFTER Donkey saying they couldn't give any such assurances on sanctions, and 3 days BEFORE the official vote takes place on Monday. I smell shite......

This is beginning to piss me off now, it's losing the hilarity factor completely mad.gif

Just so everyone is on the same page. Bill Miller is going to create (or have the administrator create) an incubator or more commonly known as a Hive Down company which he will then buy giving money to the creditors.

What is a hive down?
  • A hive down is a form of reorganisation of a company whereby a business or businesses are transferred to a subsidiary company. It is a common restructuring technique whereby the profitable parts of a business, or valuable assets of an existing company are transferred or hived down to a newly formed subsidiary of that company
  • It is the simplest possible form of company reconstruction. A company in formal insolvency proceedings will sell its business – for a monetary price or shares - to a wholly owned subsidiary which does not have the burden of the liabilities incurred by the original company. It is then possible for the new company to be transferred or sold to the creditors as part of a voluntary arrangement.
  • The old company will be left with its historical debt & the new company will have assets & a clean balance sheet.
  • As soon as the old company has completed its restructuring it will own all the shares in the new company. These will have been issued at a value which is representative of the shares which it transferred to the new subsidiary company.
  • The new company will be protected from the risks & liabilities of the original business following the hive down. This means that if the original company later goes into liquidation its creditors will have no claim on the assets of its new subsidiary.
  • There is less risk of the valuation regarding the transfer of assets to the new company from the old being challenged in a hive down than with other options, & this is one of the main advantages of using this process.
  • The main disadvantage of a hive down is that as the old company will remain a shareholder of the new, if the old company went in to liquidation, the liquidator would control that shareholding & thus also the new company.
  • The process of hive down is therefore mainly used as an interim measure in order to protect the major assets of the original company prior to their transfer either to a third party or another company belonging to the parent company owner/s. In effect it allows the ultimate purchaser to acquire a 'clean' company which does not come with any bad history or unforeseen risks & liabilities.
  • This method of reorganisation may also be used to preserve the benefit of trading losses in the original company.

http://www.spw-businessrescue.co.uk/hive-down.html

If any form of a Rangers Newco gets straight into the SPL I will never return to an Aberdeen match, I would like to think most supporters of other clubs will do the same. Scottish Football has died at the expense of the SPL dancing to the flute playing of Scotland's most bigoted institution who have been an embarrassment for this country since 1873, be that in the form of their long held sectarian signing policy, the behaviour of their players, the behaviour of those who support the club and most obviously their obvious contempt for the rules of the game. I cannot believe (or maybe I can) the extent to which the SPL has shifted the goalposts for Rangers. I am speechless and quite literally raging and verging on tears about this. It will be hard but I believe my days as a supporter of Scottish Football are dying and as a result I will no longer support the team I have done for as long as I remember. f**k the SPL, f**k Rangers and just f**k it all.

Thomson has it spot on

"Non Rangers fans sense a massive sell out in which the plc will end up liquidated, the taxpayer shafted, RFC in the Premier League with few big punishments and any kind of sporting morality out the window."

This is what will happen. We've known it from the start. To kill them as they deserve we would need the other 11 SPL Clubs and the SFA standing up and saying 'no fucking way'. That was unlikely but Celtic could have led the way but the minute that Lawell started backtracking on his initial cock waving 'we don't need Rangers' then the game was a bogey.

It is truly depressing. f**k the Old Firm.

Just so everyone is on the same page. Bill Miller is going to create (or have the administrator create) an incubator or more commonly known as a Hive Down company which he will then buy giving money to the creditors.

http://www.spw-busin.../hive-down.html

If I read that correctly, it's effectively allowing them to remain in admin without the normal admin restrictions.

It also means they can't just liquidate the oldco, or the whole thing is fckued.

Still far too dodgy for my liking though

Fans of the other clubs want Rangers to start from the bottom, because that's what would happen to any of our clubs in that situation.

Fans of Celtic just want a lame duck Rangers in the SPL so that they can thump them.

Pish. Demotion to the third is lenient, if you ask me. If a human being had stolen all that money, they'd be looking at years in prison, decades even. Give them the electric chair and have done with it.

Pish. Demotion to the third is lenient, if you ask me. If a human being had stolen all that money, they'd be looking at years in prison, decades even. Give them the electric chair and have done with it.

I find it highly amusing that the Celtic fans say "KILL THEM". While I believe the majority of them, as its a personal opinion, it is clear that your board are SHITTING themselves that Rangers are NOT in SPL. Talk about a conflict.

I find it highly amusing that the Celtic fans say "KILL THEM". While I believe the majority of them, as its a personal opinion, it is clear that your board are SHITTING themselves that Rangers are NOT in SPL. Talk about a conflict.

No doubt. I wouldn't want to be the Celtic exec who saved Rangers, though. Not unless I owned a heavily-defended compound in Mexico.

Rangers' administrators say they understand Bill Miller has been given assurances that the club will continue in the Scottish Premier League.

From the BBC website. I know someone else highlighted this in a previous post - but Doncaster simply must come out and make a statement on this. Someone is at it - either Doncaster, or Miller.

Doncaster should be shoved out on the telly immediately at 6pm with an electric cattle prod if necessary, to comment on this.