Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Some say they will but they won't, others say they won't but they will. Personally I think it would be disgraceful and if those 41 other clubs don't actually come together and say, "This is disgraceful." then there is absolutely no reason to continue as a paying customer. I couldn't in good conscience ever go back if Rangers are 'saved' purely for the financial interests of the league.

As an addendum, the only situation in which I could agree with Rangers being allowed immediate entry back into a Scottish league is after a total restructure, abolition of the SPL, and a full pyramid being put in place like any civilised footballing nation.

They will say they will.

But they won't.

And everyone knows this.

The SPL don't give a toss whether you go to the games or not. Football is no longer run for fans who attend games. As long as the SPL board get their wages from SKY and the clubs get their wee share, they'll continue to do whatever is necessary to keep some form of sh*t TV deal.

This stinks to high heaven, and i simply do notaccept that this Miller character is taking a blind punt on making a few quidwith what is, after all, an utter shambles of a business.

Yep. The Millers of this world do not gamble half a million pounds on anything. He knows the full story. All of the characters in this farce know the full story. Everyone involved in the Great Stitch Up of 2012 will be about 3 steps ahead of public knowledge.

Beep beep...the Obvious Outcome bus is zooming down the motorway at full speed. Next season's SPL fixtures will be finalised as soon as Dunfermline's relegation is confirmed.

Bloody hell. Tax avoidance? That`s fucking question avoidance!

Unconditional but that doesn't rule out conditions :lol:

Why do they keep saying that this deal will provide the biggest return for the creditors? If Murray Park and Ibrox are worth the supposed values in the accounts, surely selling them off at face value would provide a bigger return?

ETA - about fcuking time they had Douglas Fraser on!

Edited by Mark Connolly

Is it just the transfer of assets though? The administrators seem to be talking about transfer of the "assets" and "the football club" does that not effectively make it the transfer of a business as a going concern.

Surely though the 'goodwill' element of any name transfer involving the word 'Rangers' in the future IS covered in some way, as that is effectively an intangible asset just like intellectual property is? It's a branding thing which is what they are hoping to retain for commercial value.

EDIT: point above just confirmed by bloke on Sportsound

Edited by chrismcarab

If there is a Rangers Newco in the SPL next season then I'm done with Scottish football, what's the point if the league has about as much integrity as a junky's promise.

Me too. Next few weeks will determine if fitba is worth it or not.

Surely though the 'goodwill' element of any name transfer involving the word 'Rangers' in the future IS covered in some way, as that is effectively an intangible asset just like intellectual property is? It's a branding thing which is what they are hoping to retain for commercial value.

I'd love to know the value that Rangers put on goodwill towards the company. Anything north of 16p and I'd wet my under-crackers.

F#ck em. Even the "blueprints" Leeds and Palace suffered severe hardship in the lower reaches before and after they newco'd. They had to put mince they could actually afford onto the park.

If Tax Dodger FC 2012 carry on as normal next season onwards I'm done. I'll no be back to an spl game. Thats no empty threat as some suggest, it's a fact.

Better things to do.

Edited by FrugalNory

For those asking how Millar makes money here goes. For £11m, he gets all the assets - stadium, players the lot. He has none of the debt so doesn't care about that.

This stuff about the club's history matters not a jot to him. He makes it clear supporters either had "new" Rangers or no Rangers. But new Rangers will have all the principles and beliefs of the old Rangers. Now some diehards might walk away but most will reckon that a team playing at Ibrox in blue is worth watching so they will sign up and pick up from where they left off.

After a couple of years of trimming (having taken players over on agreed contacts until they run down to enforce the feeling of continuity), Rangers will be ready to return to European football. Bill makes it clear that to be successful there, they need to raise money so he floats the club and gives dad's the chance to buy into this now debt free concern. The club is being given back to its people. Brian Millar takes out a hefty wedge which nobody begrudges (see Fergus McCann) and sails off into the sunset.

Buying a debt free Rangers for £11m starts to look like a bargain because the football authorities will have taken the Rangers cock (and shilling). Other creditors will be fucked and overlooked in the midst of the euphoria at saving Rangers. Chick will say this is what he knew all along but couldn't say and many people on here will be doing something else in a saturday (but nobody will care because the next generation will soon fill the space)

Shite eh?

But given the changing societal attitudes over the years to slavery, votes for women, homosexuality, racism and countless other previously acceptable views, will future generations really buy into an "institution" founded on and fuelled by hatred? If so, the country, never mind the game, is fucked.

KTID

Miller can lower his bid.

That's according to the correspondent on Radio 5, (I didn't catch his name). Radio 5's spin on this was that the administrators, having named Miller as preferred bidder will now call on the Blue Knights, (who, as we all know, don't do walking away) to submit a higher offer than Miller. If no better bid is forthcoming, Miller would remain the sole bidder and could then decide to revise his offer downwards. So, he may not be risking £11M on Rangers after all.

Personally, I think we're still at the poker-playing stage: bluff and counter-bluff. I believe the administrators want to be a million miles away from Rangers, and from anything to do with Scottish football. They are so shell-shocked that they will do a deal with anyone, just anyone, who can hasten their departure back to England.

Such a strange administration! Agatha Christie wrote novels with less twists in the story - not as funny, though