Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers' over spending resulted in teams like Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Dundee United and the rest of the SPL to increase expenditure and get themselves in to debt. Each side is now paying for that debt by servicing their interest each year and can no longer compete at the level they did before hand.

For Rangers to emerge from this financial doping with no debt and the ability to start again while the rest of the SPL is servicing the debt they accumulated to keep up the competitiveness with Rangers in the 90s and early 00s is nothing short of disgusting.

Does anyone think one of the reasons the vote was delayed may be due to the current relegation battle ?

The clubs make up the SPL rules as they go. Hibs/Dunfermline position on this

could change. Why would hibs/Dunfermline vote till they know their position.

They may know this before the season ends and still have their SPL share and have a crucial advantage

of voting with their share and knowing their outcome.

They could suggest a rule such as

1. Any club that transfers its share to a new co is relegated at the end of the season in the place of the 12th club.

At that point they are given their SFA license and share and sent down as the relegated club. The

newly promoted club gets their SPL share and there is no relegation.

2. For the first 3 seasons if they return to the SPL they lose 50% of their SPL income

3. Any new co must repay every football debt before returning to SPL

They keep saying there is no rules to put them in the SFL well they could draft one and vote and that would be it.

They could also make an agreement with the SFL that a team is sent down 2 divisions or however many they

want.

Edited by RotWeissEssen

Rangers' over spending resulted in teams like Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Dundee United and the rest of the SPL to increase expenditure and get themselves in to debt. Each side is now paying for that debt by servicing their interest each year and can no longer compete at the level they did before hand.

For Rangers to emerge from this financial doping with no debt and the ability to start again while the rest of the SPL is servicing the debt they accumulated to keep up the competitiveness with Rangers in the 90s and early 00s is nothing short of disgusting.

Although I agree with your general point, the teams you mention never attempted to compete with Rangers on spending, only with each other..

According to Paul Clark of Duff&Phelps HMRC and Ticketus are in favour of Bill Miller's plans.

Video interview half way down page

HMRC would not comment on it to admin or anyone else, especially as the big case hasnt been settled, duff & phelps are pulling the usual stalling tacticts, give it a week and it will all be off again.

What they are proposing to do flys in the face of all HMRC and debt recovery guidance

I'm all for kicking Rangers but these clubs only have themselves to blame, other clubs lived within their means and weren't swayed by Rangers' actions.

Gonna be an interesting week or 2.

BIG BIG Gamble coming up for our chairmen.

Pretty much a punt on the money from a potential 2 Rangers visits and whatever value is added to the TV deal against whether their own support will be

forgive them for flushing Scottish football's integrity down the pan and not go back.

I reckon the loss of fans to each non OF team will be around the 20-25% mark (could be higher most polls I've seen are ~50/50 but I suspect some won't follow through)

If they go through with this not being able to see past the short term money I reckon it will finish several clubs longer term as that's a hell of a lot of lost support and even more down the line when they don't encourage friends and family. Only weakening themselves further against the very club that will have caused it and come away unscaithed....and will they care and help out when it's the next ones turn...hmmmm yeah.

BIG BIG Gamble. Do the right thing for our game's reputation

Can't believe after 37 years of following Saints that Saturday might be my last game.....feels like when we left Love Street but worse because you

know there isn't a new beginning to come.

Long time listener, first time caller............

Been reading the thread since the `people have to accept we`re special` speech. As someone who has held a ST at Firhill since before Billy Dodds played for us I`ve informed them that I`ll await the SPL decision on Newco before I renew for next season.

Makes no difference in the big scheme of things but the fundamental principle of all sport is that all competitors/teams at least nominally have the same chances of success or failure. The `special` speech from Sally which has never been questioned by the media and has only today been confirmed by Craigen shows this not to be the case. I`m not contributing to a league structure where some are officialy more equal than others.

I won`t even watch Scottish football on TV next season and will simply concentrate on the National Team and Betfair for my football fix. Anyone who knows me knows what a big deal this is (for me) but I will do walking away (see what I did there).

I wont b goin tae a game involving killie n rangers ever again. everythin is just fuked up, n the slimy rangers fans are rubbing their grubby paws the gether noo.

To be fair, I don't think the majority of Rangers fans will be. Seems to me they could at least put a bit of faith, sorry, better say 'trust' instead of 'faith', it's the OF after all.... anyway, they could put a bit of trust in Paul Murray because they knew him and his credentials as someone who 'knew the history', and actually cared about the footballing institution. Windy Miller is being eyed very suspiciously by the Rangers fans I think. Quite rightly too. The whole thing just reeks of Whyte Mk II, except Miller has some new angle to his involvement that none of us can quite work out yet. I suspect it has zero to do with the fact that he remembers Slim Jim and Jock Wallace, and is distraught at what might happen. There's got to be $$ in it for him somewhere, somehow.

Edited by pozbaird

I'm all for kicking Rangers but these clubs only have themselves to blame, other clubs lived within their means and weren't swayed by Rangers' actions.

The vast majority of killies debt OS due to building the hotel. Various problems with it.

The idea was the hotel to provide income for the football club and whilst it makes a profit and provides much needed cash flow (especially in summer) it doesn't make enough to clear the debt any time soon.

We have stlll.knocked over £4m off our debt in recent years by posting a profit.

Snivelling prick <_<

I appreciate the players views will be different from the fans because its their careers we are talking about and clubs would have to make cut backs without Rangers in the SPL.Craigan has disrespected every club ( including his employers ) and every single paying fan with that remark imo.

Seriously?

Yeah the media whore was on talksport earlier ( i know i know :rolleyes: ).

Ray Houghton cut off a United fan for having the audacity to say Rangers have cheated their way to titles over the years and should take the punishment handed to them.Houghton said they have already been punished enough with the 10 point deduction :wacko: . Don't know why they were talking about it when they don't have a clue whats going on up here.

The vast majority of killies debt OS due to building the hotel. Various problems with it.

The idea was the hotel to provide income for the football club and whilst it makes a profit and provides much needed cash flow (especially in summer) it doesn't make enough to clear the debt any time soon.

We have stlll.knocked over £4m off our debt in recent years by posting a profit.

Yeah fair enough didn't look too closely at the teams mentioned, I was basically commenting on the general point that Rangers were in some way to blame for other teams bad financial management.

Whyte is being treated as being far cleverer than he is.

Again, we have to come back to Maureen Leslie, who pointed out that Whyte NEVER appointed Haudit and Daudit as his administrators. It was a company called Menzies.

What Whyte didn't realise when he ran off to them to get the admin sorted in February with undue haste was that Menzies were due to be taken over by Haudit and Daudit, who were less than pleased to find themselves inheriting a business deal with someone they knew was as honest as a £7 note, but the terms of the takeover will have meant honouring all the existing business deals to their conclusion.

Cue the PR nightmare of the century for Haudit and Daudit, and explains why they've been ruffling Whyte's feathers so much despite being "his" administrators (and hence why they're going after the former Rangers Club Secretary so recently caught looking through St Mirren's books which he'd no right to do).

He in turn is in no position to sack them, fearing they might decide to help Mr Taxman (now he's no longer their client) with their investigations into what a naughty boy he's been. So long as they're making money out of all this, they couldn't care less about him or Rangers. Like Wilson Field Ltd with Gretna, it's all about the longer they can string it out and coin it in. Once the money streams for paying their fees stop, they'll stop, and Rangers with it.

My guess is the end will come when Haudit and Daudit start asking Miller for millions to keep the club "ticking over" (a common request by administrators to preferred bidders) during the close season, with most of it being their fees. Considering the pitiful size of the bid he's making for the company, that'll be the point he says "no way".

Duff and Phelps had bulletins relating to Rangers on their website prior to the administration. I posted the link on this very site.

Whether Whyte is the brains behind a sophisticated scam, I very much doubt, and he may well be a puppet, but I don't buy this notion that the administrators don't have clear links with him.

Also, when have D&P been 'ruffling Whyte's feathers'. Tokenistic at best, but more likely another ruse to deflect attention.

Edited by Drooper

Long time listener, first time caller............

Been reading the thread since the `people have to accept we`re special` speech. As someone who has held a ST at Firhill since before Billy Dodds played for us I`ve informed them that I`ll await the SPL decision on Newco before I renew for next season.

Makes no difference in the big scheme of things but the fundamental principle of all sport is that all competitors/teams at least nominally have the same chances of success or failure. The `special` speech from Sally which has never been questioned by the media and has only today been confirmed by Craigen shows this not to be the case. I`m not contributing to a league structure where some are officialy more equal than others.

I won`t even watch Scottish football on TV next season and will simply concentrate on the National Team and Betfair for my football fix. Anyone who knows me knows what a big deal this is (for me) but I will do walking away (see what I did there).

My sentiments exactly, same club too. Theleague structure will now be irrelevent if this goes through. Lets just close 40 teams and let the OF play each other week in week out for the telly money, cause thats all the SPL board seem to want. Close the grounds pay off the players so no overheads and the directors that vote for this can have pure profit with no outgoings.

This could kill football, i wont be back or will my family and most of my friends, Jags fans, Dons fans, Killie fans & even an airdrie fan, they worry about attendances now, in 6 months they would be able to play most of the games at glasgow green so someone walking past may watch

Be very careful board members so called short term gain could put you out of business earlier