Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Also, when have D&P been 'ruffling Whyte's feathers'. Tokenistic at best, but more likely another ruse to deflect attention.

Considering we are dealing Craigy the Whyte/Grey, Mordor and Orcs, 'Tolkenistic' would be more appropriate......

I appreciate the players views will be different from the fans because its their careers we are talking about and clubs would have to make cut backs without Rangers in the SPL.Craigan has disrespected every club ( including his employers ) and every single paying fan with that remark imo.

Yeah the media whore was on talksport earlier ( i know i know :rolleyes: ).

Ray Houghton cut off a United fan for having the audacity to say Rangers have cheated their way to titles over the years and should take the punishment handed to them.Houghton said they have already been punished enough with the 10 point deduction :wacko: . Don't know why they were talking about it when they don't have a clue whats going on up here.

that's the worrying thing, does anyone really know. I think there are so many parts to this held by a number of different people. it's like a group of toddlers with a shape ball. all of them have a piece and all of them are trying to put it in the wrong hole.

Although I agree with your general point, the teams you mention never attempted to compete with Rangers on spending, only with each other..

Yip, for 3rd, best of the rest as per my earlier post, but all the other clubs still competed for that position because of the european slot. And over spent accordingly against each other to achieve it. Hearts being the best example of this. Most non OF fans see that euro slot and third place as our clubs realistic and achievable goal when the season kicks off. To let Rangers back in the SPL and still retain any advantage, however small, in evolutionary terms to quote Darwin:

"can we doubt...that individuals having any advantage, however slight, over others, would have the best chance of surviving and procreating their kind?"

And the thought of the procreating their kind, in mentality, morality, nature and all that goes with it is, perhaps, the most sickening thought of all....be that in human or institutional form. huh.gif

Stephen Craigan the latest arse-licker to come out and support Rangers.

He said Rangers and Celtic deserve to be special cases because they bring more to the league than the rest of the teams.

They do though...bigotry, intimidation and corruption.

1336065079[/url]' post='6198954']

Stephen Craigan the latest arse-licker to come out and support Rangers.

He said Rangers and Celtic deserve to be special cases because they bring more to the league than the rest of the teams.

1336071480[/url]' post='6199256']

Snivelling p***k <_<

Was listening to the Craigan interview on the way home. The guy is a Motherwell legend and that won't change. However......I was ashamed that he is the Club Captain listening to him dribble on about the arse cheeks being 'special cases'. He is starting to carve out a career as a radio/TV pundit and is going to fit in nicely with the other media sycophants.

Poor show Stephen, poor show sad.gif

Rangers' over spending resulted in teams like Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Dundee United and the rest of the SPL to increase expenditure and get themselves in to debt. Each side is now paying for that debt by servicing their interest each year and can no longer compete at the level they did before hand.

For Rangers to emerge from this financial doping with no debt and the ability to start again while the rest of the SPL is servicing the debt they accumulated to keep up the competitiveness with Rangers in the 90s and early 00s is nothing short of disgusting.

Absolutely spot on.

"He waits; that's what he does.

And I tell you what: tick followed tock followed tick followed tock followed tick…

Ahab says, 'I don't care who you are, here's to your dream.'

The old sailors returned to the bar, 'Here's to you, Ahab!'

And the fat drummer hit the beat with all his heart.

Here's to waiting."

Edited by greyman

Well HibeeJibee, there is this wonderful invention found in many homes and in widescreens in the best (and not so good) pubs. They have games on them all the time, and often far better than the piss-poor punt and hoof version served up in grounds in Scotland. They also don't cost £20 plus to get in and watch every time, and are found in places that are warm and cosy and don't have alcohol bands and half-cooked pies.

There are also various junior clubs and East of Scotland clubs with more than decent enough grounds (Banks O'Dee, Edinburgh City, Gretna, Irvine Meadow, Linlithgow Rose, Sauchie, Spartans, Whitletts Victoria, etc) to give some people a choice of attending at least home matches in a reasonable enough setting to give them their "being there" fix - for a fraction of the price.

I'm well aware that people who do decide to stop going might become armchair/barstool fans, or go non-league... that was actually my point. What I seriously don't see happening is any meaningful % travelling south of the border each fortnight, or even particularly more regularly.

(In some respect TV in the pub is a rather odd protest choice in this scenario, though, given Sky-ESPN's existence would've been one of the reasons SPL chairmen sided with accomodation).

I appreciate the players views will be different from the fans because its their careers we are talking about and clubs would have to make cut backs without Rangers in the SPL.Craigan has disrespected every club ( including his employers ) and every single paying fan with that remark imo.

Yeah the media whore was on talksport earlier ( i know i know :rolleyes: ).

Ray Houghton cut off a United fan for having the audacity to say Rangers have cheated their way to titles over the years and should take the punishment handed to them.Houghton said they have already been punished enough with the 10 point deduction :wacko: . Don't know why they were talking about it when they don't have a clue whats going on up here.

Talksport have been a disgrace. Just an extension of the Record. Their 'updates' have been from Rangers apologist after Rangers apologist. I briefly caught a bit this morning from Stuart McCall about Motherwell qualifying for the Champions League. Needless to say, neither Motherwell nor the Champions League were mentioned.

I'm well aware that people who do decide to stop going might become armchair/barstool fans, or go non-league... that was actually my point. What I seriously don't see happening is any meaningful % travelling south of the border each fortnight, or even particularly more regularly.

(In some respect TV in the pub is a rather odd protest choice in this scenario, though, given Sky-ESPN's existence would've been one of the reasons SPL chairmen sided with accomodation).

As a long-time Newcastle United fan, I'll certainly be going down to St James Park maybe three times a season, the rest of the time will be spent on the golf course, or some other equally frustrating pastime - but one in which I at least don't feel as if I've been raped up the bahookey by Rangers FC the institution who must be saved no matter what.

The SFA have consistently told us how it would be a disaster for Scottish football if a few Under-23 players are allowed to play in the Olympics, and that they will not be dictated to by FIFA on the matter, yet it appears they will happily be dictated to by a guy who has never shown any interest in football, just because he wants to buy Rangers.

Well done SFA.

You've received 11 green dots for this, so it's obviously went down well, but have I missed something? Where have the SFA suggested they will "happily be dictated to" by Miller?

Alex thomson trying not to pish his pants live on telly

Absolutely BRILLIANT!

Alex Thompson report on this fiasco on C4 + 1 any minute.

laugh.gif Well worth the wait. Cheers Skudbook.. laugh.gif

"You don't sound entirely convinced, Alex?"

Edited by welshbairn

You've received 11 green dots for this, so it's obviously went down well, but have I missed something? Where have the SFA suggested they will "happily be dictated to" by Miller?

Reading between the lines with Miller's bid becoming "unconditional" all of a sudden.

Believe me when I say I will be delighted if I am wrong, but I won't be surprised if I'm not.

Pr*cks on RM

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=219050

Roumer: Whyte is now willing to sell his shares for 500k?

#1 user_green.pngMore than a fan

• av-9551.jpg
  • When i say neil lennon i just can't laugh enough!
  • starc.gif

• picture.png

• Group: True Blue
  • Rep: 247

Posted Today, 03:13 PM

He wasn't willing to sell them to TBKS or Bk but two hours later after Miller is announced Preferred bidder he's willing to flog them for 500k?

Even the Bears are asking "who the fcuk is Roumer?" What a plank!

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=219083

Was thinking about the sheer scale of possible new income if Bill Miller markets Rangers well in America . I was in New York recently and speaking to a few locals who were quite knowledgable about "soccer" in general and declared they thought the USA would be a world force within 10 years the way the sport is developing over there.

What they didn't seem to be readily aware of that the current USA captain plays for the famous Glasgow Rangers or does Edu. Now I'm thinking Jesus once Mr Miller starts advertising ( have you seem his present truck commercials) the world brand of RFC there must be millions and millions of untapped revenue . It's absolutely mind boggling if you think about the size of that nation !!

Just ask Man U and Liverpool how many tens of millions they are getting from the States.

They would have made even more millions by going with Bill Ng.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=219062

Bill's Our Man

RANGERS legend Sandy Jardine has encouraged all fans to get behind Bill Miller's bid to take over Rangers.

Jardinie spoke a length with the highly successful American businessman today and was impressed with what he had to say.

Administartors Duff and Phelps confirmed Mr Miller as preferred bidder this morning and Club Ambassador Jardine - who also plays a key role in the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund - is keen to reassure supporters.

Sandy commented: "I spoke to Bill at length this afternoon and took great comfort from what he had to say.

"I told him our supporters want honesty and transparency and I was impressed with what I was told.

"He wants to get Rangers Football Club back to good health and is eager for fans to have fun and enjoy their football.

"I know he is working extremely hard behind the scenes to conclude a deal as he wants to make the Club work.

"Our supporters don't know a lot about him but I was delighted with what he told me and he is clearly determined to get the Club back on track.

"Bill has also spoken to Ally McCoist today and outlined his plans to fix Rangers. I would encourage all supporters to get behind him and unite as he is stepping up and doing all he can to save our club and preserve its history.

"His plan does not involve liquidation, there is no doubt about that and I have to say I was left feeling very positive after our conversation."

One by one the sheep are falling into line. Let's face it, the shepherd has the greatest asset he could ever have.....his name is Billy. Mind you, so is mine but it didn't prevent me getting banned by RM. :lol:

Talksport have been a disgrace. Just an extension of the Record. Their 'updates' have been from Rangers apologist after Rangers apologist. I briefly caught a bit this morning from Stuart McCall about Motherwell qualifying for the Champions League. Needless to say, neither Motherwell nor the Champions League were mentioned.

Of course, it depends when you listen. Keith Jackson is normally on when Andy Gray is on, so it really is boys blue together. Today however, they gave up a large part of the Drive show (Adrian Durham and Ray Houghton) to Rangers, and I think I found myself agreeing with Adrian Durham for the very first time. Normally you get the feeling that what he comes out with is just nonsense to get a reaction, but today I got the feeling that he was genuinely thinking "they're trying to do WHAT? Wait a minute!". Which is of course, what most decent minded normal people are thinking.

I have to admit it, I was near seizure inducing rage listening to Ray Houghton and his nonsense earlier on. It seems to me that there are various arguments and reasons for getting rid of Rangers (or at the very least handing down punishments that can actually be construed as such), whereas the sole argument for keeping Rangers is "cos they're Rangers, cos they're special".