Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Windy didnae fancy the reaction of 'ra peepul' to what he knew he would have to do, that would be the cutting a £1 million per month of the wage bill then. http://www.scotsman....nment-1-2281854

They're making a great thing about the hate mail to take attention away from the most damning statement.

Adviser said Miller had backed off after discovering evidence of years of mismanagement

So this means that they now need a real billionaire to step in and save them though this is unlikely to get them past UEFA financial fair-play regulations. If they do a Man City on the SPL then the diddies deserve everything that is coming to them.

Follow Follow, the queue will be huge.

You'll be be right behind us (again) if it does happen.

Claudio Caniggia anyone? Part of the EBTs and double payments from both clubs?

Smiling now?

When this investigated your club will be in the mire as well.

tongue.gif

VDNsL.gif

Cosgrove I salute you. This needs to be heard by more people. Share the love everyone.

They have both gone up massively in my estimation over the last few weeks.

Used to listen to it years ago when I was a student, then laid off as Radio Shortbread's fitba coverage is so bloody awful. Been listening again for the last month or so and they are the only sane voices in the sea of mediocrity that is Radio Scotland. That diatribe against GS was just superb. Well done, Stuart Cosgrove. Cowan got a decent few digs in as well, although he does write for the Record, so marks deducted.

Just a thought - I assume in the interests of balance, the Record will be sending a hearse to Ibrokes tomorrow?

It's laughable that Miller is claiming he only just discovered the extent of the shambles that is Rangers. FFS, it's even more ridiculous than the claims that Murray hadn't the first idea that Craigy Whyte wasn't an entirely reputable operator.

Run a search on fucking Google!

More popcorn moments coming up. After Mark (followfollow GTF Bill Miller) Dingwall on Scotland Tonight we've got Bill Miller's spokesman Jon ( He's got nothing to do with Club 9 Sports) Pritchett, a member of the Club 9 Sports, who says Miller was driven away by the hostility of Rangers Fans..

There had been a few rumours that Miller was actually a catholic. Does the fact that he has suddenly pulled out before anything happened confirm this?

It's probably because Miller did what the Pope advises Catholics to do - before you've shot your load in, pull out at the last minute!

Follow Follow, the queue will be huge.

You'll be be right behind us (again) if it does happen.

Claudio Caniggia anyone? Part of the EBTs and double payments from both clubs?

Smiling now?

When this investigated your club will be in the mire as well.

tongue.gif

So say by some stretch of the imagination, Dundee are hit with a fine.

For one deal.

Your punishment will be around 50 times as much, for all the other dodgy transfers.

Look inwards. Your club is on the way out, and we all want blood.

... Poor Sally.

Don't laugh, but I do feel a bit for him. He never ever came over as one of the brightest people, but there he is being wheeled out by Haudit & Daudit to answer questions about things he really doesn't have a clue about.

Ach, dae a f**k, he's a clown and he wears clown shoes and smells of wee.

Explaining his decision to withdraw his interest in the Glasgow giants, Miller said in a statement released to Press Association Sport: "As soon as I was announced as preferred bidder for Rangers, my team began to press ahead with our due diligence.

"Until then, information had been limited to what was made available in the internet data room and questions addressed to the administrators and their staff.

"In addition, I had preliminary discussions with the Scottish footballing authorities and limited discussions with Ally McCoist.

"Upon being named preferred bidder, discussions with Rangers staff started and discussions with all interested parties intensified.

"We continued to work through the holiday weekend in order to meet a very compressed schedule.

"By late Monday night, it became clear to me that preliminary information, discussions and analysis were, unfortunately, more optimistic than reality.

"Having no intention of negatively affecting the potential outcome of the club's future and after hearing the message from Rangers supporters and fans loud and clear ("Yank go home!"), I notified the administrators today that I have withdrawn my bid for Rangers and will not be moving forward.

"I am deeply disappointed as I had considered the opportunity to bid for one of the most historic football clubs in the world, an honour and a privilege.

"I wish Rangers fans, supporters and employees my very best. I hope all your dreams and wishes come true. You certainly deserve it.

"I am most disappointed that I won't have the opportunity to walk into Ibrox Stadium on the day of an Old Firm match as my friends tell me the hair on my arm will stand up and I will never witness such passion and spirit at any sporting event.

"God Speed, Rangers!"

Jon Pritchett, chief executive of Club 9 Sports, tonight explained that Miller had discovered what he felt were years of mismanagement when he began his due diligence after being named preferred bidder on Thursday.

The American businessman also baulked in the face of "vitriolic" emails from fans who feared his newco plan would lead to the liquidation of the original club, and general uncertainty surrounding a number of issues.

These included the future of players, who might not have been obliged to join his new company, and as yet undecided sanctions from the Scottish Football Association and Scottish Premier League.

Club 9 Sports were initially involved in a consortium with Miller before announcing they had pulled out but Pritchett said he was still personally advising his friend, who made the bulk of his money in the tow-truck business.

Pritchett told Press Association Sport: "There were three contributing factors to his decision not to go forward.

"There are big legacy costs as a result of doing things poorly over a number of years, structural and commercial problems.

"It would be a hard time turning things around and implementing structural changes and discipline. Such changes would have made Bill very unpopular given the way things have operated.

"Even after Bill announced his austerity measures last week there were people within the club asking how much money was available to be spent. It would take a fairly large amount of money to keep it from dying."

Pritchett added: "The second factor is some of the contingency liabilities: are the players coming or going? What are the final decisions with regard to the SFA and SPL and sanctions?

"The third factor was more about the environment. It was a fairly inhospitable environment for Bill.

"He was getting hundreds of emails every day - vitriol and expletive-filled - saying 'Go home Yank'.

"Bill felt like it was a pretty unwelcoming environment. He would have had to do a lot of things that would make him less popular.

"With that combination of factors, Bill asked himself if it was really worth spending part of his children's inheritance on this. He decided this morning that it wasn't."

suicide-bear-didnt-even-leave-a-note.jpg

:D:D:D:D

Not trying to piss in anyone's porridge but, I would have thought buying Rangers would now be an appealling prospect, any potential buyers now know that SPL football is guaranteed and all this incubator stuff maintains history and wipes out the debt..........or am I wrong? confused smiley