Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Again, I wouldnt disagree with any of this, necessarily. But the questions still remains, why is this any different to in a franchise model? They still have leagues and prize money based on merit, but a draft system designed to try and promote competitiveness. And is that not, after all, what everyone wants? What the OF have been complaining about for years? What the other clubs have over spent trying to achieve? Is that not the argument against league expansion, that there would be too many "meaningless" fixtures?

Yeah, again I don't necessarily think it's inherently unfair or a non-starter, just that I see why football isn't like that, because ultimately the model we have isn't stand alone. :)

Maybe, but one of the best thing about this whole saga for me is that it has once and for all put to bed the lingering idea that certain, ahem, *skeptical* Celtic fans held that supporters of certain diddy teams contained a large number of bears without bus fare and were a Rangers Territorial reserve formation. Surely even the most paranoid Tim now has to acknowledge that almost to a man you were telling the truth all along and you really, really hate them just as much as you hate us. It will make it hard to make judgements unless a newly minted Motherwell fan has a badly covered over Rangers tattoo visble methinks. That SPL fan survey was pretty definitive.

On the draft thing, it's almost certainly illegal under EU law. The whole point of the draft is to give exclusive negotiating rights to a single club without the consent of the player. Under the current system youth players sign papers, but to work a draft has to force a player to either sign with one club or not play even though he is not under contract - I.e. exactly the Bosman situation which was ruled illegal. The US doesn't have this so the MLS can get away with a quasi draft.

Players arent forced to sign with the club that picks them in the NFL draft. Instances of them refusing to do so are rare, but its not unheard of.

I think you could get round that anyway. In the NFL the rookies salaries are, largely, determined by the round they were picked in. So, to get round EU employment laws, the players could remain as employees of the youth academy after being drafted, but registered to play for whichever club drafts them. Then after x years, this stops and they become free agents to sign for whoever they want.

David Whitehouse:

"On a core trading model, there isn't a cash deficit unless you invest in players or unless you assume that there's going to be a deterioration in gate receipts."

Wait a minute...are "players" not quite important to a football team.

This is getting sillier and sillier - latest nonesense article by the Daily Record:

Rangers in crisis: Ibrox administrators confident deal can be done by end of season

RANGERS' administrators maintain a deal to safeguard the future of the beleaguered club can be concluded by the end of the season.

Duff and Phelps are evaluating three offers for the Glasgow giants after American tycoon Bill Miller dramatically withdrew his offer on Tuesday.

Co-administrator David Whitehouse today claimed owner Craig Whyte has reached an agreement to transfer his shares to a UK-based consortium, a requirement for a Company Voluntary Arrangement.

Two of the three bidders are new to the process, according to Whitehouse.

He told the BBC: "It's certainly possible to get a deal done. I think whether we can say that is likely, we will be in a better position to say that tomorrow lunchtime.

"The structures of deals that are being discussed vary but all are working to a timetable that they have to be completed by the end of the season."

That is the biggest nonsense ever.

A CVA agreement has to be issued to all creditors, and they have time to respond with a yes or no to the agreement (believe the legal timescale is a minimum of 3 weeks).

Even if the get a bidder in this week and get the CVA offer issued on Monday then 3 weeks after that is Monday 4 June,

And that is working on a bidder coming in, getting their offer accepted, calculating what Haudit & Daudit get and getting the CVA offer out over the weekend. It is an insult to the intelligence that this wil be sorted before season ends - and that the journos of this country cannot ask a decent question of Haudit & Daudit makes me despair more and more every day.

Edited by MEADOWXI

Where were these guys when Whyte was the only sucker wanting to buy Rangers?

Now 1 year later the club is millions more in debt and been passed around like a cheap hooker they want in.

Yeah that all sounds legit to me.

i've tried asking this very questions to some of my colleagues of an "orc" persuasion but they seem to be having serious issues engaging in real world economics, and think every bidder dumb and dumber conjure up is their version of some arab/russian/american billionaire about to save the day.

Gretna were financially prudent when they first admitted to SFL3. They were 6th then 3rd in the first 2 seasons in Div 3. It all started to go wrong sometime after Mileson got involved. I have no idea when he first started his financial meltdown of the club.

To be fair, Mileson wasn't entirely to blame. Gretna has a chairman Ron McGregor and chief executive Graeme Muir that were completely out of their depth and allowed Mileson to do what he did, largely out of a bumpkin's notion "he must know what he's doing".

The death of former chairman Ian Dalgleish when they were in the 2nd Division also removed from them someone with the voice and experience who would have saw things were getting out of control when they were in the 1st Division and may have been someone that would have been listened to, particularly by the long servers like Rowan Alexander and Gavin Skelton whose word carried weight with those running the club.

Certainly creeps like Mick Wadsworth that has trainwrecked his way through dozens of clubs turning friend against friend would never had been allowed through the door, let alone a Lyle Lanley like Alistair "Alibi" Barron with his ludicrous "eco-stadium" plans, someone that like Duff & Phelps was a genius at running up bills with sod all to show for it.

As St Mirren's current manager Danny Lennon (who was head of youth development there) said, after the Scottish Cup final so-close, it was all but impossible for anyone to speak out about what was going on, and that someone like Alexander could be allowed to depart without people saying "wait a minute!" showed how much "living the dream" had become "living the acid trip".

The irony was of course, come 2008 and Gretna's fate, the biggest finger waggers of them all was a certain club that was managing to do the equivalent of thirty five Gretnas, and come 2012 would find the same ones that gloated over the "cheats" demise demanding that they should be spared no leeway to live. Only in Scotland!

Anyway, I've never been one to gloat over Gretna's fate. They were too Lorraine Kelly like. Rangers on the other hand are the Anne Robinson, and now they're the Weakest Link, it's goodbye!

As taken from a Facebook post

Jim Ballantyne (Airdrie Chairman) in directors box in belfast last night for **** v linfield wearing a rangers fighting fund badge he is president of sfl and serves on board of sfa whom will try and save his 'beloved club' but was in the same position when Livingston entered administration and liquidation and demanded they got dropped into Div 3 which happened but will he do the same to the ****?? get this spread .

Nice to see the President of the SFL being so impartial in this matter. Having played football with Ballantyne many moons ago, never once saw him wearing an Airdrie top, but he had every Rangers top going!!

Has this been clarified yet?

I only ask as I'm wondering if it was actually Ballantyne.

Linfield manager David Jeffrey:

1505193_w2.jpg

Airdrie chairman Jim Ballantyne

jim-ballantyne-879021876.jpg

Edited by jester

A CVA agreement has to be issued to all creditors, and they have time to respond with a yes or no to the agreement (believe the lega timescale is a minimum of 3 weeks).

Even if the get a bidder in this week and get the CVA offer issued on Monday then 3 weeks after that is Monday 4 June,

And that is working on a bidder coming in, getting their offer accepted, calculating what Haudit & Daudit get and getting the CVA offer out ofver the weekend. It is an insult to the intelligence that this wil be sorted before season ends - and that the journos of this country cannot ask a deceent question of Haudit & Daudit makes me despair more and more every day.

Quickest turnaround for a CVA is six weeks - 14 days notice for the first meeting/proposal, 28 days to consider appeals, cooling off etc. Even Duffman admitted (in so many words) one of the reasons as a CVA is difficult right now is this would require the proposed buyer to fund the club to the tune of seven figures during this time. And, unlike those in football, HMRC are pretty good at keeping their intentions quiet so unless the CVA bid involved serious cash which was very likely to be accepted, this is a massive gamble.

Ah, okay, you're right enough.

The fact the attempted murders failed due to incompetence will have eased any concerns Miller had about taking on RFC :rolleyes: .

What attempted murders?

That was thrown out at the start. They had no intention of killing Neil Lennon. It had nothing to do with incompetence.

Has this been clarified yet?

I only ask as I'm wondering if it was actually Ballantyne.

Linfield manager David Jeffrey:

1505193_w2.jpg

Airdrie chairman Jim Ballantyne

jim-ballantyne-879021876.jpg

I think you are onto something here

the-big-house-must-stay-open.jpg

Douglas Fraser ‏ @BBCDouglsFraser

Ticketus close to lodging legal claim against Craig Whyte, calling in £27m in personal guarantees for last year's #Rangers financing deal

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Interesting one that...probably not a huge surprise but would surely make it unlikely Whyte is agreeing to hand over his shares on the cheap until he knows the men with bats won't be knocking on his door.

Ticketus close to lodging legal claim against Craig Whyte, calling in £27m in personal guarantees for last year's #Rangers financing deal

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Interesting one that...probably not a huge surprise but would surely make it unlikely Whyte is agreeing to hand over his shares on the cheap until he knows the men with bats won't be knocking on his door.

http://twitter.com/#!/BBCDouglsFraser/status/200232011472977923

Quickest turnaround for a CVA is six weeks - 14 days notice for the first meeting/proposal, 28 days to consider appeals, cooling off etc. Even Duffman admitted (in so many words) one of the reasons as a CVA is difficult right now is this would require the proposed buyer to fund the club to the tune of seven figures during this time. And, unlike those in football, HMRC are pretty good at keeping their intentions quiet so unless the CVA bid involved serious cash which was very likely to be accepted, this is a massive gamble.

Thank you, knew there was a timetable set in law.

So 6 weeks from Monday is Monday 25 June. How can a journo not say to Haudit & Daudit then they spout their nonsense;

'Excuse but this cannot happen, this is the legal timetable'.

You have answered my question and filled in my half knowledge in 5mins and the papers will still be touting the all is good, lets go when we get the papers tomorrow.

Edited by MEADOWXI

The downside of Rangers going out of existence is that from now until eternity, Celtic fans will assume that all diddy club fans used to be Rangers fans and only started supporting Motherwell/Hearts/St Mirren/whoever in summer 2012.

I imagine the club that would benefit most would be Celtic themselves, gloryhunters arent going to accept being bottom feeders like Motherwell/Hearts/St Mirren/whoever, they will want success. More fans will change from Rangers to Celtic than any other club imo.

What attempted murders?

That was thrown out at the start. They had no intention of killing Neil Lennon. It had nothing to do with incompetence.

That Miller bloke is being more unreasonable by the minute.

Clearly the fantastic Rangers support had nothing to do with his decision not to get involved.

Your comment though about it being thrown out from the start shows two things: the police thought that was their intention, and the CPS thought they could prove it. The CPS being told they couldn't prove murderous intent doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Are you seriously saying that if this case was brought to Miller's attention (after the barrage of abuse from others of the group he was trying to help) that it wouldn't have made him think twice ... because the intent wasn't to actually kill?

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

That is interesting. I wonder if Ticketus could apply to have any assets Whyte might have (*sniggers*) seized pending the outcome of any legal process (much as Bain and others did with Rangers).

That would scupper Whyte's attempts to punt his shares to any new bidder. I'm still not convinced that this is how it is going to work anyway (see my earlier conspiracy theory about 30 pages ago).

A CVA agreement has to be issued to all creditors, and they have time to respond with a yes or no to the agreement (believe the legal timescale is a minimum of 3 weeks).

And that is working on a bidder coming in, getting their offer accepted, calculating what Haudit & Daudit get and getting the CVA offer out over the weekend. It is an insult to the intelligence that this wil be sorted before season ends - and that the journos of this country cannot ask a decent question of Haudit & Daudit makes me despair more and more every day.

Hence the Newco "Incubator" to keep the football business going while a CVA is sorted out? (I'm not suggesting a CVA is likely to be agreed, but that's the model Duffman's touting isn't it?)