Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Like the thought of the three bidders doing very sophisticated research into the situation though.

post-9889-0-02728300-1336598365_thumb.jp

Did they not also make reference to quantum something or other?

Perhaps Paulo Sergio, astro physicist extraordinaire, can translate for us mere mortals :blink:

ETA:

Quick check, and indeed they did:

You Say Quantum, I say WTF?

"The three main deciding factors for selection of the best bid are deliverability of the deal, quantum of a CVA and timing.

A quick Google of quantum and Rangers brought this up....

Haudit & Daudit....Super Heroes!

Edited by Drooper

Some facts

The SPL has the 7th highest top flight average attendance in Europe.

Average attendances in the SPL are bigger than the top flights of Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Norway, Austria, Denmark, Ukraine, Sweden, Greece, Romainia, Czech Rep.

If you exclude the Old Firm's average home gates, the SPL would still have a higher average gate than the top flights of Denmark, Sweden, Greece, Romania & Czech Rep (and on a par with Austria).

The Scottish First Division has higher average home gates than the top flights in Serbia, Slovakia, Finland, Croatia & Bulgaria.

The Scottish First Division has average gates which are more than 50% higher than the top flight in Ireland.

The Scottish Second Division has higher average gates than the top flights in Moldova, Lithuania, Latvia, Montenegro, Armenia & Georgia.

Been that long since I posted on here that I had to re register as have been reading this topic with bouts of laughter since February. Done so to say outstanding post Captain, that should be forwaded to all media outlets tomorrow, not that they will do anything with it mind you as it doesn't suit their agenda.

To also pick up further on what is above, below is a list of the countries where the SPL would have a higher average gates without the Ugly Sisters and the tournaments their national teams have qualified for since Scotland last did in 98.

Denmark - Euro 2000, WC 2002, Euro 2004, WC 2010, Euro 2012

Sweeden - Euro 2000, WC 2002, Euro 2004, WC 2006, Euro 2012

Greece - Euro 2004 (won it), Euro 2008, WC 2010, Euro 2012

Romania - Euro 2000,

Czech Republic - Euro 2000, Euro 2004, WC 2006, Euro 2008, Euro 2012

All but Romania have qualified regularly over the last 14 years. Whether or not it's relevant or not is open to debate but IMO certainley argues the point that are they really that beneficial for the good of the game.

Count me in.

I've become increasingly disenchanted with the game over the last few years, and have been hoping beyond reasonable expectation that radical change might occur that would, in turn, reignite my passion.

Getting shot of one of half of the OF would be very encouraging start, even if only for a few seasons, in order that the balance of power might shift a little.

In any event, I've enjoyed this thread immensely, and it is good to know that there are a few kindred spirits out there :)

Group hug?

No?

Bloody sod ye, then.

haha

I have only been to see my team maybe 3 or 4 times in the past 2 seasons. Before that i was a regular goer who got involved in all sorts of fan sorta stuff. I also did a lot of stuff with my team as a community worker that got us exposed to people that had never heard of ptfc. One of the particularly noteworthy thing i learned during that time was that there were not only young people from a BME background who had never heard of ptfc which you might expect, but that white working class young people from the southside of glasgow had never heard of partick thistle... anyways going on a tangent but suffice to say i had a fair bit of energies around being a fan... however, it was the proximity to my club, but more the greater realisation of the shitness of scottish football that made me throw the towel in in terms of the emotional involvement i put into that stuff. which led to where i am at now.

it would take a pretty monumentus change to get me back on board, and i can only speak for myself, i dont know what motivates other ex die hards, but for me personally if rangers were to be severly weakened preferably destroed allowing the potential for a redrawing of the power differentials, then im in..

Going down to see fcum and afc wimbledon has shown me, whaht is possible if you get fans on board, but unfortunately something like that can only really thrive in a better environement as it is in england. Maybe just maybe we have the opportunity to change the environment here, but equally also and probably more likely if rangers get in scot free then things are well and truly fucked and there is no way back..

Here's a thought.

With the BBC latest story that Tickedus are suing Whyte for £27 million, that means Tickedus's are not Rangers creditor Whyte is.

So taking that off the bill Rangers would only be between 10 & 20 million in debt, mostly to HMRC, which in the grand scale of things they should be able to muster at agreed payback terms, with there turnover and would not have had to go into admin. They could have mortgaged the ground for that value and paid it back over 20 years.

So either the BBC story is more spin, or perhaps the big tax bill may also be there but not made public yet (for possible public desorder reasons or whatever), or something else is in the background, or i've been awake to long and this is turning into an episode of the prisoner with all its bizarre going ons

Here's a thought.

With the BBC latest story that Tickedus are suing Whyte for £27 million, that means Tickedus's are not Rangers creditor Whyte is.

So taking that off the bill Rangers would only be between 10 & 20 million in debt, mostly to HMRC, which in the grand scale of things they should be able to muster at agreed payback terms, with there turnover and would not have had to go into admin. They could have mortgaged the ground for that value and paid it back over 20 years.

So either the BBC story is more spin, or perhaps the big tax bill may also be there but not made public yet (for possible public desorder reasons or whatever), or something else is in the background, or i've been awake to long and this is turning into an episode of the prisoner with all its bizarre going ons

To be honest mate, it sounds like you've spent too much time on this thread... as I have. Our brains are scrambled, we are reading too much into every little thing, and it is increasingly difficult to make sense of it all. Best thing to do is simply to wait and see what lunchtime tomorrow brings... for this is the latest deadline that the dynamic administration duo have brought to our attention.

Things should be clearer by lunchtime on Thursday they said.... if it isn't any clearer, then they'll need to set a new deadline for things to become clearer, after which, Neil Doncaster will be seeking clarity.

Now, take a tablet and relax. :)

The new SPL Anthem

Seems totally appropriate given the nonsensical Irish connection within Scottish football.

Think this would be appopriate for the closing sequence of any documentary as to where it all went wrong (or right).

haha

I have only been to see my team maybe 3 or 4 times in the past 2 seasons. Before that i was a regular goer who got involved in all sorts of fan sorta stuff. I also did a lot of stuff with my team as a community worker that got us exposed to people that had never heard of ptfc. One of the particularly noteworthy thing i learned during that time was that there were not only young people from a BME background who had never heard of ptfc which you might expect, but that white working class young people from the southside of glasgow had never heard of partick thistle... anyways going on a tangent but suffice to say i had a fair bit of energies around being a fan... however, it was the proximity to my club, but more the greater realisation of the shitness of scottish football that made me throw the towel in in terms of the emotional involvement i put into that stuff. which led to where i am at now.

it would take a pretty monumentus change to get me back on board, and i can only speak for myself, i dont know what motivates other ex die hards, but for me personally if rangers were to be severly weakened preferably destroed allowing the potential for a redrawing of the power differentials, then im in..

Going down to see fcum and afc wimbledon has shown me, whaht is possible if you get fans on board, but unfortunately something like that can only really thrive in a better environement as it is in england. Maybe just maybe we have the opportunity to change the environment here, but equally also and probably more likely if rangers get in scot free then things are well and truly fucked and there is no way back..

I'm out of greenies or you'd get one for that.

I can relate to a lot of what you say. Indeed, a few years ago as we were leaving Love Street, I was involved in a project led by a high profile poster on this very thread, to put a book together marking the last season and a half at our spiritual home. This was very much a labour of love, but didn't feel like a labour at all. It just seemed like the right thing to do, and we created something we're pretty proud of, TBH. It pains me, then, to think that I've lost much of that drive and passion. A great deal of that is attributable to the current state of the game in Scotland in general, and not any specific circumstances at St Mirren.

We need radical change. Nothing can be clearer, IMO. The chance has now presented itself, and I hope the diddies grasp it and force that change through. I don't think they will ever get a better chance, and this is what I told our chairman, Stewart Gilmour, during a 'phone call a few weeks ago. If the status quo remains in place, then I think my scunner level will have maxed out, and I'll be finished with senior football altogether. Fingers crossed it won't come to that.

I'm out of greenies or you'd get one for that.

I can relate to a lot of what you say. Indeed, a few years ago as we were leaving Love Street, I was involved in a project led by a high profile poster on this very thread, to put a book together marking the last season and a half at our spiritual home. This was very much a labour of love, but didn't feel like a labour at all. It just seemed like the right thing to do, and we created something we're pretty proud of, TBH. It pains me, then, to think that I've lost much of that drive and passion. A great deal of that is attributable to the current state of the game in Scotland in general, and not any specific circumstances at St Mirren.

We need radical change. Nothing can be clearer, IMO. The chance has now presented itself, and I hope the diddies grasp it and force that change through. I don't think they will ever get a better chance, and this is what I told our chairman, Stewart Gilmour, during a 'phone call a few weeks ago. If the status quo remains in place, then I think my scunner level will have maxed out, and I'll be finished with senior football altogether. Fingers crossed it won't come to that.

High profile poster... fcuk off. :P