Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

rangers fans just don't seem to get this do they. Kennedy and Blue Knights may well be the best bidders for Rangers long term, but their bids screw the creditors, and the creditors are all D&P care about.

Rangers media is a terrifying place. An hour ago they want to throw Kennedy to the dogs, he releases a statement and suddenly he is the saviour!

They're not taking the latest news well over on FF. It started with "it's a conspiracy, D&P are liars", moved onto "hang on, that only adds up to £1.5 mil", quickly changed to "you're all wrong, TBK will save us" which was quickly accepted and has recently turned to this which is being widely supported as the way forward...

As an aside, I can't recommend highly enough that you get signed up to FF before you miss their death (it takes a day or so for approval to view the boards). I'm enjoying the alternative insight it's giving me into their minds along with RM.

post-37903-0-57364800-1336854673_thumb.p

I asked several pages back if it is legal too sell a player to bankroll the club through the 3 months but i don't think anyone answered.

Another question is if the players wages for the month is higher than the money in the account do they release the players on June 1st because they can't honour June's pay?

Pretty much all of Europe's transfer window starts 1st July, so selling is not really an option.

I hadn't considered terminating contracts. Meaning zero money for their top players, brilliant.

Where are the bankrupt Rangers staying pre-game tonight? Gleneagles???

whyte.jpg

For a supporter of a club reputed to be over £30 million in debt being run buy a loony, I would be more concerned with my own club's hopeless plight than that of another.

Edited by sweenzo

Should they go for liquidation though, the BK's would have to bid for every item on their "wish list". I doubt they'd get them so cheap then.

They'd have to apply to the SFL/SFA for admittance with no infrastructure/tenure/staff & try to convince everybody, on the single pretense, that they hope to be able to attract 50k crowds.

The only Rangers with any prospect of being admitted would be Cove.

I know Kiddy, isn't it greatbiggrin.gif

They won't get a CVA and Newco in the SFL seems doomed before it get's off the ground, it's the football equivalent of checkmate.

They have the very small hope of a Newco in the SPL though dry.gif

I don't personally know a single Rangers fan who thinks Rangers should be readmitted to the SPL. .

That's so as they can be vindictive, not punished. Even at the very end the poison still flows.

Pretty much all of Europe's transfer window starts 1st July, so selling is not really an option.

I hadn't considered terminating contracts. Meaning zero money for their top players, brilliant.

I look around their squad and I find it hard to see who I'd want to add to add to United's squad, even on a free.

This was another unanswered question from me.

Is it possible to buy a player in May/June and just wait until July 1st to register or is the window specific to purchasing and not registering?

Edited by Gaz FFC

Any Rangers fan with a shred of dignity would now concede that the best they can hope for and expect is that they will be applying to enter the 3rd division next season. By Christ, if it were my club, that would be my position.

Put aside the arrogance, bluster, and delusion, and open your eyes. You might just earn a wee tiny bit of respect.

Have you read any that do not think that on here?? It is the only route to go if we are a Newco.

rangers fans just don't seem to get this do they. Kennedy and Blue Knights may well be the best bidders for Rangers long term, but their bids screw the creditors, and the creditors are all D&P care about.

Rangers media is a terrifying place. An hour ago they want to throw Kennedy to the dogs, he releases a statement and suddenly he is the saviour!

Some of them do:

I tried to buy a car today, the guy said it was £10k, I offered him £5,000, as long as he gave me back £3,000 straight away, and told him I would give him some of the rest when I won the Le Mans 24 hour rally, and that he needed to accept that I would be paying for petrol.

Odd that he didn't want to sell to me.

I look around their squad and I find it hard to see who I'd want to add to add to United's squad, even on a free.

Kirk Broadfoot would be an ideal replacement for the departing Gary Kenneth.

Edited by sweenzo

McGregor's wife. McGregor's wife's sister. McGregor's wife's sister's mate. That would do.

They're not taking the latest news well over on FF. It started with "it's a conspiracy, D&P are liars", moved onto "hang on, that only adds up to £1.5 mil", quickly changed to "you're all wrong, TBK will save us" which was quickly accepted and has recently turned to this which is being widely supported as the way forward...

As an aside, I can't recommend highly enough that you get signed up to FF before you miss their death (it takes a day or so for approval to view the boards). I'm enjoying the alternative insight it's giving me into their minds along with RM.

Aye, I got accepted last week (clue: when Killie players go bad), and I feel like a hibiscrub wash after every visit. I would find it surprising that now they're crawling into the light, police action isn't taken over their continual hate-filled bile. Any currants thinking Dingbat is the future should be sectioned.

Still pished after the jaunt to Fife, sorry JJ, ya w**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catch up later, are they deid yet?

Ayrshire Killie Champions lo lo lo lo

Ayrshire Killie |Champions lo lo lo lo lo

This was another unanswered question from me.

Is it possible to buy a player in May/June and just wait until July 1st to register or is the window specific to purchasing and not registering?

No, registration can only happen during the transfer windows. Pre-contracts can be set up but no money can be exchanged.

Still pished after the jaunt to Fife, sorry JJ, ya w**k!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!

Catch up later, are they deid yet?

Ayrshire Killie Champions lo lo lo lo

Ayrshire Killie |Champions lo lo lo lo lo

Wrong thread fuckwit.

Edited by DomDom

From the tribunal findings:

"There was no information about any other steps he took as director when matterswere plainly out of the control of the Board and information and accounts were kept secret from the Board. Similarly, Mr John McClelland and Mr John Greigresigned in October because they knew that they were being excluded and marginalised at the same time as they had great concerns for the governance of Rangers FC and were deeply suspicious of Mr Craig Whyte before and after hisacquisition of the majority shareholding from MIHL. Other than resignation therewas no eveidence that either of these directors took any steps with any person orauthority to do anything about what they knew was happening. Criticism might be levelled at these directors and others. "

"Mr Olverman as Financial Controller occupied a very senior role within Rangers FC and as a matter of admission he knewof the non payment of taxes and the somewhat strange practices and secrecywhich was the deliberate policy advanced by Mr Craig Whyte. Though it was nopart in the matter before us, and did not impact on our decision on the complaints which were before us, Mr Ken Olverman was also aware of an apparently unusual transaction involving Ticketus which had a substantial significance in the exercise of any fiduciary duty which he, as a senior officer of the company, owed towards the company, rather than owed towards Mr Craig Whyte."

This is powerful stuff. Accusing Rangers directors of not carrying out their legal responsibilities. I would imagine anyone accused of such activity would go to a lawyer immediately to either sue the people making the claim, or to start preparing their legal defence for the court. Olverman being a chartered accountant must be nervous about his future job prospects working as an accountant.

With David Murray in charge what came out from the tribunal report was that directors were frightened of pointing out to him anything other than what he wanted to hear.

So we waste our time blaming Craig Whyte, he was only the idiotic sideshow for a few months.

The fun will be around the pursuit of the above accusations through the courts, starting with David Murray and then all the rest of the directors at any time during his reign, one at a time. They were happy enough to take the money, but with that money and the legal title of director (you signed the papers after all) came responsibilities which you did not deliver.

So John Greig, Bain, McClelland, Paul Murray await the 6am chap on the door. The boys in blue will want a wee word.

Edited by thelegendthatis

Thread has grown about 35 pages and thus about 900 posts since I was last on yesterday afternoon at which point the SFA dossier was out, the Blue Knights were out-of-here, and this Charlie Green chap (the Green Knight perhaps?) had entered the building.

Could anyone who's been following proceedings fairly regularly over the last 24-36hrs sum-up if anything else of interest/relevance/hilarity has occurred?

Cheers.

The only Rangers with any prospect of being admitted would be Cove.

Cove Rangers will be obliged to sit the next application out, as they are moving to a new ground at Calder Park (not the old zoo site!), and the work has been delayed by pseudo-gypsies squatting on the site and being given permission by the city council to stay there until November. It will be a straight fight between Edinburgh City, Spartans and possibly Gretna.

The first and last are non-starts as there would be enough embarrassment for the beaks over the joint biggest club going bust after 20 years of fiddling without letting either one of two other past historical loony tunes back in, so it would be next to impossible for Spartans to blow it this time around, especially if the appeal panel on Wednesday gives Rangers another good kicking much to the delight of fans across Scotland.

Not that ulterior motives will in any way affect the judgement of the Spartans chairman on the panel much!

:lol:

Edited by WaffenThinMint