Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I remember this thread when it was all fun and laughter with hope and joy . Now look at it sad.gif

Hopefully tomorrow the panel of three will do the right thing and agree that the original punishment was correct, giving us plenty of ammunition to point and laugh at Rangers and everyone associated with them including all Rangers arse kissing journalists.

hillary-point-and-laugh.jpg?w=640

Livingston have written to the Scottish Football Association warning they may take legal action if the governing body fails to act upon Rangers' financial woes appropriately.

STV understands the First Division club have outlined they would pursue up to £1.2m in lost revenue for their relegation to the Third Division in 2009 if the SPL side are not dealt with in a similar manner.

The decision to demote Livingston, who were in administration but in the hands of prospective buyers, was made by the Scottish Football League prior to the start of the 2009/10 season.

A failed appeal to the SFL was followed up by a submission to the Scottish FA, who ruled the punishment was fair and reasonable.

The governing body’s judicial protocol was given a complete overhaul last year and insolvent clubs, as well as any appeals processes, are now handled in a different manner.

Nonetheless, Livingston believe a precedent was set in the judgement and have now stated they are monitoring how the Scottish FA are handling the Rangers situation, as uncertainty over the future of the club continues.

If prospective buyer Charles Green is unable to strike a deal with creditors to take the club forward via a CVA, it is possible the businessman will pursue a ‘newco’ route to ensure the club continues as part of a new company.

The move, which would be unprecedented in Scottish football, would require Scottish FA approval to go through if the new company wished to inherit Rangers’ membership of the body and could be subject to further sanctions.

Rangers have already been punished by both the Scottish Premier League and Scottish FA for being in administration, with the latter recently administering a 12-month registration embargo and fines reaching £160,000.

Rangers’ appeal against the Scottish FA’s sanctions, which were described as to have “struck a balance which was relevant to the mischief and proportionate to the breach” will be held on Wednesday.

The independent panel set up to consider the initial case against the club stated in their deliberations that "only match fixing in its various forms might be a more serious breach” than Rangers’ failure to pay tax contributions for employees, amongst other discrepancies.

Termination of Rangers’ membership to play football in Scotland was also considered at the time, something which was ruled to be “too severe” a punishment.

Both the Scottish FA and Livingston declined to comment on the letter.

that'll be Livingston added to the boycott list !

""The point is that there's a degree of reasonableness amongst our fans.""

If my club were in admin and potential liquidation (not an unreasonable prospect) would I expect a fans forum discussion on "warchest" for Broon next season vs. development project investment at Pittodrie?

Well after spending the last few weeks thoroughly amused by this thread, I thought it about time I signed up and said my piece.

Yes i'm one of those rare things in this thread a Rangers fan, no not one of the knuckle dragging orcs that demand the big hoose be saved etc etc but someone with a modicum of sense.

Personally speaking I would prefer to see us put down to Div 3. I think it would be a great thing for the club long term, We would be shot of all the high earning under achievers which have gotten us into our current state and we could go back to the best part of football. Developing your own players. it pains me to see the number of talented youngsters who have came through the Rangers youth system in the last few years only to find themselves released, or rotting away without playing time. A drop down the leagues would be a great excuse to go with a Home grown team, I see no reason why the youth at ibrox could not win the third division with ease. but enough of those ramblings i'll save them for another thread.

As much as i would prefer the Div 3 option I really doubt that it will happen, as previously mentioned in this thread the chairmen of the other clubs have their budgets set to include the current TV deal and I honestly think that the majority of SPL clubs outwith Celtic could not afford to drop a million pounds plus of revenue a season, so i can forsee rangers not getting the punishment that they should.

Whilst the blame seems to be squarely layed on the boogly eyed one, personally I hold David Murray responsible for all this mess. the horrific overspending, the dodgy tax loopholes and the selection of a crooked successor. I just hope that the blame gets layed at the appropriate doors once the dust settles. Im surprised that Duff and Duffer haven't went after Murray in a similar manner to what they are doing with Whytes Lawyers. Surely he must be held accountable for some of the mess.

Onwards and upwards though, and it seems we have a new shark, or school or sharks taking over. I honestly wonder what kind of people are getting involved with the club, As i cannot imagine that any of them have the best interests of the club at heart, and they are only out to either pick over the bones or get the club embroiled in some unknown dodgyness.

Well after spending the last few weeks thoroughly amused by this thread, I thought it about time I signed up and said my piece.

Yes i'm one of those rare things in this thread a Rangers fan, no not one of the knuckle dragging orcs that demand the big hoose be saved etc etc but someone with a modicum of sense.

Personally speaking I would prefer to see us put down to Div 3. I think it would be a great thing for the club long term, We would be shot of all the high earning under achievers which have gotten us into our current state and we could go back to the best part of football. Developing your own players. it pains me to see the number of talented youngsters who have came through the Rangers youth system in the last few years only to find themselves released, or rotting away without playing time. A drop down the leagues would be a great excuse to go with a Home grown team, I see no reason why the youth at ibrox could not win the third division with ease. but enough of those ramblings i'll save them for another thread.

As much as i would prefer the Div 3 option I really doubt that it will happen, as previously mentioned in this thread the chairmen of the other clubs have their budgets set to include the current TV deal and I honestly think that the majority of SPL clubs outwith Celtic could not afford to drop a million pounds plus of revenue a season, so i can forsee rangers not getting the punishment that they should.

Whilst the blame seems to be squarely layed on the boogly eyed one, personally I hold David Murray responsible for all this mess. the horrific overspending, the dodgy tax loopholes and the selection of a crooked successor. I just hope that the blame gets layed at the appropriate doors once the dust settles. Im surprised that Duff and Duffer haven't went after Murray in a similar manner to what they are doing with Whytes Lawyers. Surely he must be held accountable for some of the mess.

Onwards and upwards though, and it seems we have a new shark, or school or sharks taking over. I honestly wonder what kind of people are getting involved with the club, As i cannot imagine that any of them have the best interests of the club at heart, and they are only out to either pick over the bones or get the club embroiled in some unknown dodgyness.

Doing so well up to the point where you couldn't help churning out this old myth.

Livingston have written to the Scottish Football Association warning they may take legal action if the governing body fails to act upon Rangers' financial woes appropriately.

STV understands the First Division club have outlined they would pursue up to £1.2m in lost revenue for their relegation to the Third Division in 2009 if the SPL side are not dealt with in a similar manner.

The decision to demote Livingston, who were in administration but in the hands of prospective buyers, was made by the Scottish Football League prior to the start of the 2009/10 season.

A failed appeal to the SFL was followed up by a submission to the Scottish FA, who ruled the punishment was fair and reasonable.

The governing body's judicial protocol was given a complete overhaul last year and insolvent clubs, as well as any appeals processes, are now handled in a different manner.

Nonetheless, Livingston believe a precedent was set in the judgement and have now stated they are monitoring how the Scottish FA are handling the Rangers situation, as uncertainty over the future of the club continues.

If prospective buyer Charles Green is unable to strike a deal with creditors to take the club forward via a CVA, it is possible the businessman will pursue a 'newco' route to ensure the club continues as part of a new company.

The move, which would be unprecedented in Scottish football, would require Scottish FA approval to go through if the new company wished to inherit Rangers' membership of the body and could be subject to further sanctions.

Rangers have already been punished by both the Scottish Premier League and Scottish FA for being in administration, with the latter recently administering a 12-month registration embargo and fines reaching £160,000.

Rangers' appeal against the Scottish FA's sanctions, which were described as to have "struck a balance which was relevant to the mischief and proportionate to the breach" will be held on Wednesday.

The independent panel set up to consider the initial case against the club stated in their deliberations that "only match fixing in its various forms might be a more serious breach" than Rangers' failure to pay tax contributions for employees, amongst other discrepancies.

Termination of Rangers' membership to play football in Scotland was also considered at the time, something which was ruled to be "too severe" a punishment.

Both the Scottish FA and Livingston declined to comment on the letter.

that'll be Livingston added to the boycott list !

More weegia shite. They were punished by the SFA for a few things but being in admin is not one of them.

Edited by Fasda

I've never heard anyone say we can retain all the current squad. In fact I've heard/read fans saying more like "which high-earners can we offload to balance the books?"

Obviously there are 'senior' players we'd like to retain. Aluko, Naismith and Bocanegra are top of the list.

Edu, Goian, Whittaker and Lafferty are high-earners that many fans would ditch. Davis divides opinion.

The point is that there's a degree of reasonableness amongst our fans. (bet you've never read that sentence before) and we know we have to cut costs.

The thing is, without CL/Europa League cash or a large slice of the SPL TV revenue, the players you would like to keep are still beyond you.

Obviously you get far bigger crowds than the rest of the SPL (Celtic aside) but your running costs are huge for Ibrox, Murray Park etc, plus there is no guarantee that your merchandising sales will not see a significant drop as the results deteriorate.

I know this is all new to Rangers fans but take a look at the rest of the SPL, there is NO money outside of the top 2 because of the 'share' agreement you and Celtic forced through........................................so if you finish 6th for example, you will be skint due to the very rules your club has helped enforce.

Welcome to the SPL.........................can you see why the rest of us hate it?

Damn, I had every intention of referring to you as 'roaster' in an infantile, playground stylee but this is actually a reasonable post (aside from the estimate of TV revenue loss for the other SPL clubs in the event of Rangers going ta ta - not at all sure where you got that from).

Boo! :angry:

I really hope it's true, it'd be fucking hilarious if we somehow managed to take them down. Although I doubt we've actually sent a letter.

It's good from the POV of mixing things up a bit, but Livingston wouldn't have a leg to stand on over this.

People like this:

bond_villain.jpg

dr-evil.jpg

joker.jpg?w=640

hannibal-lecter1.jpg

Edited by Gaspode

Doing so well up to the point where you couldn't help churning out this old myth.

Hardly a myth, Take Motherwell as a prime example, Expenditure on wages £1.8million a season, TV income north of a million. Doesnt take a genius to figure out that if you find yourself with a 7 figure black hole in your budget for the season your going to find yourself in difficulty. A majority of SPL clubs are scraping by atm. And yes the argument is there that clubs would be fine, every single SPL club will notice the loss of the current TV deal as well as 2 full houses at home a season. I can honestly see Celtic looking to carve out their own TV deal if Rangers were no longer involved in the SPL by whatever means. and tbh i wouldnt blame them one bit, this would leave the other 11 clubs offering a tv deal that is neither desirable or to be fair worth very much. Squads would have to be decimated costs cut and generally bad things would happen to clubs in terms of funding.

I've seen the arguments that attendances would rise at some clubs due to their being more to play for (second CL spot) but very few chairmen would be willing to gamble on that. most willl be happy with the status quo, and a guaranteed figure on the balance sheet

I think the most likely outcome in all of this is that the 11 clubs will vote to keep my cheating mob in the SPL but impose heavy sanctions on them, although the court threat from Livi could be an interesting spanner in the works

Hardly a myth, Take Motherwell as a prime example, Expenditure on wages £1.8million a season, TV income north of a million. Doesnt take a genius to figure out that if you find yourself with a 7 figure black hole in your budget for the season your going to find yourself in difficulty. A majority of SPL clubs are scraping by atm. And yes the argument is there that clubs would be fine, every single SPL club will notice the loss of the current TV deal as well as 2 full houses at home a season. I can honestly see Celtic looking to carve out their own TV deal if Rangers were no longer involved in the SPL by whatever means. and tbh i wouldnt blame them one bit, this would leave the other 11 clubs offering a tv deal that is neither desirable or to be fair worth very much. Squads would have to be decimated costs cut and generally bad things would happen to clubs in terms of funding.

I've seen the arguments that attendances would rise at some clubs due to their being more to play for (second CL spot) but very few chairmen would be willing to gamble on that. most willl be happy with the status quo, and a guaranteed figure on the balance sheet

I think the most likely outcome in all of this is that the 11 clubs will vote to keep my cheating mob in the SPL but impose heavy sanctions on them, although the court threat from Livi could be an interesting spanner in the works

Genuine question, where does the upward of £1M per annum per club come from?

Not strictly correct they did receive a 10 point deduction from SPL ( admittedly not much of a punishment).

My comment is strictly correct. I edited it to SFA! I'm such a slapper I could do the books for the Geen mannie.

The myth is;

1. There would be a significant loss in income. Source please?

2. There would be no other increases in income. Better fitba, competition etc. (Dare I say no/less bigotshite.)

3. Even if there is a loss, that's what we live with. We cut our cloth to suit...like you should have done.

4. Even without the OF (aye, both of them) fitba goes on. Have you never noticed that?

Take a bit more time and read back. It's all in here, expressed a lot better by smarter guys than me. No-one is indispensable min.

It's good from the POV of mixing things up a bit, but Livingston wouldn't have a leg to stand on over this.

This. I've been over onto LiviLions a couple of times and still haven't come to understood what the actual grounds would be let alone why they'd do a Sion.

More weegia shite. They were punished by the SFA for a few things but being in admin is not one of them.

Actually £50k of the fine was for entering admin IIRC.

Too many worriers that the Gers will get a CVA for the list of creditors.

We all know the BTC is finally going to send them over the cliff.

If they survive as a newco in the SPL and then sing chants about "WE GOT AWAY WITH IT" them SHAME ON THEM.

They'd be celebrating some schools had to close,hospital wards and A&E got shut down,people lost their public sector jobs ie nurses doctors and so on.

They will be forever TAINTED with DURTY ROTTEN TAX DODGING CHEATERS even in the 3rd division.

I would feel better if the Gers fans held up banners with "WE ARE SORRY FOR OUR OWNERS WRONG DOINGS" instead of the "LET US OFF OR ELSE SUFFER"