Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just noticed Green's comments in the Herald;

Charles Green: "Our group went into the purchase of the club with this sanction in place but we hoped the decision would at least be commuted. We fully support the club as it considers an appeal."

Why is a 'supporter' of the club attending the appeal hearing ? It seems that he doesn't even need to have taken over the club to be allowed to represent the club ?

Curiouser and curiouser.

I don't think he attended the appeal hearing, some journo tweeted it was him but later tweeted he was mistaken. Green has reportedly bought Whyte's 85% shareholding so he would be the new owner/majority shareholder of the club although he cannot take charge until he puts up the cash to get them out of administration.

Then you can't have met Mr. Muckle Flugga or his old Papa, Westray!

Now that was a flight of fancy only a couple of minutes...:D

Can bears swim? Stick 'em on some small island like Sicily see how they go.

lost souls still buying season books for the milk isle

standing calling everyone who buys semi skimmed a *****

I can picture it now...

"Hello! Hello! We are the Billy Bs,

Hello! Hello! We're gonnae buy some cheese,

We're up to our knees in Friesian milk,

Full fat and pasteurised!

For we are the UHT Billy Boys!"

Charles Green and the Mysterious Twenty

I've got all their albums.

I remember a group called ? and The Mysterians, played a song called "96 tears". Mibbe he's linked to them.

Then again, there was a programme on telly called Captain Scarlet when I was wee (his mates were all called after colours) puppets wi strings, it had a horde of aliens in it called The Mysterons.hehhhhhh, this is all gettin too spooky .....Ladies and Gentlemen I present you with the SOLUTION, Captain Whyte, Captain Green, and The Mysterons, they're all having their strings pulled by some guy called Anderson... Lyle Anderson? Viv Anderson? Jist Anderson (Man. U.) ? See me, see conspiracy theories.

Edited by Happy Buddie

We considered officially changing our name to Perth St Johnstone as our early European venture saw foreign peeps looking at maps and assuming we came from the weegie enclave of Johnstone.

Johnstone > Perth.

Folk in other lands also refer to Glasgow Rangers for this exact reason. T

hen again some of them are still trying to find Inverness on the map - they assume it is somewhere in the central belt as that is the centre of the universe.

My Australian wife could never understand how the Central Belt is entirely Central when visiting her in-laws in Wester Ross.

Is that why East Fife have Scotland on their crest? Some earlier European foray...:P

Our bairns will tell stories of a place called Mordor but call it Ibrox and say that it stood where that green ASDA now stands.

Game of Thrones?

Was a bit underwhelmed when I heard the news this morning, I also hoped they'd get increased punishment but I suppose it's the second best outcome.

Oh and they are appealing the appeal - but I'm sure that has been covered in the 40 odd pages I've missed. RM is outstanding these days, how can people with such few capabilities be so arrogant? Gives arrogance a bad name IMO.

I'm sure some character known as bennet (or is it bunnet) came on to issue a blood-curdlingly terrifying threat of disruption to the cup final on Saturday :o

Forgot about that Tosser. He seriously needs to speak to someone as he quite obviously has lots of issues.

sam.jpg

I remember a group called ? and The Mysterons, played a song called "96 tears". Mibbe he's linked to them.

I hope they consulted all of the Hillsborough groups before releasing that.

1337259624[/url]' post='6246417']

Stick 'Rangers' into google and you get the NHL side from New York.

And Readings' improbable run to the top of the Championship meant #RFC tags led to half screaming Orks and half happy Majedski Stadium folks on the feed. And the Texas Rangers are jut settling into the baseball season.

They really have to come up with a distinctive search and social media optimized name for the newco.

The NHL side, by the way, is a horrifically financially bloated monster with the second most unpleasant fans in the league. And they play n blue.

They're expanding into Asia remember. This time next year you'll look out the window and there'll be Newco Ranjurs strips everywhere.

only because the herberts that live there will be making them in the sweatshops for their 4p a day, and fetching the duff 'uns that fail "quality control" home to use as dishcloths (or worse)...

Johnstone > Perth.

Sorry, but Johnstone is not even in the same league as Perth, and anyone suggesting otherwise I'll wager has never travelled further than a 20 mile circumference in their lives.

The former is a crappy increasingly dilapidated dumping ground for mutant beings from across Renfrewshire as the old council house schemes are systematically metal shuttered and bulldozed for more private housing "little boxes" cul-de-sacs, and the people are straight out of "The House With The Green Shutters".

The latter is a vibrant beautiful little city in breathtaking countryside, boasting some of the friendliest people around (don't take some of the St Johnstone fans here as anything resembling a snapshot), and fastidiously clean.

I hope they consulted all of the Hillsborough groups before releasing that.

hey, that's a wee bit below the navel.

But there'll be a lot mair than 96 million tears coming oot o' Govan shortly, it's bad enough as it is just now. The Clyde'll be carrying that much salty watter, they'll have to issue flood warnings for Yoker and Clydebank.

The English's almost total ignorance of any Scottish always raises a chuckle and gives me much wind up material living in Englandshire. Watch any tv quiz and even the most simple question about Scotland has the contestant's eye's glazing over at the degree of difficulty they face trying to work out such as which town St Andrew's University is in.

Let's be honest - we don't help by being total WUMs when naming new places.

East and West Kilbride, anyone?

Sorry, but Johnstone is not even in the same league as Perth, and anyone suggesting otherwise I'll wager has never travelled further than a 20 mile circumference in their lives.

The former is a crappy increasingly dilapidated dumping ground for mutant beings from across Renfrewshire as the old council house schemes are systematically metal shuttered and bulldozed for more private housing "little boxes" cul-de-sacs, and the people are straight out of "The House With The Green Shutters".

The latter is a vibrant beautiful little city in breathtaking countryside, boasting some of the friendliest people around (don't take some of the St Johnstone fans here as anything resembling a snapshot), and fastidiously clean.

I knew a girl from Perth who was incredibly dirty. However I still found the place idyllic. ;)

I remember a group called ? and The Mysterians, played a song called "96 tears". Mibbe he's linked to them.

Then again, there was a programme on telly called Captain Scarlet when I was wee (his mates were all called after colours) puppets wi strings, it had a horde of aliens in it called The Mysterons.hehhhhhh, this is all gettin too spooky .....Ladies and Gentlemen I present you with the SOLUTION, Captain Whyte, Captain Green, and The Mysterons, they're all having their strings pulled by some guy called Anderson... Lyle Anderson? Viv Anderson? Jist Anderson (Man. U.) ? See me, see conspiracy theories.

Great song with some appropriate lyrics........

I'm way down here

Wonderin' how

I'm gonna get you

But I know now

I'll just cry, cry, I'll just cry