Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Uddybear

Davie Weir

Group:Loyal Bluenose

Topics:0

Rep:0

Posted Today, 10:37 AM

Telt the wife to pick another supermarket as we're no going to tesco's. That's £60 a week their no getting.

I want an apology from all that have struck this great team.

What have Tesco's done directly to Rangers again?

I'm sure that Murray won't be apologising for anything.

Bit of caution needed with that phone-hacking story, I reckon. Sounds suspiciously like the News of the World story, could just be some walloper on KDS speculating, getting turned into a fact.

That said, pretty much all of the allegations swirling around Ibrox have turned out to be true - non-payment of tax, dual contracts etc. If it turned out Minty was having journalists bumped off, I wouldn't be 100% surprised.

fergus mccann with a mobile aye right :lol:u get some crackers on here ,pipe and slippers fergus :D

Nice people over at RM

TheAlukoMan

Posted Today, 11:12 AM

Still say we should have worked out all the small creditors and paid off everybody below a certain amount to the full value of the pot.

Its the small creditors that will lose out big style on this 00000042.gif

kplfishtank

• Group: Moderator

Posted Today, 11:17 AM

i actually agreed with this until i spoke to a small creditor who said to me "i cant complain as ive made good money from the gers for many years"

so what im saying is f**k them :D

So this fvcking twat who is a Moderator reckons that somebody who happily supplied a service to RFC while being paid for it deserves to lose money because he should have been doing it for nothing for all these years.

Check out the site. The Moderators are the biggest cnuts that ever discovered the internet. I hope they cry themselves to death by dehydration the day that their fvcking disgrace of a club dies. The idea that I may have breathed recycled air from them totally disgusts me. :angry:

1337431208[/url]' post='6252531']

Errr....naw actually.

My good wife works in anti-money laundering for **cough** a private banking arm of a well known bank wink.gif

ALL financial transactions are subject to scrutiny, depending on certain criteria. There are not necessarily financial thresholds - it's mostly (but not exclusively) about the funding and its' traceability, frequency of transfer as well as source and destination.....

HTHcool.gif

Fair point, although deposits and transfers rather than paying off existing loans to the institution offer more scope for abuse.

However, here Lloyd's knew the money was coming from the escrow account of a reputable solicitor and was identified as retiring the debt in connection with a facially vlalid acquisition by Whyte. The level of due diligence required to find out Whyte was a bad 'un, while in retrospect not high, seems well above what would be required for Lloyd's. Whyte wasn't on an OFAC red list or equivalent. I'm also hesitant o take Leggos account of the GM at face value so I think it's entirely possible hat someone at Lloyd's did discover the money came from Ticketus -which wouldn't be an issue from an Laundering perpspective since they are an identifiable and legitimate investment vehicle. The goal of laundering laws is to prevent criminal and terrorist finances fom entering the banking system, not to prevent naughty people from buying companies.

Would be genuinely interested if you think to the contrary with more exposure to this.

its the reframing themselves as "fellow diddy team fans" by celtic fans that particularly irks me...

Indeed. They'll be back to their sneering, arrogant best on other threads soon enough.

I just saw the article in today's Daily Ranger. They're at it again, talking-up this whole load of cobblers. "We're good enough to win the SPL if we keep our star players". Give the DR journos one peep of blue sky and they're back to being Masters of the Universe. Just at what point does a journalist say to the interviewee "Sorry, you're talking keich, in all honesty I can't print this mince"?

Hypothetical, as we've never reached that point ;)

i missed this thread for approximately a week for the same reason and now im passed the point of being able to read it all. kinda annoyed cause i pretty much managed to read it all the way from page 1 to 1000

WpLj9.jpg

Fair point, although deposits and transfers rather than paying off existing loans to the institution offer more scope for abuse.

However, here Lloyd's knew the money was coming from the escrow account of a reputable solicitor and was identified as retiring the debt in connection with a facially vlalid acquisition by Whyte. The level of due diligence required to find out Whyte was a bad 'un, while in retrospect not high, seems well above what would be required for Lloyd's. Whyte wasn't on an OFAC red list or equivalent. I'm also hesitant o take Leggos account of the GM at face value so I think it's entirely possible hat someone at Lloyd's did discover the money came from Ticketus -which wouldn't be an issue from an Laundering perpspective since they are an identifiable and legitimate investment vehicle. The goal of laundering laws is to prevent criminal and terrorist finances fom entering the banking system, not to prevent naughty people from buying companies.

Would be genuinely interested if you think to the contrary with more exposure to this.

Don't let the FSA hear you say that biggrin.gif !

Acquiring a business (or anything for that matter) with fraudulently sourced finance is a crime. AML procedures could and should be able to track this sort of stuff - however Lloyds have been fined considerable sums by the FSA already for "Lack of Compliance" so no surprise CW evaded their "checks" if indeed any were carried out in time - but as my good lady doesn't work for them I wouldn't know cool.gif

There's the thought that 'turning a blind eye' may have been part of the idea to settle the liability in tough financial times but that would be seen as no less culpable as if a charge of failure of compliance was raised against Lloyds...

fergus mccann with a mobile aye right :lol:u get some crackers on here ,pipe and slippers fergus :D

:rolleyes: uhhhhhhummmm... My guess, if the rumours are true about finding out what Celtic were offering for certain players, would be that it would be the agents phones that were done. The bunnett leaves a voicemail, Mintys troops pick it up.

Agents would be guaranteed to have a mobile.

Alex Thomson and Kerrydale Street are the only ones reporting this...Yep i am really getting worried now...We just need the RangersTaxblog and we will have 'The Holy Trinity' of truth and justice :rolleyes:

To think some reporting this have laughed at equally absurd rumours from RangersMedia .... Different Cheeks of the same arse.

Well the three you've mentioned are coming up with a damned sight more investigative info than Chick Young, Billy Dodds & Jim Traynor's 'Scottish Football will collapse without them' bilge. :rolleyes:

Edited by kiddy

Nice generalisation there :/

a laudable point. so now in that vein can you give us a nuanced account of the going ons in the rangers support base without recourse to negative essentialist stereotypes of loyalism/bigoty etc?

thank you

It's also coincided with more green bigots joining in.

Bigots come in ALL colours not matter what team.

This is my first account on any football forum,I joined here because it was for ALL the teams in Scotland.

I am NO bigot and would welcome a fair competitive league.League reconstruction MUST HAPPEN at ALL costs.

I am fortunate and old enough to remember a time in the early 80's were the old firm were utter shite.

So what about the "so called diddy teams and fans" attitude in these days then EH ? EH ?.Anyone else old enough to remember ?.

Can you imagine the day when FINALLY another team eventually picks the Premier League Trophy ?.

The euphoric relief that the Old Firm stranglehold has been broken with national street celebrations after the dark clouds disappearing.

I don't like calling the other 40 teams "DIDDY CLUBS" without them the old firm is NOTHING.

I support ALL Scottish teams in Europe even the ragers team on occasions except if they reach a final :(....... a good co-efficient means a LOT and helps clubs outside the old firm bypass these stupid pre qualifiers that seam to be a stumbling block.I want ALL the Scottish teams in Europe next year to achieve the impossible and reach the group stages.

C'MON THE SCOTS :cheers

1337434357[/url]' post='6252649']

Don't let the FSA hear you say that biggrin.gif !

Acquiring a business (or anything for that matter) with fraudulently sourced finance is a crime. AML procedures could and should be able to track this sort of stuff - however Lloyds have been fined considerable sums by the FSA already for "Lack of Compliance" so no surprise CW evaded their "checks" if indeed any were carried out in time - but as my good lady doesn't work for them I wouldn't know cool.gif

There's the thought that 'turning a blind eye' may have been part of the idea to settle the liability in tough financial times but that would be seen as no less culpable as if a charge of failure of compliance was raised against Lloyds...

Where's the fraudulent source here, though? Whyte paid Lloyd's with Ticketus funds.

It may be fraud on Ticketus because they thought the transaction was a valid transfer and the structure didn't accomplish that - but there seems to have been more unforgivable legal stupidity on Ticketus' part regarding Scots versus English trust law than fraud by Whyte. Hard to see any regulatory body policing the asset backed finance structure used by the source of funds.

It may be fraud on poor David Murray because he wanted the best for 'Gers and honest Injun would have never old if he knew the funds came fom Ticketus. There was a great deal of talk in March of the purchase contract being violated and TBK or someone else using this in some manner to get Whyte away. Then fact this never happened leads me to suspect perhaps the source of funds reps and warranties were less ironclad then they might have been. Again hard to imagine a regulator policing contractual sale requirements like that.

Presumably the AML protections check to verify the individuals in question are who they say they are and where they get their funds. It's pretty binary with Whyte - either his director bar put him on the heightened scrutiny list even after it expired or it didn't. I can see Lloyd's getting in trouble if his name was on a list and they hadnt follow up, but I rather think that would have come up by now (if for no other reason than SDM associates wold love a scapegoat now). if the problem was merely Whyte's involvement than its a bit harsh to Rap Lloyd's as the FSA and other regulators might have been thought to be put on constructive notice of his involvement by weeks of front page stories about Whyte throughout Scotland..

If Lloyd's Weren't allowed to rely on solicitors assurances regarding the Ticeketus funds and didn't check then conceivably they could get in trouble, but surely for our purposes the point is had Lloyd's checked they would have found Ticketus, a legitimate known entity that was in the business of funding ticket purchases and would have had no grounds to block the sale.

Thanks for the response. My exposure to this stuff was largely as a formality that cropped up occasionally.