Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What happens to Rangers' history and trophies if it's a newco?

Airdrie United's club honours only go back to 2002, officially.

Airdrie United aren't a Newco. They just changed their name, colours, stadium and fans but as far as Companies House is concerned it is the same company as Clydebank.

I'm as horrified as the next man but I suspect this has all been considered.

Yes, and here we are three months later and they haven't managed to come up with any cunning plan to let Rangers away with it - instead they've been walloped with a fine and been barred from signing any players over 17 years of age.

All they have left is playing for time, and that time is running out. Rapid Vienna for one aren't going to wait forever for their cash.

From the articles of association for the SPL

Club means the undertaking of an association football club which is, for the time being, entitled, in accordance with the Rules, to participate in the League;

League means the combination of Clubs known as the Scottish Premier League operated by the Company in accordance with the Rules

Rules mean the Rules for the time being of the League

Nothing in these Articles shall relieve any Member of the Company from its obligations as a full member club of the SFA to comply with the applicable articles of association of the SFA for so long as it remains a member of the SFA. Each Member shall (in so far as it is lawfully able and permitted by the exercise of its voting powers to do so) procure that the Company observes and complies with all relevant articles of association of the SFA applicable to it.

Just providing these as a little marker. ph34r.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis

1337628028[/url]' post='6259838']

Alex Thompson is really starting to make a bit of a tit of himself. Such high hopes as he drops into tabloid BS like the next man. Your a bad Eck. biggrin.gif

Agreed. It's not just sports reporters who look like idiots when they delve into finance matters, it's alo war correspondents. The bit about the Euobond being instantly swapped from Canadian property to Rangers makes no sense - either Loughrey is delusional or Thompson severely misunderstood what he was saying. I can't see any sane investor ploughing money into a Rangers bond offering at a derisory 6.5% interest - with it's history of administration and structural deficits plus the uncertainty surrounding Scottish football the rate would be much, much higher. Man United bonds pay 8.75%!

Forgive my ignorance but what can Rapid do? Send their dad round?

They can go straight to UEFA about it and claim that the SFA as the governing body are doing nothing about a member club being allowed to continue its membership when they owe huge sums of money left right and centre to - amongst others - fellow UEFA clubs, opening the door to UEFA crucifying the SFA and Rangers into the bargain.

They may not care less about Scottish clubs screwing over other Scottish clubs. But when they start screwing over top French and Austrian clubs, different story.

Doncaster is poles apart from the punters on this one. He seems genuinely astonished that everybody is against the Newco entry.

I don't think there is very much genuine going on here, barring a desire to ensure that the status quo is maintained.

I really feel that I should be seething about this, but it just seems so predictable that the majority view will be completely disregarded in pursit of financial gain for the few

I expect an imminent special rulling of the SFA to allow the transfer of previous honours to newcos

Strange Norwich City only moved forward after Doncaster stepped down following their relegation to the third division.

Only in Scotland would a track record like that get you the job as CEO of the SPL.

The man truly is a smug knob jockey. And was completely shite at NCFC. Just look at the progress the club have made since he left...and no we do not want him back....EVER

Airdrie United aren't a Newco. They just changed their name, colours, stadium and fans but as far as Companies House is concerned it is the same company as Clydebank.

But if the Buns are liquidated does their history goes with them? A NewCo would be a separate company surely.

Dont you get the feeling that this will all be hushed up and buried. And Reporting Scotland saying that SPL may vote in rules that mean Rangers walk back in to SPL with NO sanctions, scot free.

IF Rangers go back into the SPL it will be with no sanctions...ANY Sanctions and it is farewell Cruel World and of to SFL 3 for The Rangers.

Where is the sporting integrity in clubs wanting Rangers for the money they generate but making sure they don't compete on an equal footing?

The diddies on here can bleat on about renewing season tickets etc but it makes very little difference...The diddy support has fallen to such a level they have absolutely no power at all...50,000 at Hampden...where are they every other Saturday...100,000 to see the team celebrating a Cup win.. Where are they every other Saturday.

Falkirk,St Mirren and Kilmarnock supporters make up the most on this thread...Combined average support of around 10,000 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sky will be shitting themself incase they piss you lot off. :lol:

Time to wake up Diddies...Nobody out there gives a f**k what you think..Not The SFA..Not the SPL and not even your own Chairman. OK maybe Republican Apologist Thommo might have a passing interest but that is about it.

I have been convinced they're going to be out of business, convinced they're going to get away with it , and just about everything in between.

The way that ND keeps promoting the "no difference" position, and the general lack of bottle from the Chairmen pushes me towards the I think they'll escape camp.

My only real hope is the BTC, the resulting penalties when their appeal is finally quashed and then the double contracts punishment will be the thing that they just can't sweep under the carpet.

IF Rangers go back into the SPL it will be with no sanctions...ANY Sanctions and it is farewell Cruel World and of to SFL 3 for The Rangers.

Where is the sporting integrity in clubs wanting Rangers for the money they generate but making sure they don't compete on an equal footing?

The diddies on here can bleat on about renewing season tickets etc but it makes very little difference...The diddy support has fallen to such a level they have absolutely no power at all...50,000 at Hampden...where are they every other Saturday...100,000 to see the team celebrating a Cup win.. Where are they every other Saturday.

Falkirk,St Mirren and Kilmarnock supporters make up the most on this thread...Combined average support of around 10,000 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Time to wake up Diddies...Nobody out there gives a f**k what you think..Not The SFA..Not the SPL and not even your own Chairman. OK maybe Republican Apologist Thommo might have a passing interest but that is about it.

Rangers fan

Lol at you

:lol::lol::lol:

1337628500[/url]' post='6259870']

How can so many men be involved in this whole sham, and yet not one of them has a pair of balls!!! mad.gif

The patient is lying there just waiting for someone to pull the plug yet not one of them has the guts to do it, as they will be remembered as the person that killed rankers.

Here's what I now hope that will happen..............

I hope the SPL?SFA do bend over backwards to let rankers waltz back in with little more than a smack on the wrist.

I hope that the other clubs chairmen have also helped in this matter.

I hope that the powers that be make new laws so this cant happen again.

I hope rankers win everything in sight and piss of Celtic that had a chance to put a nail in their coffin but wont do it.

Then, I hope that engerland or a european league finally comes calling and the OF bugger off and leave the SPL to implode in on itself. But they will probably beg the OF to leave reserve teams in the SPL and prove that they really are just whores.

What you hope will happen is what the OF want to happen. As this goes on I can only see the smaller clubs being screwed over more and more. Rangers will probably get off with a slap on the wrist and some sort of point deduction which, whether you think is fair or not, that's the rules that are in place at the moment. Rangers fans only see the rules being changed to punish Rangers, no one in the past.

I can understand, to a point, the outrage that other clubs have to the situation my club put themselves into. They went into administration through mis management and over spending, won trophies doing it and have bullied their way to the most money along with Celtic.The club is on its knees and rightly so, but let's get one thing straight, they have entered administration and are looking for a buyer, that is all that has happened at the moment.

If your hopes come to pass and Rangers continue as is, then try to leave Scottish football again, I will not be following them or any feeder club they leave behind.

But it's all pie in the sky. We could still go under and apparently most of Scottish Football would be happy. Next club to go down this route will be out, then the next.........

Me? Pessimistic ?sad.gif

I would love it to make a difference, but I know it probably wont.

The whole concept of fair play and integrity is the central thought in a lot of peoples minds and, to be honest, it will be very difficult to follow a team and a league which cares more for protecting the big fish than upholding the honour of the game.

If Rangers agree the CVA (unlikely as it is) and do it this way, I see no issues in footballing terms. Fair enough, the creditors will have gotten less than they deserve, but at least they'll have gone the 'right' way about things.

If it's a newco, allowed back into the SPL and with absolutely no sanctions (ie effectively allowed to start again, a 'get out of jail free' card) as suggested by that slimey arse bag Doncaster tonight, then that'll be me done with anything to do with the SPL.

I know you are trolling, but honestly, I'd rather go to a lower league game or go to a game down south than continue to follow the SPL. The sooner St Johnstone get relegated to the first division again the better as far as I'm concerned. I don't like the SPL at the best of times, but what's happening with Rangers is really quite nauseating.

Forgot to take your meds again? 8)

so just because you are powerful, you shouldnt be punished? is that genuinely your point?

i dont see any hypocricy or lack of integrity in the difficult situations the wee clubs are in. its clear to them that your team need to be punished, but its also clear to them that if they punish you as you should be, they will be the ones to suffer. its understandable that this is an issue to them, and its understandable why they will look for a punishment that doesnt hurt them far worse than you.

that to me is common sense, what exactly do you disagree with?