Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Tonight's documentary may or may not be earth-shattering (in terms of 'new' disclosures).

My simple hope is that it helps raise awareness outwith the fitba daft section of the population of the scale and nature of corruption/theft/cheating that was taking place through Ibrox.

The more people that are aware of the 'headline' figure that the Ranjurs effectively embezzled £20 off each and every one of them the better. This should leave the 'sair bear bunch' with far less scope to whinge and greet that they are being unfairly singled-out or picked upon when deflecting/bullshitting at the pub of a Friday night.

Hopefully, the increased exposure and public awareness of the nature of the scandal will also put added pressure on the footballing authorites to 'do the right thing' by taking meaningful action against Tax Dodgers FC rather than toying around with inconseqentional or token penalties (or else doing nothing at all!).

Edited by Claymores

For those of us exiled in Englandshire does anyone know if tonight's documentary is being shown down here for those of us not blessed/cursed with Sky?

The one in November was repeated on BBC News channel in the early hours of the morning and I'm wondering if this might happen again.

If you've got sky, channel 971 is BBC Scotland.

Team that day (from Soccerbase):-

(G) R Waterreus

(D) F Ricksen

(D) M Andrews

(D) M Ball

(D) S Kyrgiakos

(M) B Ferguson

(M) A Rae

(M) T Buffel

(F) S Arveladze

(F) D Prso

(F) N Novo

Referee: Kenny Clark (suspect he may too have had an Ibrox EBT wink.gif )

Manger A McLeish. Strangely quiet on the RFC (IA) issue to date?

am I not right in saying it's not EBT's that are illegal but the way in which they were administered in this case.......hence the HMRC chasing Rangers for the ta liability ?

Correct, HMRC have judged in this and other cases that the use of payments via a trust (and taxed at EBT levels) for services to the company of employees (and officers) is fraudulent in terms of taxation liabilities i.e. use of EBT's illegal.

If, as expected, RFC go into liquidation, my understanding is that H&D get hoofed oot, and a liquidator is appointed, which I'm told is entirely different to an administrator. Assets are then sold by some sort of auction process (this is all down to a mate in the financial industry, I have no personal expertise on it). Surely, that then would leave Captain Green and The Mysterons with a swift kick in the groin, as you, me, the wee jaikie on the corner, could bid for Ibrox and leave Greenie having to buy a stadium, as well as a full squad of players and an admin team, (I assume the coaching staff would be on-board anyway, otherwise the would just join the dole q) , so according to this, if they liquidate, RFC (2012) Newco might have a total staff of 3, Ally, Sandy and Kenny. Nae need to worry about "do we vote them into the SPL or not? ", they couldnae even hold a 5-a-side tourney at Murray Park.

Edited by Happy Buddie

Correct, HMRC have judged in this and other cases that the use of payments via a trust (and taxed at EBT levels) for services to the company of employees (and officers) is fraudulent in terms of taxation liabilities i.e. use of EBT's illegal.

Exactly. See the post on the previous page by GirondistNYC. This explains it perfectly.

If, as expected, RFC go into liquidation, my understanding is that H&D get hoofed oot, and a liquidator is appointed, which I'm told is entirely different to an administrator. Assets are then sold by some sort of auction process (this is all down to a mate in the financial industry, I have no personal expertise on it). Surely, that then would leave Captain Green and The Mysterons with a swift kick in the groin, as you, me, the wee jaikie on the corner, could bid for Ibrox and leave Greenie having to buy a stadium, as well as a full squad of players and an admin team, (I assume the coaching staff would be on-board anyway, otherwise the would just join the dole q) , so according to this, if they liquidate, RFC (2012) Newco might have a total staff of 3, Ally, Sandy and Kenny. Nae need to worry about "do we vote them into the SPL or not? ", they couldnae even hold a 5-a-side tourney at Murray Park.

Pretty sure the administrators can agree a sale of the assets prior to liquidation. In fact, have they not said this has already been agreed with the Green Brigade, should the CVA fail?

Yes, but they may not have signed for Rangers had they not received the level of tax free payment they did with an EBT.

If Rangers wage cap (:lol:) was £10k a week for example. £10k a week after tax is far more attractive to a player than £10k before tax, which becomes several thousand pounds less per week. Conversely, for Rangers to have signed the same player and pay them £10k after tax, without an EBT, would have cost the club several thousand pounds a week more, per player.

This is the whole point . Rangers had to present a tax inducement ( ie silly money) to get potential signings to come . This in turn gave them a competitive advantage over the rest in chasing the prize money on offer whether it be from cups, league and champions league qualification. I wouldn't be surprised if some European teams that they have beat and helped eliminate start to get very interested in this.

Exactly. See the post on the previous page by GirondistNYC. This explains it perfectly.

That is a good summary from girondistNYC. The HMRC case is only about the tax, the real trouble for the h*** is when the dual contracts the players signed (cue Orcfans "innocent until...." again) to get their EBT's come to light; at any level of football illegal contracts and wrongly registered players (even honest mistakes) are not tolerated. GTF!!

1337783402[/url]' post='6265161']

For those of us exiled in Englandshire does anyone know if tonight's documentary is being shown down here for those of us not blessed/cursed with Sky?

The one in November was repeated on BBC News channel in the early hours of the morning and I'm wondering if this might happen again.

Use tvcatchup.com and set your region setting to somewhere in Scotland. Live streams all the free view channels.

This is the whole point . Rangers had to present a tax inducement ( ie silly money) to get potential signings to come . This in turn gave them a competitive advantage over the rest in chasing the prize money on offer whether it be from cups, league and champions league qualification. I wouldn't be surprised if some European teams that they have beat and helped eliminate start to get very interested in this.

This.....

Edited by Ross.

Nah, The english really don't care about the SPL and they even care less about this "quintessential british club"

You'll be able to watch it on iplayer though

I thought I'd have to resort to iPlayer. Oh well it'll be just as much fun following it on P&B. Bit like the old days of 'watching' a game on teletext.

Just looking at that quote from Johnston-

"But there are legal differences and what people have to bear in mind is that a football club has always been viewed by the football authorities as being something separate from who owns the football club."

Doncaster went to great lengths early on in this to state something like 'the SPL rules clearly state that the league recognises the company as the club'.

I'm sure they went out of their way to stipulate that in the league rules more than a decade ago. Am I being fucking thick here or are these two completely contradicting each other?

Not very many of these though.

Pretty sure the administrators can agree a sale of the assets prior to liquidation. In fact, have they not said this has already been agreed with the Green Brigade, should the CVA fail?

Does it not depend on who owns the assets? Normally, the assets will be sold to maximise the benefit to the creditors. Is Craig Whyte the owner of the assets or is he a creditor and if so, how much will he get from the sale of the assets? I am assuming that the assets are Ibrox, Murray Park and the players.

Is BBC radio Scotland not covering the documentary on 'Open All Mics'?

'OOOhhhh! An EBT! What an EBT! Wait until you see this one on the telly!'

'Calm down Spency! - Chick, anything happening on the BTC front?'

'Yes, yes, hold on.... No. Sorry. I can exclusively reveal that nothing is happening here.'

'Thanks Chick, we'll come back to you if anything happens there'.

'Doddsy - any news on the administrators being utterly useless cnuts who are possibly not acting in the best interests of the creditors?'

'OOOOHHHH! Walter Smith is on, yes, Sir Walter is on my screen!'

'Fcuk sake Chick!'.

etc, etc.....

Ready_Crest_normal.jpgRangers FC Official@RFC_OfficialPIC: Another pic of the maintenance currently being undertaken on the pitch (via http://www.rangerspics.com)http://pic.twitter.com/DskG2Jpn

Hide photo

Atluez7CQAI_XOX.jpgFlag this mediapowered by turkey-icon.pngPhotobucket

4:18 PM - 23 May 12 via web · Details

Where are they finding the money to carry out this work ? blink.gif