Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

i think you are pretty representative of rangers fans as a whole

you dont care that your club has done a lot wrong

you dont care that you have inflicted great harm on the scottish game

you revel in it.

you enjoy success even though you know its built on cheating

would you agree with these three points and that its symptomatic of rangers fans as a whole?

"A'm no agreein' tae nuthin' until a've seen ma lawyer" :lol:

All sounds a bit anodyne to me. I daresay we couldn't expect much more, but it is moderately encouraging to hear the likes of Stewart Gilmour make noises about Rangers over-stepping the mark etc.

Anyone can bump their gums.

So all we've had confirmed so far is:

1. For teams entering administration: a penalty of ten points or one third of their previous season's total, whichever is greater, will be deducted.

2. The 2 rules on paying the taxman and players on time have been passed.

3. No decision has been made on any Newco's other than making a case by case decision on each one.

The opposite. The problem with the SFA rules were they were absolutely specific and left no room for a halfway house sanction.

These confirmed rules will apply to Rangers...if they didn't the vote wouldn't have been postponed as it wouldn't have meant a thing in this case and therefore wouldn't have been controversial. Remember, this decision is just confirming the vote taken during the season. Which is now over.

Newco Rangers would start 30 points down then.

A Rangers in admin would start 30 points down. That punishment won't apply to the newco.

The one-third/10 points rule is good in theory, but it is open to abuse. For example, if Rangers had been planning to start next season still in admin, they could have deliberately lost their last few games this season in order to reduce their deduction for next season. There isn't really any way around that though, and this rule is better than a 10 point deduction.

Alasdair Lamont@BBCAlLamont Re vote on voting structure: adjourned to SPL agm

ETA: I believe that's next month, can anyone confirm?

Edited by Spain

Anyone can bump their gums.

They certainly can, I think the point here is that previously Gilmour seemed to side on the commercial side of the fence whereas his latest comments seem to point to a move to the sporting side. Something that most St Mirren fans will take some, if little, comfort from.

A Rangers in admin would start 30 points down. That punishment won't apply to the newco.

The one-third/10 points rule is good in theory, but it is open to abuse. For example, if Rangers had been planning to start next season still in admin, they could have deliberately lost their last few games this season in order to reduce their deduction for next season. There isn't really any way around that though, and this rule is better than a 10 point deduction.

Yeah, you're right.

But I'd expect they'll be dead by then, so it won't matter.

They certainly can, I think the point here is that previously Gilmour seemed to side on the commercial side of the fence whereas his latest comments seem to point to a move to the sporting side. Something that most St Mirren fans will take some, if little, comfort from.

It's not aimed at him specifically but they've all bumped their gums over the last 18 months, still haven't shown a pair of balls between them, I don't expect them to either.

Dunno if as cut and dried as that. He's got a controlling interest to sell on.

How surprising.

No point in holding the vote while there is still a Rangers around, because any reform vote would lose (by winning 10-2). But by the AGM, there may not be a Rangers, which would allow the "diddies" to win 10-1 or 11-1 depending on the circumstances.

I'm feeling quite optimistic about this Newco vote now. Hope it's not misplaced optimism..

So am I actually. Although I still think they're waiting to see if the SFA will kill them first for them.