Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

A meaty ice cream for celebrating Rangers going down should be Beef Curtains, apt also as there's been a fishy smell around Ibrox for a while now.

Thats the old SFA surf 'n turf :D

They surf the P+B for advice, then turf 'em out..

Nicked from RM 'cos its a good source of a timetable for the next developments..........

Almost four months after the club plunged into administration, there is a sense the crisis at Rangers is now approaching the endgame.

The next fortnight, indeed, could be among the most important periods in the 140-year history of the Ibrox club.

Key issues relating to the future ownership and form of Rangers, the deepening dispute with the SFA and the potentially explosive investigation into dual contract allegations will all be addressed in the coming two weeks.

Here, Sportsmail casts its eye over some of the key dates for this stricken giant of the game.

Wednesday, June 6 (part 1)

The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund have asked to meet with prospective owner Charles Green.

Why it's important...

Fans have become increasingly concerned about the lack of clarity surrounding Green's consortium, both in terms of the financial methods being used and the men providing the cash.

A meeting has been sought to demand answers.

If those are not forthcoming, then the influential RFFF will not be in a position to recommend that fellow supporters make season-ticket purchases.

That would potentially squeeze a £17million revenue stream of front-loaded money for the consortium headed by the former Sheffield United chief executive.

Green originally stated his group numbered around 20 interested parties, but has since said that only 'five or six' have put forward cash.

Indonesian businessman Jude Allen and Middle Eastern lawyer Mazen Housammi have been named as members of his Sevco group.

The RFFF also want to hear details of Green's financial plans after some supporters were alarmed when the CVA proposal revealed the £8.5m being put forward was a loan to be repaid with interest by 2020.

The supporters' wariness is more than justified after the carnage inflicted by Craig Whyte and details of whether Green feels he will be able to keep the current squad together will also be sought.

Wednesday, June 6 (part 2)

The SFA hierarchy meets to consider the Rangers situation.

Why it's important...

The legal victory secured by Rangers last week could ultimately lead to a greater punishment for the club.

The SFA decided not to appeal the decision of the Court of Session, which ruled that a Judicial Panel did not have the power to hand down a 12-month transfer embargo after finding Rangers guilty of disrepute charges.

The matter has now been returned to the Appeals Tribunal for consideration within the narrower range of sanctions - including suspension or termination of SFA membership - they can now apply to Rangers.

Hampden insiders claim the only way to prevent the Tribunal from sitting is for Rangers to back down and accept the original year-long transfer embargo.

Green, though, could yet try to table some form of attempted compromise to head off a doomsday scenario.

Friday, June 8

The earliest date the Appeals Tribunal could sit, although the following week seems more likely.

Why it's important...

This could be one of the most pivotal moments in the entire Ibrox crisis.Headed by Lord Carloway, the three-man Tribunal will consider what - if any - additional sanction should be applied alongside the maximum £100,000 fine Rangers have already been hit with for the actions of Craig Whyte's shamed tenure.

Fears have been expressed that, with FIFA watching, the Tribunal could be backed into a corner whereby issuing only a more stringent punishment than the transfer ban - a suspension or termination of SFA membership - is deemed appropriate.

A Scottish Cup ban is another penalty at their disposal.

Clearly, the impact of Rangers being kicked out of the game for any period would be seismic.

Saturday, June 9

Official opening of the transfer window.

Why it's important...

Seven first-team players - Allan McGregor, Steven Whittaker, Dorin Goian, Steven Davis, Maurice Edu, Steven Naismith and Kyle Lafferty - had reduced-fee release clauses inserted into their contracts when accepting temporary 75 per cent wage cuts to sustain the club until the end of the season.

Those clauses became active last Friday, when the players returned to full pay.

Edu can go for £300,000, while Naismith and McGregor are the most expensive at £2m apiece.

Rumours abound of those who might be open to leaving, but that will depend on any forthcoming offers.

As with so much in this sorry saga, manager Ally McCoist will be left without a say if bids hit the target figures.

Thursday, June 14

Creditors meeting to vote on the CVA proposal.

Why it's important...

Provided Green has lodged the further monies required with Duff & Phelps by this date, the creditors will vote on whether to accept his proposal that would see them pocket less than 10p in the pound.

A 75 per cent majority based on a vote per pound of debt basis is required to pass the proposal.

HMRC and Ticketus dominate the picture.

If both agree, there is nothing the smaller creditors can do to stop the CVA.

If either rejects the proposal, then it falls.

An acceptance of the CVA would trigger a 28-day cooling-off period before agreement of the creditors was ratified and Rangers could exit administration.

Should the CVA fail, then Green has a £5.5m newco agreement in place with Duff & Phelps.

Monday, June 18

SPL board meeting to discuss dual contract allegations.

Why it's important...

Rangers forwarded paperwork relating to their operation of Employee Benefit Trusts to the SPL last week - three months after the documents had been requested.

The top flight's lawyers are probing whether those payments should have been detailed within the contract documents lodged with both them and the SFA.

They will update board members on their progress on this date. The dual contract allegations carry potentially huge ramifications if proven - and could even lead to consideration of past trophies being struck from the record.

http://www.dailymail...t.html?ITO=1490

Boils down to:-

Celtic - nice

Rangers - dead

If you really want a full translation just select the text then copy and paste it into Google translator

Green Vermin - Cnuts

Blue Vermin - Dead Cnuts

So Rangers are dying again then?

I've not had a chance to get on P&B since Friday, so I'm sure there's been doom, hysterical laughter, tremendous sense of justice, then back to the start again at least twice since then.

Does anyone fancy giving me a wee breakdown of what's happened over the last couple of days, if anything? I saw a few THEY'RE DOOOMED!!!! headlines on the back page of a few papers at my gran's house today, so I assume the shit, heading toward the diddy fans not 3 days ago, has changed course again and is about to plunge Rangers square in the puss again?

Edited by Kyle

Did you even read what I posted?

In point 23, where Glennie quotes the SFA QC, he goes on to say

in other words, the fact that they previously discounted suspension or expulsion does not, now, prevent them from choosing those punishments. The only stipulation Glennie put on the punishment is that it should be from those available, specifically, in the SFA rules.

Glennie says it could or could not happen. Thats not based on the law, consideration of the evidence or an informed opinion.

It's simply an acknowlegment that there are two possible outcomes in that respect.

He attaches no value to either outcome. The glennie verdict is soley concerned with and only relevant to the panel settìng a non speciefed punishment

"Rangers is wholly committed member of the SFA and SPL and fully respects their structures."

So wait a second....Rangers FC is a member of the SFA and therefore agrees to be bound by its rules and regulations.

Apart from the one that relates to the decision of the Appeals Panel being final and binding on all parties concerned.

"The club, the administrators [Duff & Phelps] and most importantly the supporters have taken the view that any sanction against Rangers - due entirely to the misdeeds of individuals no longer at the club - should be proportionate."

Couldn't agree more. The SFA must award a punishment that is meaningful, allows the wrongdoer to suffer the consequences of the wrongdoing and deters any others from going down the same road.

Expulsion it is then!

Why would D&P even care if there's a newco or not? They're in this to get the best deal for the creditors right? Oh wait a sec..,..

Edited by Monkmyster

I am a Celtic supporting proddy; brought up in the west of Scotland. I went to the Church of Scotland Sunday school and even joined the Boys Brigade. I was the only Celtic supporter in a school of Rangers supporters. I have had endless grief from both sides of the divide since the very early 1960's - treated with suspicion and hatred in equal measure by fans of both clubs. I am not a bigot. Don't jump to conclusions just because you think they happen to support your own hate filled agenda.

Just in from the pub, so a little bit hammered, but wanted to respond to this statement.

I absolutely respect your right to support whomsoever you choose, but the highlighted part of your own text shows exactly why most of us "diddy fans" absolutely despise your club, and that which is your rival. For you, it's about football, and that is fine., but for many more, it's about so much more, and frankly that is the shite that needs to be kicked the f**k not only lout of football, but out of society, and if it takes the absolute collapse of one half, then so be it. No tears shall be shed.

As much as I despise the institution that is the Old Firm, I recognise that there are many like yourself who support these clubs for purely football reasons. Ya glory chaser. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

I know this has been done by others before, and the Scotsman article at the weekend said the same again, but how would clubs fair without Rangers. For the majority, Celtic excluded, I think they would be better off.

This is mainly based on St.Johnstone, but I guess will translate to St.Mirren, Killie etc. http://bit.ly/LevNWJ

The spreadsheet with my working is here - If you think it is wrong please tell me so! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GhpaS1MYl8wYlE

Feel free to edit for your own club as well.

ok, i have heard a lot of nonsense from Orcs who are bleating about the workings of individuals and they cannot be blamed for the individuals misdeeds. yeah that worked well st nuremburg

ok, i have heard a lot of nonsense from Orcs who are bleating about the workings of individuals and they cannot be blamed for the individuals misdeeds. yeah that worked well st nuremburg