Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Notice T_S_A_R has dissapeared..............

either lodge meeting or extensive googling imo

its quite important someone plays devils advocate on this thread once in a while as its easy to get carried away. biggrin.gif

From STV website ...

Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green admitted he could not rule out accepting the Scottish FA’s player signing ban.

The man leading the Sevco consortium rejected accusations that he was using season ticket money to fund his buyout of the Ibrox club.

Mr Green also claimed that the majority of the £8.5m loan his group has put forward to buy the club is in the hands of administrators Duff and Phelps, while he stated he would reveal his financial backers if a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) was agreed next week.

On Friday, Mr Green told STV News his bid for the club would not be affected should the SFA hit the club with a ban from the Scottish Cup. This is despite CVA proposals published last week stating his offer was conditional on the club remaining in all competitions they are currently in.

He said that possible suspension or expulsion from the game would be an "extreme" punishment. When asked if he could rule out accepting the registration embargo that the club successfully appealed at the Court of Session, Mr Green responded: "I can’t comment until I’ve had the final comments back from my legal team."

The club's lawyers had argued in Edinburgh last week that the punishment was not legitimate as it was not specified in the football body's rules and regulations. Lord Glennie sided with the Ibrox club and ordered the matter back to the SFA's appeals body that previously rejected an attempt to overturn it.

Mr Green added: "What we’ve said under Lord Glennie’s decision is both parties have 21 days to appeal it and we through our legal team, and the fighting fund, are reviewing those notes carefully and we’ve conveyed that message to the SFA.

"What we’ve also said from my consortium’s point of view is that we never want to do something that would damage Scottish football. Even though the problems that brought about whatever the censure is, is down to people in the past, nothing to do with members of staff currently or the investors currently. We’re going to have to suffer some pain and we acknowledge that’s right.

"Whatever the degree and the other issues surrounding it are another discussion. Possibly being thrown out of the league or suspended in my view is extreme and the damage it would inflict on Scottish football, because clearly there would be no Sky contract, no premier league, no Old Firm derbies, would be an incredibly bad thing."

Offer

In response to a question about being kicked out of Scottish Cup, Mr Green said his offer "absolutely would" still stand should the football authority’s appellate body decide on that punishment. This is despite the CVA proposals sent out to creditors last week stating that the deal was conditional on the team being allowed to continue competing as it currently is.

Mr Green continued: "We recognise that this club, rightly or wrongly, has to take some punishment. My upbringing in life was if you did something wrong your backside was smacked, that’s not allowed now because of political correctness – I think it should be. We have to stand up and be counted. We have to take the punishment and we have to move forward."

Mr Green has so far refused to name the full team involved in his consortium, or where the money raised for the takeover has come from. He said that should the CVA be voted through next Thursday, he would be happy to name those involved in Sevco.

Season ticket renewals were sent out to fans on Friday, Mr Green said, and claimed that the money from them would be placed in a "secure" bank account that would not be accessed by Rangers until the club were out of administration.

This came after accusations from Rangers director Dave King who also called on fans to reject the CVA proposals at the Ibrox meeting next Thursday.

He said: "The season tickets haven’t even gone on sale, although I understand renewal letters have gone out this afternoon to fans. But to suggest that we’re using that money to buy the club is preposterous.

"It shows a lack of understanding that Mr King has in this transaction. His other comments recommending that creditors and shareholders should vote against a CVA beggars belief for someone who is a Rangers fan. What he’s suggesting, rather than get a CVA through that retains all the history and tradition, we should go down the newco route. I mean why would a true fan suggest that?"

Funding pledges

The former Sheffield United chief executive claimed that there were no issues surrounding the raising of funds for the Sevco bid, while he also stated that it was working towards raising a total of £30m it had pledged to put into the club.

He added: "I’m from Yorkshire, I will never, ever, have enough money. I’ve never been to a church where there wasn’t a collection and this is now my church and if anyone comes here, they have to pay.

"Either pay as a fan to watch the game or pay as an investor to be part of the shareholder register. So I’m always going to have money and if I told Ally McCoist tomorrow we’ve got £50m but I could raise £100m, he’d tell me to go and raise £100m so he could go and buy Ronaldo." He also admitted some investors in the consortium would "prefer one option or another" when it comes to the newco or CVA routes out of administration.

Earlier this week the businessman, who recently stepped down as a director of Signapore-based coal technology investment firm Nova Resources, unveiled proposals to ask season ticket holders to vote on renaming Murray Park after either player Davie Cooper or Moses McNeil, one of the club's founding fathers.

On Friday, Mr Green said: "Being completely honest I had never heard of either of the two names put to me, but no-one had heard of my name until a few weeks ago. What I thought was fair to do was put that message forward and we’re saying to fans when they’re renewing their season tickets ‘Do you think it should be called Davie Cooper or do you think it should be called Moses?’

"Where we’re trying to take the club is forward, let’s draw a line, forget the past, forget the divisions, forget the bigotry and lets take Rangers back to being a super team."

He also claimed the move to rename Murray Park was not an attempt to "divert" the attention of fans away from the many issues at the crisis-hit club.

1339183765[/url]' post='6315305']

Thought it was Mark Twain,and not Franklin who said it

Mark Twain was a very smart man. He knew how to see through contradicting arguments and see the essential truths of life; such as................................

Thought it was Mark Twain,and not Franklin who said it

Franklin also sang ''Who's zooming who''............ perfect :D

its quite important someone plays devils advocate on this thread once in a while as its easy to get carried away. biggrin.gif

I'm afraid I can't live up to my tag when it comes to the current Rangers' saga. Normally, no problem.

From STV website ...

Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green admitted he could not rule out accepting the Scottish FA’s player signing ban.

The man leading the Sevco consortium rejected accusations that he was using season ticket money to fund his buyout of the Ibrox club.

Mr Green also claimed that the majority of the £8.5m loan his group has put forward to buy the club is in the hands of administrators Duff and Phelps, while he stated he would reveal his financial backers if a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) was agreed next week.

On Friday, Mr Green told STV News his bid for the club would not be affected should the SFA hit the club with a ban from the Scottish Cup. This is despite CVA proposals published last week stating his offer was conditional on the club remaining in all competitions they are currently in.

He said that possible suspension or expulsion from the game would be an "extreme" punishment. When asked if he could rule out accepting the registration embargo that the club successfully appealed at the Court of Session, Mr Green responded: "I can’t comment until I’ve had the final comments back from my legal team."

The club's lawyers had argued in Edinburgh last week that the punishment was not legitimate as it was not specified in the football body's rules and regulations. Lord Glennie sided with the Ibrox club and ordered the matter back to the SFA's appeals body that previously rejected an attempt to overturn it.

Mr Green added: "What we’ve said under Lord Glennie’s decision is both parties have 21 days to appeal it and we through our legal team, and the fighting fund, are reviewing those notes carefully and we’ve conveyed that message to the SFA.

"What we’ve also said from my consortium’s point of view is that we never want to do something that would damage Scottish football. Even though the problems that brought about whatever the censure is, is down to people in the past, nothing to do with members of staff currently or the investors currently. We’re going to have to suffer some pain and we acknowledge that’s right.

"Whatever the degree and the other issues surrounding it are another discussion. Possibly being thrown out of the league or suspended in my view is extreme and the damage it would inflict on Scottish football, because clearly there would be no Sky contract, no premier league, no Old Firm derbies, would be an incredibly bad thing."

Offer

In response to a question about being kicked out of Scottish Cup, Mr Green said his offer "absolutely would" still stand should the football authority’s appellate body decide on that punishment. This is despite the CVA proposals sent out to creditors last week stating that the deal was conditional on the team being allowed to continue competing as it currently is.

Mr Green continued: "We recognise that this club, rightly or wrongly, has to take some punishment. My upbringing in life was if you did something wrong your backside was smacked, that’s not allowed now because of political correctness – I think it should be. We have to stand up and be counted. We have to take the punishment and we have to move forward."

Mr Green has so far refused to name the full team involved in his consortium, or where the money raised for the takeover has come from. He said that should the CVA be voted through next Thursday, he would be happy to name those involved in Sevco.

Season ticket renewals were sent out to fans on Friday, Mr Green said, and claimed that the money from them would be placed in a "secure" bank account that would not be accessed by Rangers until the club were out of administration.

This came after accusations from Rangers director Dave King who also called on fans to reject the CVA proposals at the Ibrox meeting next Thursday.

He said: "The season tickets haven’t even gone on sale, although I understand renewal letters have gone out this afternoon to fans. But to suggest that we’re using that money to buy the club is preposterous.

"It shows a lack of understanding that Mr King has in this transaction. His other comments recommending that creditors and shareholders should vote against a CVA beggars belief for someone who is a Rangers fan. What he’s suggesting, rather than get a CVA through that retains all the history and tradition, we should go down the newco route. I mean why would a true fan suggest that?"

Funding pledges

The former Sheffield United chief executive claimed that there were no issues surrounding the raising of funds for the Sevco bid, while he also stated that it was working towards raising a total of £30m it had pledged to put into the club.

He added: "I’m from Yorkshire, I will never, ever, have enough money. I’ve never been to a church where there wasn’t a collection and this is now my church and if anyone comes here, they have to pay.

"Either pay as a fan to watch the game or pay as an investor to be part of the shareholder register. So I’m always going to have money and if I told Ally McCoist tomorrow we’ve got £50m but I could raise £100m, he’d tell me to go and raise £100m so he could go and buy Ronaldo." He also admitted some investors in the consortium would "prefer one option or another" when it comes to the newco or CVA routes out of administration.

Earlier this week the businessman, who recently stepped down as a director of Signapore-based coal technology investment firm Nova Resources, unveiled proposals to ask season ticket holders to vote on renaming Murray Park after either player Davie Cooper or Moses McNeil, one of the club's founding fathers.

On Friday, Mr Green said: "Being completely honest I had never heard of either of the two names put to me, but no-one had heard of my name until a few weeks ago. What I thought was fair to do was put that message forward and we’re saying to fans when they’re renewing their season tickets ‘Do you think it should be called Davie Cooper or do you think it should be called Moses?’

"Where we’re trying to take the club is forward, let’s draw a line, forget the past, forget the divisions, forget the bigotry and lets take Rangers back to being a super team."

He also claimed the move to rename Murray Park was not an attempt to "divert" the attention of fans away from the many issues at the crisis-hit club.

Shitting it because his lawyers have told him if the appellate now suspend or expel them they have to suck it up. I hope the SFA tell them to do one and accept whatever the independent appellate decide. Regan has already said there can be no deals.

I don't see that going down well with anyone connected to either Rangers or Celtic to be honest.

Own goal there Mr Green.

I think you are correct it is an own goal given the general standard of posts coming from members of FF and RM, however, I think it's the most positive things I have seen coming from anyone connected with either of the old firm. If he is serious and yearns to drive bigotry from one side of the arse cheeks I'd be delighted, I think it's just showmanship though.

'There will be no sky deal, no premier league' without the orcs.

Says it all really. The arrogance continues despite him wanting his arse spanked.

Its their arrogance that will in the end Kill them. They dont seem to get the fact that they and their fellow orc supporting media pundits are the ONLY peeple who are saying that the sky deal, the SPL etc will die without them. Everyone else wants them dead and buried and gone forever. Only the insane would consider them to be back next season stronger than ever. Its not going to happen. Newco or otherwise. HMRC want to make an example of them and believe me they will.

It doesn't matter if he'd accept the signing ban. The panel can't give it as a punishment as if Green does walking away the Blue Knight Quantums could steam in and have the SFA up for contempt.

Exactly. He cannot ask the SFA to break the law, they must now use one of the available sanctions.

As far as I am aware, the Scottish Cup ban is not available, it is there as a punishment for any infringement carried out in the Scottish Cup matches. It specifically says expulsion from the Scottish Cup, not barring from entry.

I would expect Rangers to go back to the COS if that one was handed down. :rolleyes:

And then of course Hughie pointed out what a terrible disaster it would be for Scottish football. :D

Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green admitted he could not rule out accepting the Scottish FA's player signing ban.

That's very kind of you Mr Green. Much appreciated. Anything else you'd like?

I like the quotes at the end of the BBC article this evening

The real plan is becoming clear

"We have stated publicly on a number of occasions that our preferred option is a CVA and it's really down to HMRC," added Green.

"HMRC have had the documentation for over a week so, with each day that passes, we have to assume that they are on board. "It would be awful if they were to announce on the day that they were turning it down.

"If that's their decision, God forbid, then tell us early please and put us out of our misery."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you are correct it is an own goal given the general standard of posts coming from members of FF and RM, however, I think it's the most positive things I have seen coming from anyone connected with either of the old firm. If he is serious and yearns to drive bigotry from one side of the arse cheeks I'd be delighted, I think it's just showmanship though.

I agree that it's a positive statement to come out with. It's totally naive though. Once he became fully aware of the financial implications to Rangers and Celtic to rid them of their bigotry, he would quickly change his tune.

That is the probably the main reason Rangers should be killed off as we know them and let them start again. Hopefully without the staunch bigots that follow them at the moment. If that happened Celtic would also implode and be the only bigots in town and subject to all the ridicule, not just 50% of it. Lawwell must be shitting himself after hearing Green's statement tonight.

"Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green admitted he could not rule out accepting the Scottish FA's player signing ban"

I strongly suspect this is code - what it really means is that if the Appellate Tribunal hand down a suspension/expulsion, then Green intends to turn around and say "ok, we'll accept the transfer ban instead then and won't appeal this further"

It strikes me that is the complete presumptiveness of the Ranjurs including Green.

So why, Mr Green, are you now asking your old granny to punish you by holding your willy in her shaky hand?