Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yep, seemed clear to me that they would walk away from that one if the CVA was rejected - BTC no longer matters in terms of Rangers continuing as a going concern.

The impotuous is now on the SFA/SPL chairmen. The sanctions due to be divvied will carry over to the Newco, and the biggest issue now is the Newco vote. (which everyone saw coming, apart from that utter idiot Neil Doncaster).

Interesting times ahead.

I've changed my mind, just let the Newco into the SPL without any sanctions.

But make them understand that it is a NEWCO and that 'The Rangers' are dead.

They come in with no sanctions but also with NO HISTORY.

That's be enough.

And get them to accept that.

Today is an extraordinary day and one that *could* change Scottish football forever. Many had hoped for Rangers' liquidation but I suspect most privately believed that the club would somehow get away with it.

I still think it's a wee bit premature for celebrations. It all depends how quickly BDO are appointed and whether they deem Green's bid for the assets a fit and proper one. Bear in mind that not many folk will be offering £5.5 million for assets consisting of a football stadium in largely valueless land, a training facility which Sport Scotland have first dibs on, and a largely mediocre squad who, three or four players apart, won't command big fees. The stuff about simply transferring contractual agreements to a newco is surely fantasy-players are in it for themselves and will want to maximise their income rather than take a gamble on possibly ending up in Div 3 on vastly reduced wages. How BDO act as soon as they take control will be criticial with regard to the assets.

H&D and Green will clearly have a well worked out scenario for a NewCo vote and establishment worked out, indeed it could be argued that their actions have actively encouraged such a scenario. Now that we're in the NewCo situation these plans will already be rolling. Green will be aware that Rangers' court action has hugely annoyed fellow SPL chairmen and I suspect a hectic round of shuttle diplomacy lies ahead of Green this weekend.

H&D, for their part, will possibly be having a quiet glass of champagne. they can legitimately present themselves as having "tried their best" and will shortly walk away from the whole catastrophic trainwreck millions richer- and perhaps only slightly worried about the nature of BDO's forensic investigation.

If the SPL don't demote Rangers now, they never will. The vote is very uncertain. The Dundee United and Hibs chairmen seem likely to vote no, who knows which way Vlad and the Lithuanians will go, let alone Celtic. Celtic are now in an impossible position here- piss off their fans or badly damage their income streams. I suspect that they will see which way the debate is going before finally deciding. St. Mirren are also a doubt, whilst the intentions of the two Highland clubs are very uncertain. I'm not clear how OldCo Rangers can have a vote in this process. It is bizarre to say the least. It's pretty obviious that Kille and St. J have resolved to vote Yes, sadly, although Sky's reassurance may weaken their seemingly resolved positions.

Where do Rangers go from here? Although the OldCo is now on the mortuary slab they still have a few canny moves ahead- some more emollient press, some negotiation with SPL counterparts, and hopefully (for them) a favourable vote on Monday. Nothing's decided until then, remarkable as today's events have been.

I think there is enough doubt amongst enough SPL chairmen to stymy Rangers in the coming vote. Then we're in the state where a NewCo has to apply for SFL3 and I think there's little doubt how that would go. I wonder if the likes of Spartans would even bother applying if a viable newco was in the hunt for the place. There is some doubt about that too, with the possibility of multiple "new Rangers" emerging in the weeks ahead, if the SPL vote goes against them.

With old Rangers liquidated, surely the outcome of the BTC, appellate tribunals, SFA sanctions becomes largely irrelevant- although the position is not totally clear. I would expect more statements in the next couple of days on those subjects.

As someone said about thirty pages ago this is far from the end, but maybe the end of the beginning. Crunch time has been reached and there is nowhere for the SPL to hide anymore. They have to make a decision on Monday or risk becoming even more of a laughing stock, if that's possible.

And by the way- Jim Traynor- GIRFUY, you washed up, pathetic, sycophantic bell-end. What on earth will you write about now, or will you take this opportunity to spend more time with your blue roses in the garden? Here's hoping. As one of your "nonentities on internet message boards" it really gives me genuine delight to see you so humiliatingly wrong- as always- on the big issue of the day.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Just tuned in Rangers Media for a sec to see how they were "bearing" up, I think this post probably should be read by all:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=222428

Edmiston Drive

Posted Today, 05:43 PM

Today saw the announcement that the business side of our club will be wound up..............yes the business side only..........Like our irish neighbours over the city they have had a few name changes also, that is what we are facing..a name change.

All those memories of 4 European Finals..all the leagues and cups and those famous names who have pulled the jersey on will be followed by others in the future. When have you ever saw a draw for a cup or a league fixture say Rangers plc....never.

So we miss Europe for 3 seasons , we all know how quickly that time will pass......do you really think it has been 4 years since Walter won the first of his 3 championships? Also think of that bhastard liewell and his fucking embarrassing behaviour at season 07/08 and his sporting integrity and the behaviour of the rhat using the death of an ex bit part player to have an OF game cancelled.

My initial reaction was lets get to Div 3, then I thought we will get 2 nd place....And with a bit of luck sneak something against those bheasted bhastards and give them a run for their money, but we would need to have a total blanket ban on away games and guys will need realise that this indeed could be a way to show support for the team.

Out of the last 5 league titles we have won 3.........we know what transpired re us losing last year (although Ally losing a 9 point lead did not help things) and as mentioned the sporting integrity league.

To all those of my age group who attended that fateful OF game when 66 of our people never returned home, well that is the blackest day this is a blip on the horizon.

So I say stay on the spl and do not enter any other stadium that is not our own to hurt these bhastards.

scumdee hivs..that little c**t is on his knees money wise with his bank so we can hurt that chunt.

hivs that smary chunt petrie well his transfer money must be running out and his crowds are down, so we can hurt him.

St Mirren yeah another one to f**k up.

sheepville well they are losing 60k a week just now and if they lost the money we give them they will feel it and milne is a roman anyway.

st johnstone another that needs to be fucked up.

So stay and fight and make life hell for them and if o'regan acts the hardman take them back to court and f**k up the others re europe and that diddy jacobite team.

The people we should be blaming are those who sat back and did nothing while Whyte and Murray totally destroyed our club and 140 years of unrivalled success. A club founded on the Fleshers Haugh and Glasgow Green by '4 young men' which grew into 1 of the biggest clubs in football. Brought to its knees by a handful of corrupt businessmen.

How many years of cheating though?

f**k the lot of you , scottish football will die with the rangers if we go and then its us who will be laughing , WATP .

*insert cool story bro type gif*

post-23278-0-35060700-1339526912_thumb.j

I took the "support your local team" thing to mean that if you're lucky enough to be from Arbroath you'd support Arbroath. Or (if luck hasn't smiled on you and) you're from Dundee you'd support one of the teams there etc etc Then you grow up, move away because of work/education/love interest/prison sentence and you take your allegiance with you.

As opposed to being born and bred in a town miles away from Glasgow and being an OF follower.

PS - I've always been behind the "support your local team" idea. Now I'm not so sure. Having moved to Glasgow for uni and stayed because of work I find myself with 2 kids and their local team is, er.... rangers :(

Though nothing could ever make me stop supporting the Pars, as I was born in Dunfermline and even had Jock Stein's son as a classmate when we won the cup in 61, I have always had a soft spot for those clubs in places I have lived. I was therefore delighted to see Norwich do quite well this season, though in France it was a case of mixed emotions as Nîmes was promoted to D2 while Auxerre was relegated from D1. Nonetheless if it came to deciding on one club it would be Dunfermline and none other. :)

f**k the lot of you , scottish football will die with the rangers if we go and then its us who will be laughing , WATP .

Hey muppet are you enjoying the "WATP" or did you do this when you heard LIQUIDATION TIME

tumblr_lrgy64G7a21qg39ewo1_r1_500.gif

Because he's currently in Poland for the Daily Telegraph, who amazingly have given him the job of reporting on the Irish fans. The results have been predictably cliche ridden with an overtone of nasty.

Been busy, but as thy say over here Yippy-Kay-Aye. Expected but pleasing. If you wanted to look for a tiny dark cloud amongst all this silver, however, based on their statement HMRC may be interested more in doing some forensic digging on past conduct than a maximal approach of challenging the valuations for the assets embodied in Greens bid.

No, that's a different Jim White. There is a fairly decent sports writer down here by that name.