Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Let's look at it as something simpler. I'm selling a BMW 750, on the back seat is Catriona Shearer wearing nothing but a smile. How much would you pay for the package? The steering is dodgy, there's a rattle from the rear, the engine is making a funny noise, and the exhaust is farting like The Big Hoose Guy after a vindaloo and sixteen pints of Carling.

By the sound of it, I'd rather have Cat Cubie.

couple of twitter bits....celtic to vote no ti newco and newco to start in 1st devision not 3rd?

feck that....if that's the case then al us first division fans better start e-mailing our clubs chairmen.....a newco doesn't even deserve to be in the 3rd division let alone the first.

Happy Mushroom Cloud day everybody.

Not surprising that Sally is walking away.

Whoever takes up the reigns the massive cuts that duff and duffer should have implemented will now have to be undertaken :lol: by the new owner. They were losing 10th million a season. If they are demoted this would double and they'll have to pay tax. They are totally fucked. What a day :)

Yes they could have bought it as a football club but you explained why they wouldn't yourself.

Duff & Phelps have nothing to fear by putting the assets up for auction other than it may make it difficult for a football club to continue to play football at Ibrox. That, however, is irrelevant. They should try to secure the maximum value, if they fail then they have the fallback option of selling the entire package to Green, etc.

The limitations on the use of the ground at Murray Park are an enormous red herring thrown in by Rangers' apologists. Scotland is littered with developments on ground previously zoned for alternative purposes. For a developer it is not difficult to get a change of use passed, most councils see it as an opportunity to get something for nothing and start bargaining.

Aye, I now it's difficult to get the head round but I was in your position a few weeks ago, before TBKs, BM, etc tried their hands, but they were offering buttons, but as I posted earlier, it's supply and demand. Look at what Sky just paid for EPL coverage and it shows how little value there is in Scottish football. If I owned an English Championship club (with even just a slim chance of promotion next season) I'd probably bust the bank to make sure I had a piece of that action in a year's time. There's no real value in a Scottish club (unless the ground is in a city centre) other than developing talent and selling on, and THAT'S exactly what Captain Green and The Mysterons are planning. IIRC, he's a football agent, so the incestuous deals to be done there are obvious. We can only guess at what is grinding away in his head, but possibly, just possibly, he wants to go to SFL3 so he can bring boys in at rock bottom prices and wages, the cheaper you buy, the bigger the profit when you sell.

1339672020[/url]' post='6334772']

Didn't Bosman blow that away completely?

No. An ordinary employee can give notice and walk away from a contract of employment, a footballer can't do that unless they are covered by the Webster ruling and even that was a complicated matter.

Bosman dealt with the problem of clubs retaining registrations after contracts ended. UEFA convinced the European court that football was unlike any other job so needed special dispensation.

I was going to say quite a bit of money had been spent on Ibrox during Whytes time at the club...What i should say is quite a bit of work was done on the Stadium during the last 12 months.

I would suspect Rangers Leccy bill will be at such a rate due to running the undersoil heating which seemingly costs a fortune. The Big Screens are another luxury we can do without. I am sure we will be able to cut the costs right back.

We will rake in quite a bit from player transfer fees in the coming months.

We will still have 10,000 season ticket holders ... I don't think that is overly ambitious and will have cut our wage bill down from Millions to whatever is considered needed to get us back up the leagues.

Rangers might be playing in the SFL 3 but we are not going to lose every single one of our supprot. There are your hardcore support who will still go. There are the ones who will go out of sheer defiance and of course there will be a few who will go along for the odd game here and there.

Rangers won't be playing in ANY division next season.

A newco maybe, but Rangers are DEAD.

The ground at Murray park could raise a LOT of money. Its in a very sought after part of the area and I dont see developers having many problems getting permission to change use. Its happened all over East dunbartonshire (Where Murray park is), and its not that complicated for them to reroute the possible flood plain. I think East dunbartonshire council would be quite happy with the high band council tax income that could come in via a nice big upmarket housing development - something that is in very high demand in East dunbartonshire. I have a friend that lives in the area that works for the council and he told me that this is just a red herring too by the Rangers apologists.

Do we have any actual confirmation on McCoist yet?

1. 1216: John Macmillan, Rangers supporters' spokesman"Morale must be pretty low at the moment," he told BBC Radio Scotland. "We don't really know what's going to happen to the club or who would replace Ally McCoist if he does leave.
    "But the fact he's not making any comment and Rangers aren't, tells me the story."