Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sorry, Americans lecturing us on how to run sports...? Remind me how teams enter or move around the likes of MLS the NFL or their other franchise-based stand-alone leagues?

Well, Bill Miller's advisors spotted there was a £30mill hole in what H&D told him, and even then, that was based upon SPL membership continuing

Dave King when leaving back to SA commented on the "structural losses" (remember that they were leaking £1mill a month.

I know a bit aboots NFL and am a Vikes fan - we have stadium problems. Teach me in the last 3 decades an NFL team who ever went bust like Rangers instead of the valuable franchise being bought-oots. In the past I was an Oilers fan, but fair play to the Tennessee billionaire came in and took them to be the Titans. A crap analogy to US sports I suggest Hibee- why do you talk such pish?

Edited by Claymores

Yes... by gearing everything around income maximisation, running closed shops, and sometimes even body-snatching teams to get a city into the top level. Isn't that just about a perfect summary of everything people are up-in-arms about regarding the proposals to save Rangers?!?!

In short... Yanks Go Home :lol:!!

at least its shared by ALL............

Guest Kincardine

so just because in the words of Ranger Media, he's a "heavy duty tarrier" his views don't ring true ?

besides.........SAF grew up a Rangers fan !

I didn't say his views don't ring true. I said we don't know if he's American. And we don't.

If I decide to abandon tynecastle next season i am going to take a wee trip to Sweden. Always admired their league set up.

7347173668_15a5559d41_b.jpg

Better tits, fannies and arses than those in the Scottiish game, anyway...

So, let me get this right.

1) You do not believe that The SFA & The SPL have any responsibility for ensuring that their members act within their own rules/laws and the laws of the land.

&

2) You do not believe that they were negligent in allowing a previously disqualified director to pass their "fit & proper person" test.

Is that correct?

1) The governing bodies oversee football. They set the rules and govern the members. If the members break the rules then they are punished in accordance with them. That doesnt, however, make the governing body responsible for the members actions.

Is the referee responsible if a player is sent off? Are the police responsible for the acts criminals commit? Or the judges who sentence them?

2) As the rules stand, its up to the member to submit their "fit and proper person" information fully. Whyte didnt and was punished for it. Again, in what way are the governing bodies responsible for the, deliberate, non-disclosure of a member?

Lets take a look at what you actually said though ...

Just a thought.

Given the vigour with which HMRC seem determined to investigate the actions of all of the players, in the saga, (Directors, Administrators etc) with a view to recovering as much revenue as possible, I'm wondering how easily the officials at the SFA & SPL are sleeping in their beds?

Why?

Well, if they had met their responsibility to, effectively, monitor the actions/accounts of RFC, in the years prior to the sale to White and then conducted their "fit and proper persons" test efficiently then, maybe, the whole fiasco could have been avoided.

Does this make the bodies & their officials liable, in law, I haven't a clue but I feel that it could be quite likely!

Negligence, normally, does!

As I said, just a thought!!

If you'd like to point to where in the SFA or SPL rules it states that the governing bodies are responsible for monitoring the financial goings on of its members or how the "fit and proper person" test wasnt carried out according to the current rules Id be very interested to see it. Until then, we'll have to presume youre talking rubbish

To be honest, I thought we'd got past all this "it was the SFA/SPLs" fault about 4 months ago :rolleyes:

sounds like they could be bought for 1 or 2 pieces of silver!

Not even as many as 40! (See my rage induced biblical error yesterday!)

Yup, that is what I am worried about!

However, we have just laid our new all weather surface and that should have stabalised finances this year (fewer postponements, loss of sponsorship etc) so I am hoping that they would need to accept this disgraceful deal mad.gif

Yes... by gearing everything around income maximisation, running closed shops, and sometimes even body-snatching teams to get a city into the top level. Isn't that just about a perfect summary of everything people are up-in-arms about regarding the proposals to save Rangers?!?!

In short... Yanks Go Home :lol:!!

And yet, a fan used to all of this, still thinks the SFL proposals stink!

Not sure how to frame the question here, but if senior officials of the SFA were told that Rangers (and another club) were running double contracts and did not do anything about it, would that take us into this area of liability and negligence. This was 3 years ago. With witnesses.

message me if you want to discuss offline.

I did not wish to imply that I had any type of "inside" information, because I don't.

However, my understanding is that is the legal responsibility of any organisation to ensure that members adhere to their own rules/regulations and also the law of the land (not just assume that they are doing so).

Now, from where I sit it would appear that both The SFA and SPL have paid lip service to those requirements and would, therefore, appear to have been negligent.

Regarding White, I do, though, remember a quote (although not the name of the person quoted - although was a senior figure) who, when asked, about how White had been allowed to pass the "fit & proper persons" test, when he had been disqualified, previously, said that "nobody told us".

Hardly the words of someone who's organisation takes their responsibilities seriously.

Negligence = financial liability and quite rightly so!

Edited by Laeotaekhun

St Mirren have just announced a shareholders/season ticket holders meeting for monday night. They say that as of today they are in receipt of enough information to make valued decisions !