Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So we've now got Morton, Clyde, Dunfermline, Peterhead, Annan, Clyde, Raith Rovers and Hamilton all nos?

Is it only 8 required?

'According' 'to' 'the' 'Record' it might need only a simple majority, so 15 Nos. Suspect they're talking shite again though.

At least the SFL haven't given Sevco 5088 a vote as well. wacko.gif

Edited by vikingTON

Gate splitting is utter garbage.... just greedy wee b*****ds wanting a chunk of money from clubs with far greater attendances than theirs... notice how its fans of teams who can barely fill a stand at their own ground who want this. Will not happen .. deal with it :)

Once again I'll ask - if the other 10 can make more cash out of it, and vote for it...what are you going to do about it? Like it or lump it, you've got nowhere else to go because nobody else wants you. :)

Sorry if this has been posted before:

I am sure I have physically seen a clause on the SFA's website in their Articles regarding an application for a licence needing "3 years audited accounts", but I can't seem to find it (What does Cmpbell Ogiilvie do all day? Edit Articles & Rules?).

Also, according to the SFA's website any Club wishing to enter the SPL must have a UEFA Licence. To gain this License from the SFA they must have an SFA membership Licence for 3 years. IMO the rule below would prevent a newco entry to the SPL for 3 years. Its on Page 1...

http://www.scottishf...Licence (2).pdf

Quote:

3.1.1 The Licence Applicant may only be a football club, that is the legal entity fully responsible for the football team participating in national and international competitions and which is the legal entity member of the Scottish Football Association (Full or Associate Member). The licence applicant is responsible for the fulfillment of the club licensing criteria.

This membership must have been in place at the start of the licence season for a minimum period of three consecutive years. Any alteration to the club's legal form or company structure (including, for example, changing its headquarters, name or club colours, or transferring stakeholdings between different clubs) during this period in order to facilitate its qualification on sporting merit and/or its receipt of a licence to the detriment of the integrity of a competition is deemed as an interruption of membership within the meaning of this provision.

The UEFA administration may grant exceptions on the non-applicability of the above three-year rule in case of change of legal form or company structure of the licence applicant on a case-by-case basis. These exceptions are granted to the individual club that applies for a UEFA Licence. An exception is granted for a period of one season; under specific circumstances, this period may be extended. A renewal of the exception is possible upon a new request. Refer to Annex I B (§1,2, 4-8) of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations for more details on the process.

3.1.2 Only a Full or Associate Member can apply for / receive a licence. Individuals may not apply for / receive a licence.

ETA: So, on my reading of the rules, even if newco were parachuted into SFL Division 1, they would be stuck there for 3 years, even if they won the league every season.

I wonder if the SPL Chairmen have seen this? Doncaster couldn't/wouldn't tell them as he doesn't read the Rules and makes it up as he goes along.

There is an exemption clause, but this is for Clubs outwith the SPL who happen to win, or are losing finalists in the Scottish Cup and qualify for Europe by default, ala Queen of the South in 2008.

Either way, exGers are fecked people!

WATP = "We Are The Pariahs"

Ironic chant to sing at 'them' if we ever meet again.... "WE Are The People"

Still, with a heavy heart, it doesn't stop me from seriously considering giving up my Shareholding, CIC DD, Season ticket and the buying of half-time pies if my Club does not publicly distance themselves from the SFL 'consultation' document.

Edited by Vambo57

Re sharing gate money, I think that's a non starter too, the bigger teams are always going to generate more cash from their big support and that's just the way it is. Sort out sponsor and TV cash in an even split, maybe even havea fund to help out teams in a spot if bother or teams who get relegated, but no sharing of gate money.

Re the NFL, the point I was making earlier is that their closed shop allows them to do amazing things like give the weakest teams first choice on the best young players etc, there's no way any country could try anything similar with football as the best young players would much rather just go to another country than sign for the bottom club in the spl or whatever, an option not open to NFL players as literally no one else plays gridiron football, certainly not to the standard they do anyway

Gate splitting is utter garbage.... just greedy wee b*****ds wanting a chunk of money from clubs with far greater attendances than theirs... notice how its fans of teams who can barely fill a stand at their own ground who want this. Will not happen .. deal with it :)

I take it you will be asking Celtic to hand back any Champions League money then? Because we all know it's the Barcas, Madrids etc who bring most of the money into the competition through sponsors etc?

Just got in from work so this may have already been mentioned. Listening to Off The Ball, who the f**k is this guy Alexander, says he's a St.Mirren fan but comes across as the biggest SevCo 5088 apologist, total tool.

Is he a journo or what ?

Blood boiling ! :angry:

Apparently we just need to ask any Saint Mirren fan. Chick? Chick - are you there?

You've all been waiting for it, now Clyde have spoken:

That is not only a great decision but an absolutely brilliant, well thought out and well expressed statement. In particular the 3rd, 4th and 5th paragraphs.

"The papers include a proposal to allow a Newco to enter the 1st Division. This is contrary to the rules of the SFL and nothing within the papers justifies this proposal.

As a club owned by its supporters and recovering from having been on the brink of extinction, the Board of Clyde Football Club recognise the damage done to the credibility of Rangers Football Club by its successive owners, and the subsequent impact on staff and supporters. These proposals do nothing to restore that credibility.

It is not for us to become involved in punishment, that is a matter for the SPL and SFA. The SFL clubs are being asked to change their rules so that the SPL and SFA can apply sanctions that fit short term financial interests."

Edited by Granny Danger

I can be as guilty as anyone of posting pish on here, but seriously, every time the captain comes on here, he drags this thread completely away from 'the big Rangers administration/liquidation' issue, and down a path that is signposted 'fcuk Celtic too'.

Now, that's a path maybe worth going down, each to their own and all that, but responding to the captain's incessant anti-Celtic trolling just drags this particular thread right down the tubes.

Have a greenie. We need to tackle these cnuts one club at a time. Lets makes sure the blue half are deed before we turn on the green half.

Once again I'll ask - if the other 10 can make more cash out of it, and vote for it...what are you going to do about it? Like it or lump it, you've got nowhere else to go because nobody else wants you. :)

like it or lump it ... it wont happen.. say for example the other SPL clubs vote for celtic to start on -30 points because its 'what they want' :lol: that, like gate sharing i.e greedy b*****ds wanting a slice of other clubs income wont happen... itd be thrown out of court.. :D

Doncaster Announces Plans For Radical Shake Up Of His Hairstyle

_54100265_doncaster.jpg

Citing a need for urgent change across the full spectrum of his outer skull, Neil Doncaster last night announced plans for a radical shake up of his hairstyle.

The inherently evil SPL Chief Executive took a break from drowning puppies in his kitchen sink to present his vision for a slicker, more modern, haircut.

“It’s clear we need sweeping changes right across each of my hair follicles if I am to meet the considerable challenges that lie ahead,” declared the grinning former Norwich City chief executive.

“I was speaking to Ralph [Topping] after a fox-hunt last week about how we could close down an orphanage and use it as an SPL five-a-side venue, when he suggested people might be more accepting of my dastardly schemes if I looked more like a professional executive and less like a serial killer on acid.”

“He can be a cheeky p***k but he’s probably got a point.”

Doncaster’s hairstyle has – up until now – operated a rigid style where each strand was super glued into place, and any new strand coming through had to meet a stringent follicle-excellence test before it was accepted into the main body of hair.

So far, no new hair strands have made the grade.

“The time has come for radical reform,” added Doncaster, while casually beating his household servant with a rolling pin. “Which is precisely why I have made an appointment with a senior stylist for a full wash, cut, and style at Toni & Guy in the city centre.”

“It will certainly make a change from cutting my own hair with a pair of garden shears.”

Glasgow Fashionistas are already speculating that the portly SPL enforcer will plump for a Mohawk, although some suggest dying half his hair blue and the other half green would be appropriate.

The thing about the SPL proposals is that they are half baked. Clyde's comments were spot and the document is half baked, half thought out and should be treated with utter disdain. The future of Scottish Football is far too important and the authorities really should have tried a little harder in the thinking behind this document. Alex T called it right when he questioned the detail within the paper; where are they plucking the figures from? Where is the research? Where is the detail? Where is the basic business plan and roadmap which will guide the member Clubs to safety? Why the scaemongering? Where's the true punishment to Oldco/Newco as it looks more akin to a rescue package? The document is pathetic and should be rejected out of hand. I'm no expert but surely a 'fit and proper' proposal for Scottish Football can take weeks if not months to prepare properly, with considerable brainpower contributing from all quarters of Scotland's sporting, finance, public and private sectors; not this two-bit effort scrawled on the back of a fag packet. I call on all member Clubs not to be blackmailed or have the wool pulled over their eyes. Remember Clubs, the fans are watching closely: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me".

Edited by GunnerBairn

Just got in from work so this may have already been mentioned. Listening to Off The Ball, who the f**k is this guy Alexander, says he's a St.Mirren fan but comes across as the biggest SevCo 5088 apologist, total tool.

Is he a journo or what ?

Blood boiling ! :angry:

Seems St Mirren are replacing Partick as the closet Sevco journalists' diddy team of choice.

I take it you will be asking Celtic to hand back any Champions League money then? Because we all know it's the Barcas, Madrids etc who bring most of the money into the competition through sponsors etc?

TV and sponsorship money is totally different from a teams income taken for selling tickets at their OWN stadium.... gate sharing will never happen... even if chairmen like the one of your team voted for it.. celtic would take it to the courts and itd be laughed at and thrown out.. :lol: why should a chunk of my season ticket money i pay to MY club go to a shower of greedy b*****ds who cant fill a stand at their own ground and bring 100 fans to our ground... :lol: ... No danger !