Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Having looked at section 14.1 of the SFA's articles, not sure it is as clear cut as Alex Thomson made it appear? Despite the first part of the article saying transfer is prohibited in any way unless it is part of a solvent restructuring, the last sentence makes it look like the SFA can use its discretion?

Yeah, sorry, I've been wanting to use that youtube link for ages and this seemed a good post to use it for. :ph34r:

For what it's worth, having read that rule, I agree with your synopsis. By the letter of their own rules, Dunfermline must now stay in the SPL and I can see why they've issued several press statements saying such. They've got a strong starting legal position and, if Dundee are allowed up, I can see the SPL being forced to pay damages at the very least to Dunfermline. I hope we can avoid the civil courts, because this has the potential to get even sillier and more bizarre than it already is.

I suppose the SPL response will be Rangers were/will not be relegated. The oldco have simply failed to have the membership transfered to the newco. That creates a space which Dundee are the obvious choice (assuming one team must be relegated) to fill.

Yeah, sorry, I've been wanting to use that youtube link for ages and this seemed a good post to use it for. :ph34r:

For what it's worth, having read that rule, I agree with your synopsis. By the letter of their own rules, Dunfermline must now stay in the SPL and I can see why they've issued several press statements saying such. They've got a strong starting legal position and, if Dundee are allowed up, I can see the SPL being forced to pay damages at the very least to Dunfermline. I hope we can avoid the civil courts, because this has the potential to get even sillier and more bizarre than it already is.

The easiest solution to this one would be for Dundee and Dunfermline to have a game of shuv ha'penny lasting 5 mins each way (extra time and penalties if required). Then .... and wait for it, depending on the result, we could just say that Rangers won the match fair and square so Rangers stay in the SPL and NEWCO get promoted from non-league nowhere into the SPL too. Then everyone would see that justice had been done.

And if you cant accept that then there is no hope for Scottish Football.

I suppose the SPL response will be Rangers were/will not be relegated. The oldco have simply failed to have the membership transfered to the newco. That creates a space which Dundee are the obvious choice (assuming one team must be relegated) to fill.

11 team SPL next season imo.If the newco is suspended for a year they will hold a place open for the zombies return.I'm sure suspension is the only option available with all the goings on at Ipox just now.

The easiest solution to this one would be for Dundee and Dunfermline to have a game of shuv ha'penny lasting 5 mins each way (extra time and penalties if required). Then .... and wait for it, depending on the result, we could just say that Rangers won the match fair and square so Rangers stay in the SPL and NEWCO get promoted from non-league nowhere into the SPL too. Then everyone would see that justice had been done.

And if you cant accept that then there is no hope for Scottish Football.

And everything will be as it is now sad.gif

Therefore newco MUST apply to join SFL3 - no other route for them. The current proposal breaks all rules.

Therefore newco MUST apply to join SFL3 - no other route for them. The current proposal breaks all rules.

Dumbass, get on the dead pool you old point scorer you ;)

Not so ! I did like the OF games but also looked forward to the other 10 clubs and it is humbling that your team got beat off the wee clubs.

Last year at the end Dundee Utd put a run in that was championship winning form.That comes after the gers going into admin in my mind.If only they started the season better.

Of all the posts on P&B to make the game better ! all I've read is cripple the OF and not how do your clubs get bums into the stadiums.It's more like how much can we take of the OF and not how do your club market better to get fans paying to help compete on their own accord.

Well one cracking idea would be to run a competition that wasn't rigged so blatantly for the benefit of two clubs - y'know, one with a bit more of a sporting set-up, rather than one where "the rest" exist as cannon fodder and should know their place. The already uncovered malfeasance of your business partners is being dealt with shamefully by the authorities. One of the most shameful aspects of the whole affair - even more so than Johnston's blatant arslikhan - is the deafening silence from parkhead as Lawell desperately burns the phone lines and leans on his contacts in order to get his chums back to the top table before those meddling diddies alter voting structures to something like democracy.

Captain S is mental, fair enough, but make no mistake, the Ugly Sisters' halcyon days are over. Killie and others may have problems in the months and years ahead, but celtic are going to be affected more than any other club in Scotland. Enjoy the ride, muthafuckas!

Not so ! I did like the OF games but also looked forward to the other 10 clubs and it is humbling that your team got beat off the wee clubs.

Last year at the end Dundee Utd put a run in that was championship winning form.That comes after the gers going into admin in my mind.If only they started the season better.

Of all the posts on P&B to make the game better ! all I've read is cripple the OF and not how do your clubs get bums into the stadiums.It's more like how much can we take of the OF and not how do your club market better to get fans paying to help compete on their own accord.

The problem is the press as so fixated with the old firm that when the clubs try to do anything it gets lost or pushed into a small corner of the paper as they cannot be seen to do anything that upsets the status quo.

Now this is a test for any Celtic fan reading this, How much will it cost you to bring a adult and 2 children to McDiarmid Park next season? St Johnstone announced their fan push 2 weeks ago but its not been covered in the national press at all.

The clubs need to do more, thanks the the high percentage of nuggets who follow the old firm it should be easy to run a negative campaign against them and promote local family friendly football. it's maybe something that some of the teams should get together and work together on.

Would this only be applicable if Zombie Rangers are placed in the first ?

Is it fair if i say that the SPL/SFA/SFL rules only apply to 40 of Scotlands 42 clubs?

All of a sudden we are looking at serious rule bending and rewriting of the rulebook.

All of a sudden ??!?!?!?!?! Par for the course more like.

I think that's where the wrangle might come. It's all down to interpretation, and from all I've seen/read suggests the SFA/SPL/SFL consider this a relegation, regardless of whether this is or not. I think that's why Doncaster has tried so fervently to get Rangers back in Division 1, and that seems to be the interpretation the SPL are using to justify their position. We'll see what happens - still some twists to come before the vote IMO.