Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Oh ye gods. I've not been on since Saturday, and I've got a busy day....I've summarised for people before, could somebody please sum up the last 24 hours or so please? Any good articles or particular posts worth reading? Any real news? Thanks!

Jim Traynor's genuinely schizophrenic attitude to the whole shebang took a new turn. He went off on a Leggo rant.

We're All Gonnae Die

Whilst Hugh Keevins wept.

And in the same paper, George Adams makes a subtle hint to Rangers.

Don't Buy Your Dinner at Marks and Sparks If You Can't Afford It

Essentially, the Sports Editor has no sense of irony.

I'm still waiting for Traynor et al. to provide a single shred of evidence that Scottish Football will cease to exist without Rangers in the SPL or SFL 1.

Succulent lamb journalism at it's most desperate.

His columns are a wee bit like the bible; you have to suspend reality and just believe it's true.

For the sake of clarity I am not suggesting Traynor is a diety.

Traynor (go on, admit you don't read this thread), it's not about Rangers being "kicked out", more a case if the new company wishes to begin playing football then they are entirely free to apply to any league they wish. We have heard in the past decade they have been looking to leave SPL anyway.

SPL have their vote scheduled for Wednesday, let's see how many vote yes.

Failing that, they can apply to join the SFL although how a new club could immediately be parachuted into Division 1 I have no idea. But then again I'm just a genuine fitba fan supporting my local team so what do I know?

How about John "Bombastic" Brown being made Chief Executive of SPL?

alex thomson@alextomoSFL Pres and Aidrie Chmn Jim Ballantyne says Aidrie won't vote on any Rangers Newco issue because if conflicts of interest

Expand

• ph34r.gif

Anyone else read that as "we want to vote 'yes' to newco but we don't want to be slaughtered by the fans when everyone else votes no"?

Saw copy of the record today...

Keevins and Traynor are absolute morons. They don't seem to understand where the resentment towards Rangers has come from. They, along with Celtic have made Scottish football uncompetitive, dull and manipulated the rules and distribution of money for their own benefit, and in the case of Rangers, then failed to stick to the rules they coudln't manipulate. All this while being bigoted and violent. Can they not see why the diddy team fans would like to have a go without them ruining it for everyone?

Also worth having a look at the Rangers fans on the hotline section - utterly crazy human beings.

Anyone else read that as "we want to vote 'yes' to newco but we don't want to be slaughtered by the fans when everyone else votes no"?

I was thinking along the same lines,but either way he would probably be lambasted

If it's one less potential yes vote I'm quite happy. I'm sure it was being suggested that even if it only requires a simple majority for a yes vote it would still be 15+1, so in effect any abstention is a no vote.

To be fair to Jim he never voted in the Livi situation either due to there being a conflict of interests then as well.

I thought he would of came out and backed the NewCo since everyone knows he was a big supporter of the OldCo.

I was thinking along the same lines,but either way he would probably be lambasted

At the moment, it's pretty much the case that if you don't say no then you're all for them and going to end up with some sort of backlash, although that's annoyingly similar to the OF mentality of "if you're no with us then you're against us".

He was probaby involved, if not directly, with the drawing up of the proposal. I thought he would have to withdraw his vote, along with Donald Findlay at Cowdenbeath as he's currently representing a consortium trying to buy the club.

alex thomson@alextomoSFL Pres and Aidrie Chmn Jim Ballantyne says Aidrie won't vote on any Rangers Newco issue because if conflicts of interest

Expand

• ph34r.gif

There should be no conflict of interest. As soon as old Gers get papped out the SPL, Airdrie should be an SFL1 club and the only thing they should be voting for is whether to admit Sevco Scotland into SFL3

Airdrie's position next season is directly affected by the outcome of the vote, and Ballantyne is a representative of both the SFA and the SFL.

Ah, fair dos. I think that's enough of ammo if anyone wants to have a go at them later on.